Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Are you happy with your current weight?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: Are you happy with your current weight?
Yes
No
None of your business!
Other
View Results (59 votes)

Fimbulfambi
The Shire

Mar 27 2015, 5:46am

Post #26 of 32 (1135 views)
Shortcut
muscle [In reply to] Can't Post

In the case of being all muscle, no fat (provided that of course all other parts that make up a human is existing and well) the problem isn't really amount of muscle, but the lack of fat is.

Imagine a person weighing 70kg and has no fat percentage and is all muscle. Say, here either a lower or higher number would still be having a good effect. Either through decreasing muscle by exchanging it for fat OR adding fat.

Say, an anorectic person might be all muscle and no fat. It is not much muscle, but that is an obvious case that a higher number is preferable. It is quite subjective and depending on individuals.

Starling
Half-elven

Mar 27 2015, 7:37am

Post #27 of 32 (1131 views)
Shortcut
Like this: [In reply to] Can't Post

From Jonah Lomu's Wikipedia page:

Jonah Lomu has lent his name to various video games including Jonah Lomu Rugby and Rugby Challenge. His vital statistics have also become an oft-quoted demonstration of the problematic use of Body Mass Index as a measure of obesity.[43] With a match-ready body weight of 120 kg and a height of 1.96m, Lomu had a BMI of 31, in excess of the value of 30 usually taken to signify obesity. However, his waist measurement of 69 cm[44] implies a Body Shape Index consistent with a healthy weight.

Annael
Immortal

Mar 27 2015, 1:46pm

Post #28 of 32 (1113 views)
Shortcut
plus [In reply to] Can't Post

maintaining a BMI below 18 for a long time has a lot of health risks for women. My own doctor's take is that it's better to be fit and a bit overweight than unfit and underweight.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Mar 31 2015, 1:41pm

Post #29 of 32 (1091 views)
Shortcut
Is anyone ever??? [In reply to] Can't Post

A few years ago I was down to 135, which was still about 10 lbs heavier than I feel I should be, but I was pretty happy with that weight. Then I gained 20 lbs, which I am once again struggling to lose. I have had to buy bigger clothes so I'd have something to wear at work, & finally got rid of some of my too small clothes, but still have a closetful of pants that I can't wear for fear of ripping them out when I sit down. 135 lbs sounds really, really good right now! I also just turned 55 and have no delusions of ever having a bikini body (not that I'd wear one), but it would be nice to not be cut in half at the waist by my pants. I am once again on a "diet" and have lost a few lbs over the last week, maybe this time. But I've got a foot injury - I was training to run a half-marathon in an attempt to lose weight, funny it didn't happen - so exercise is difficult at best. Mostly back stretches and ab work, and a little walking or elliptical followed by ice on the foot. But today my pants don't feel so tight, I can breathe and sit down, so that's an improvement to be sure. I actually listed my weight as my "Arkenstone," the thing that I covet the most - that's probably a little unhealthy itself.Unsure

sevilodorf
Tol Eressea

Apr 2 2015, 3:40am

Post #30 of 32 (1075 views)
Shortcut
no// [In reply to] Can't Post

macfalk
Valinor

Apr 2 2015, 6:30am

Post #31 of 32 (1070 views)
Shortcut
I'd like to get rid of another 10 KG or so [In reply to] Can't Post

Then I'd be content.

Beleg Strongbow Cuthalion
Bree

Apr 14 2015, 2:44pm

Post #32 of 32 (1000 views)
Shortcut
Why yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

I mean, why not? My weight is a minor factor of my life. I like it fine!!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.