The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
LOTR on TCM tonight.

cats16
Half-elven

Mar 3 2015, 2:55am

Post #1 of 6 (1984 views)
Shortcut
LOTR on TCM tonight. Can't Post

For their 31 Days of Oscar event, the channel is running a marathon of the trilogy. FOTR is on right now (started at 8pm ET), with the other two following accordingly.

Just a heads up if anyone was interested!

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Mar 3 2015, 11:54am

Post #2 of 6 (1960 views)
Shortcut
I caught the first couple hours of FOTR [In reply to] Can't Post

What was truly awesome was that it was commercial-free! Cool

“Tollers,” Lewis said to Tolkien, “there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves.”

cats16
Half-elven

Mar 3 2015, 5:53pm

Post #3 of 6 (1935 views)
Shortcut
Nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

I forgot that TCM is still commercial-free. Good to hear you could tune in without sitting through minutes of ads.

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Mar 3 2015, 6:00pm

Post #4 of 6 (1935 views)
Shortcut
I'm not sure TCM is normally [In reply to] Can't Post

commercial-free or not, but it is for their 31 Days of Oscars broadcasts. Smile

“Tollers,” Lewis said to Tolkien, “there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves.”

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Mar 3 2015, 6:52pm

Post #5 of 6 (1931 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, TCM is always commercial free. [In reply to] Can't Post

I watch it all the time. Wish i'd seen this post before it aired, i would have DVRed it-- i like the informative bits Ben Mankiewicz does before and after the movies. And it would be nice to have the full, commercial free trilogy in HD on my DVR for background watching when i can't be bothered to lug out the blu-rays. Even though they were likely the theatrical editions, i always watch them when i catch them on TNT or wherever, but the commercials get annoying, so it would have been nice to have been able to switch over to these. Oh, well.

Farficom
Rivendell

Mar 19 2015, 6:14am

Post #6 of 6 (1705 views)
Shortcut
Such a shame that I missed it. [In reply to] Can't Post

I almost exclusively watch the extended editions of all the movies even though I own both versions... and haven't seen them on any other channel, but TNT which has commercials that are difficult to endure. No matter how much I love me some LotR.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.