The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
Kili's injuries

lionoferebor
Rohan

Mar 12 2015, 7:39pm

Post #1 of 3 (1377 views)
Shortcut
Kili's injuries Can't Post

I am currently in the development stages of a Hobbit fan-fiction based on the movies. (Maybe I'll write a book-verse one down the road). It is a post BOFA story; all survive but not without injury.

Thorin, Fili, and Kili's injuries are the results of their death scenes as portrayed in the films. Obviously, I'm altering each scene a bit so they survive. I already know what Fili's and Thorin's injuries will be, but I'm a bit unsure of Kili's.

In my story Kili survives because Tauriel stops Bolg from stabbing him. So, minus the stabbing, based on what we see in the film what kind of injury/injuries would he possibly suffer? I'm open for suggestions, but please be specific. Also the injury should be relevant to what we see in the film.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Mar 13 2015, 1:39pm

Post #2 of 3 (1282 views)
Shortcut
We're all still in De Nile, aren't we? [In reply to] Can't Post

LOL!Cool Well I wrote one that's posted here on Fan Art called "The Last One Alive," where Kili was stabbed but not mortally wounded, so that's one possibility. Another (and I wish I'd thought of this BEFORE I posted my fic) is that Tauriel was basically saying in Elvish what Arwen said to save Frodo, something like "What grace has given to me, let it pass to him." Which could mean that he survives but she doesn't (also the way it went down in my fanfic). I suppose HE could be the one Bolg chokes and throws against the wall, and Tauriel could get stabbed instead, then Kili launches himself at Bolg and they both go tumbling over - unless you want her to survive so that they can be together, in which case that won't work either. Another possibility is that Dwalin will show up and help save them both, hmmmm, Dwalin and Legolas working together to save Kili & Tauriel, that's a possibility as well. Lemme know when you post it, I'd like to read it.

Why yes, I DO look like Anna Friel!

lionoferebor
Rohan

Mar 13 2015, 4:28pm

Post #3 of 3 (1267 views)
Shortcut
Great ideas! Thank you. [In reply to] Can't Post

I suppose HE could be the one Bolg chokes and throws against the wall, and Tauriel could get stabbed instead, then Kili launches himself at Bolg and they both go tumbling over - unless you want her to survive so that they can be together, in which case that won't work either. Another possibility is that Dwalin will show up and help save them both, hmmmm, Dwalin and Legolas working together to save Kili & Tauriel, that's a possibility as well. Lemme know when you post it, I'd like to read it.

Yes...I've been in denial since I read the book 12 years ago. And even though what I have planned could be called a "BOFA fix-it", it's really not.

As it stands now, I intend to keep Tauriel alive. Still I like your idea of her and Kili switching places. I also like the idea of Dwalin and Legolas working together. Not only would it be interesting, but it would show that despite the animosity Elves and Dwarves have toward each other, when comes down to it they'll work together against the forces of evil.

Either way, I don't want Kili to walk away unscathed (it seems unrealistic to me). However his injury would have to be such that he would be back on his feet fairly quick. If not for himself, for his family...especially his brother.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.