Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Are you happy with your current weight?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: Are you happy with your current weight?
Yes
No
None of your business!
Other
View Results (59 votes)

BlackFox
Half-elven

Mar 8 2015, 7:07pm

Post #1 of 32 (1994 views)
Shortcut
Are you happy with your current weight? Can't Post

Or do you dream of losing/gaining a few pounds?

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Mar 9 2015, 12:43am

Post #2 of 32 (1898 views)
Shortcut
No. [In reply to] Can't Post

Though, it's not that my weight makes me unhappy. Despite weighing more that is exactly healthy, I can still play tennis, hike up mountains, and shop for outfits in which I feel I look good.

I just know that if I weighed somewhat less I could play tennis better, hike up mountains more easily, and buy even nicer outfits. Cool

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 9 2015, 1:12am

Post #3 of 32 (1892 views)
Shortcut
Not right now. [In reply to] Can't Post

After a very rough year in many ways, I clearly was not paying attention to my lifestyle as much as I should have. Now I have some extra me to beat up and away.Crazy

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Mar 9 2015, 1:33pm

Post #4 of 32 (1860 views)
Shortcut
Happy, happy, happy - Runs in the family I think.. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Mar 9 2015, 2:58pm

Post #5 of 32 (1860 views)
Shortcut
I know that I could stand to lose a few pounds. [In reply to] Can't Post

Neither, though, am I too far gone.

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Mar 9 2015, 7:43pm

Post #6 of 32 (1847 views)
Shortcut
Not really. [In reply to] Can't Post

I know I'd have more energy for hiking if I lost a few pounds. Luckily Uncle Baggins is happy with my body, so it's really only a health issue for me. That and the annoyance of my stomach getting in the way when I bend over to tie my shoes, darn it.

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Mar 10 2015, 1:06pm

Post #7 of 32 (1823 views)
Shortcut
Walking and gardening days will be here again, Brethil! [In reply to] Can't Post

(Maybe even in a couple weeks!) You'll be back to getting exercise in ways you love again soon! I know I am eagerly awaiting the melting away of snow on some of my favorite walking spots... The temp here yesterday was 52 (seems tropical, but that's just normal for this time of year!!) so about half our snow is gone already. There's like, green(ish) grass under the trees!! I'd forgotten! Wink

The Grey Elf
Grey Havens

Mar 10 2015, 1:32pm

Post #8 of 32 (1818 views)
Shortcut
My doctor is perfectly content with my weight [In reply to] Can't Post

but I am not. Having a metabolism that kept me an underweight twig most of my life did not prepare me for middle age when all of sudden food started sticking to me. So I am really lacking in the discipline to watch what or how much I eat after a lifetime of being under-weight and not needing to. I'd say my issue is more portion control than what it is I'm eating. But making the lifestyle change to not only lose weight but keep it off is really difficult to do at an age when your mental faculties have so many other RL issues to concentrate on. So for you youthful fly-weights out there, let my example be a lesson to you. Practice a healthy lifestyle early!

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 10 2015, 5:08pm

Post #9 of 32 (1810 views)
Shortcut
Oh, from your post to nature's ears! [In reply to] Can't Post

I do hope so. I see some warmer temps here for a few days, and then back to high 30's. I have stuff I need to do, like get copper spray on my peach trees - bizarre to wade through knee-deep or higher snow to do it. Crazy I have my treadmill inside, but the last few weeks have been no treadmill because I keep falling on ice and hurting my ankles!

So you know me well, I need my outdoor weather and activity to feel like myself again.

Goodness yes, 52 must have felt shorts-weather! Shocked

(This post was edited by Brethil on Mar 10 2015, 5:09pm)

The Grey Elf
Grey Havens

Mar 10 2015, 5:51pm

Post #10 of 32 (1799 views)
Shortcut
Ha! My teen daughter thinks the 40s are shorts weather! [In reply to] Can't Post

We're enjoying the 50s here, too, and it practically makes me want to burst into song. Smile

Brethil, I do hope your poor ankles are comfortably safe from ice and slick spots very very soon. Heart

(This post was edited by The Grey Elf on Mar 10 2015, 5:55pm)

Ciars
Rohan

Mar 10 2015, 6:53pm

Post #11 of 32 (1793 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

But I could probably do with gaining back some I've lost!

cats16
Half-elven

Mar 10 2015, 7:34pm

Post #12 of 32 (1781 views)
Shortcut
Feels like I'm in the tropics, here! [In reply to] Can't Post

We're around 50 or so, and it feels like summer. Living it up now while I can (he says as he prepares to go to the library for several hours). Cool

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 10 2015, 8:12pm

Post #13 of 32 (1773 views)
Shortcut
Good news is I filled feeders [In reply to] Can't Post

and DIDN'T fall today. One day at a time. Laugh

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 10 2015, 8:14pm

Post #14 of 32 (1772 views)
Shortcut
Yes! 50's here, and feels bizarrely warm! [In reply to] Can't Post

Puddles and thick mud everywhere from melting snow and ice. I have seen ... my walkway. For the first time in months. Maybe soil and ground still do exist...Angelic

Have fun at the library!

(This post was edited by Brethil on Mar 10 2015, 8:15pm)

cats16
Half-elven

Mar 10 2015, 9:01pm

Post #15 of 32 (1756 views)
Shortcut
Puddles are good! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thankfully it's not a total sloppy mess here, although there is mud all over.

Thanks! Hard to stay inside when the view looks so nice out there...

Annael
Immortal

Mar 11 2015, 2:50am

Post #16 of 32 (1731 views)
Shortcut
everything's relative [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm 20 pounds less than the most I've ever weighed, and I'm happy about that.

But still 20 pounds above optimum, so I'd like to get back there.

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Mar 11 2015, 12:08pm

Post #17 of 32 (1670 views)
Shortcut
I need to lose weight for health reasons [In reply to] Can't Post

The weight piled on with my last two children. I was over 40 when I had my youngest and I never was able to lose that baby weight. I was finally on my way last fall and then all the stuff descended on my family's life. It really took its toll and I gained back what I had lost. I'm on my way again so hopefully I can keep up the momentum.

What is funny is how surprised I am when I look in the mirror. In my head, I still look (and weigh) the same as I did when I was 30. It's a shock to see the 51 year old lady that needs to lose 40 pounds. She's still cute though. Smile

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Mar 12 2015, 2:26am

Post #18 of 32 (1644 views)
Shortcut
$#^$#^%$&%$& [In reply to] Can't Post

Frown

I actually have done a lot of physical exercise since childhood, and have developed ever better diet over the years...

But I am of that sturdy Pennsylvania Deutsch stock (read "Dwarf") that farmed the land and never was skinny and Elvish.

At least we're long lived...

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 12 2015, 3:49pm

Post #19 of 32 (1619 views)
Shortcut
"Sturdy". [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes! I like that term.

Describes those of us with the immigrant German/Swiss farmers (and for me, add in Welsh miners) heritage perfectly...Tongue

But as you note, we are long-lived! Smile (Although one of my grandmas died young, she was only 82, and had a heart attack while on a date with a boyfriend...)

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Mar 12 2015, 3:55pm

Post #20 of 32 (1618 views)
Shortcut
your gramma gives me hope... [In reply to] Can't Post

Sly

boyfriend, yesh!

Cirashala
Valinor

Mar 13 2015, 11:59pm

Post #21 of 32 (1582 views)
Shortcut
Same with the Scandinavians! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm 1/4 Norwegian and 1/8 Swedish, and goodness, I'm broad!

Five feet tall, was thin until babies (now about 18 lbs over my ideal weight, but working on it. Digestive disorder medication doesn't help-the stupid things keep making me gain weight back Pirate). However my shoulders are only about an inch less wide than my nearly six foot tall husband! Though I'm sure that hand scrubbing floors and bathrooms, kneading bread, and being an archer all contribute to the broad shoulders...I can lift my 42 pound almost as tall as I am five year old up over my head to help her into a shopping cart just using my arms. I have to wear my satchel purse like Gandalf (across the torso) because otherwise it slides right off....

And my mom? Closest thing to a real life Tolkien female dwarf that I've ever seen. Short legs, stocky, strong, stubborn as a mule, thick hair, (shh don't tell her I said this) better mustache than my dad if she didn't remove it and the slight sideburns, and she's only 4 feet 11 inches tall (4 foot 10 is legally a human dwarf, and since she's now in her 50's she may now be a real human dwarf for all I know).

And I take after her, strong legs and all (though my complexion and hair, curly like hers but fine, is most definitely Scandinavian). Thankfully I'm not as heavy as she is though....but I can still pick my husband (who outweighs me by 40 pounds and out heights me by nearly a foot) up off the ground fairly easily Smile

(This post was edited by Cirashala on Mar 14 2015, 12:02am)

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Mar 16 2015, 1:34am

Post #22 of 32 (1537 views)
Shortcut
No, but... [In reply to] Can't Post

It could be worse. I tend to eat my emotions Tongue and things have been stressful of late. So, actually, I'm surprised I'm not heavier than I am. My weight is like a mood ring. Laugh When I'm content and fulfilled, my weight is about where it should be, (I like pizza too much to ever be truly svelte), and when I'm anxious or stressed, watch my weight go up and up. FrownCrazy

Konrad S
Lorien

Mar 20 2015, 6:00am

Post #23 of 32 (1357 views)
Shortcut
Yes i like it. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmmm 29 swedish kg = 4 stones or 7.9341 Ib.

Fimbulfambi
The Shire

Mar 26 2015, 7:06pm

Post #24 of 32 (1312 views)
Shortcut
weight makes no difference [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't care much about the numbers. If I get more muscled, then I might look leaner though I weigh more. So, weight is not important. I don't mind my weight, but I rather exchange some of my fat for muscles (working on it though, so I'm getting there :) )

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Mar 26 2015, 11:50pm

Post #25 of 32 (1304 views)
Shortcut
Unless. of course... [In reply to] Can't Post

the total weight is a number that given one's frame, height, age, sex, etc. one is very unlikely to ever turn entirely into muscle. In such a case a lower number is a good thing.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.