Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
Custom Playmobil "The Fellowship of The Ring" set.

Marcoc5417

Mar 10 2015, 6:25pm

Post #1 of 11 (5413 views)
Shortcut
Custom Playmobil "The Fellowship of The Ring" set. Can't Post

Hi, i want to show you my latest modelling effort.
Here is my Custom Playmobil "The Fellowship of The Ring". I'm planning to do a decorate box to keep them.
Hope you'll like it as much as i've enjoed the conversion.
http://img07.deviantart.net/b44a/i/2015/067/a/9/the_fellowship_of_the_ring_by_marcoc5417-d8kwiyz.jpg

(This post was edited by Marcoc5417 on Mar 10 2015, 6:28pm)

Gianna
Rohan

Mar 11 2015, 12:52am

Post #2 of 11 (5364 views)
Shortcut
It looks great!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I especially like Gandalf's staff, and good attention to detail on Pippin (the scarf) and Gimli's helmet, not to mention the hair on the hobbit feet. Wink I wish I could have a set of those, it's sooo cute!

~There's some good left in this world. And it's worth fighting for.~

Barrel Rider
Rivendell

Mar 13 2015, 12:18pm

Post #3 of 11 (5318 views)
Shortcut
Fabulous! How did you do it? [In reply to] Can't Post

That is SO cute! My sister and I loved Playmobil, and we have bins and bins of it. Kept it all --- even though we don't play with it anymore. I'd love to make a set like this. I could see all the different accessories that you used. How did you do things like the Hobbit vest, furry feet and Gimli's helmet? Boromir's beard? Did you actually paint on the figures?

Wonderful job! Thanks for sharing!
Sarah

Marcoc5417

Mar 13 2015, 1:24pm

Post #4 of 11 (5305 views)
Shortcut
Reply: Fabulous! How did you do it? by Barrel Rider [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for your appreciation! Let's start:
The hobbit vests are handpainted with acrilic colors,
i used the barefoot kids models for the hobbits legs and handpainted the fur,
Gimli's helmet is self made with hard paper and green stuff modelling putty over a playmobil chainmail coif.
Boromir's beard too is painted,

I've made also a custom "Whitch King set".
Check it out:

http://pcc.pm/photo/gandalf-and-morgul-lord?context=user

and the complete set here:

http://pcc.pm/photo/witch-king-custom-set-finished?context=user

(This post was edited by Marcoc5417 on Mar 13 2015, 1:31pm)

Barrel Rider
Rivendell

Mar 13 2015, 1:32pm

Post #5 of 11 (5297 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! Gotta do this! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the quick reply. Something tells me that my sister is going to have to do this to some of ours! We've got a whole bin full of figures, so we should be able to have all the feet and basics that we will need. Is Gimli's helmet made on the head, or is it removable? Have you done any other Middle Earth characters?

Regards,
Sarah

Marcoc5417

Mar 13 2015, 1:50pm

Post #6 of 11 (5292 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! Gotta do this! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, Gimli's helmet is removable. The basic item i've used is this one:

http://www.ebay.it/itm/Pelo-cota-malla-corto-plata-2u-ref-10251-playmobil-peluca-oeste-pirata-medieval-/221708638351?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_186&hash=item339edd588f

Over this i've done a lot of modelling work with hard paper and modelling putty.

Please check my PCC account to see all other Tolkien playmobil characters:

http://pcc.pm/photo/photo/listForContributor?screenName=1om1loiwp5fh0

Bye

Marco

Barrel Rider
Rivendell

Mar 13 2015, 1:58pm

Post #7 of 11 (5285 views)
Shortcut
Amazing! [In reply to] Can't Post

Those are great! I love Bard! I've got to get my sister to do this. She's really good at painting small things. :)

One more question: How did you do Gandalf's hat? Was there a Playmobil hat like that or did you make it, too?

Fabulous job! Thanks so much for sharing these. Great work!
Sarah

Marcoc5417

Mar 13 2015, 2:07pm

Post #8 of 11 (5284 views)
Shortcut
Amazing! by Barrel Rider [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, the basic for gandalf is this one:

http://s385.photobucket.com/user/leonography/media/playmobil/playDwiz01_zpsc714e0e4.jpg.html

You just have to remove the circlet from the hat, change head, belt, mantle and staff, put a sword in the belt,
paint in gray and VOILA!

(This post was edited by Marcoc5417 on Mar 13 2015, 2:13pm)

Barrel Rider
Rivendell

Mar 13 2015, 2:26pm

Post #9 of 11 (5273 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf Figure [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for sending the link to the original Wizard. We didn't get that one, so we'll have to do that. Gotta make a Gandalf!

My sister is going to try this. She has two questions for you. How do you change the actual head? We've changed hair, but never the head. Also, how did you change the belt. She wonders if you were able to slide it off or had to cut it off?

Thanks!
Sarah

Marcoc5417

Mar 13 2015, 3:07pm

Post #10 of 11 (5267 views)
Shortcut
Reply to: Gandalf Figure [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, you have to disassemble the figure. Begin removing the head:

http://www.macgayverplaymobil.be/Forum%20pics/macgayver%20playmobil%20klickieapart.htm

Be careful to protect the neck and the head with a tissue before you grab the head and pull it off.
I personally proceed in this way: remove hair, cover the head with the tissue, grap with the pliers and pull,
holding the legs, as in the pictures.

When the head is off, just remove arms and the legs, by pulling them out of the torso.
The belt is now removable.

To reassemble, put thing in this order:
Belt in the torso, arms in the torso, legs, head.

Hope all is clear

bye

(This post was edited by Marcoc5417 on Mar 13 2015, 3:08pm)

Barrel Rider
Rivendell

Mar 15 2015, 12:18pm

Post #11 of 11 (5190 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf Figure [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks SO much! This seems very clear. My sister is going to try this as soon as we finish sorting through figures and picking out the ones to use. If she has any questions then, I'll post again. Thanks for your help! Fabulous idea!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.