Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
So close now - U.S. BOFA steelbook update (and RANDOM T&T appreciation)
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Ilmatar
Rohan

Mar 13 2015, 4:09pm

Post #201 of 206 (2724 views)
Shortcut
     typo [In reply to]  

Hmph. I naturally meant to say "touch the hair". For once when I don't use "preview post"... Tongue

(No, no thread lock-down! I think there is still some unfinished posting, appreciating, discussion and academic studies to be had here. The thread has almost 4800 views...! Shocked)

Avandel
Half-elven

Mar 13 2015, 4:22pm

Post #202 of 206 (2719 views)
Shortcut
     *Snigger* [In reply to]  

That last part should be our motto. After all, we are Thorin Thralls, and Thorin Thralls do not flee from knee-buckling, swoon-inducing [insert list of bodily issues caused by experiencing extreme levels of #majesty] images, gifs, and other material containing Thorin. Cool We take our jobs very seriously: from transcribing the wonders of Thorin's midnight locks to speculating on how lighting affects Thorin's eyes to all-around Appreciating.

Yes, RA probably would embarrassed. We are talking about the man who didn't unpack for several weeks because he thought for sure that PJ and Co. would reject him. (And it's a very good thing they didn't!) But I think that he would be flattered too.

LOL - it's GOOD to be kingLaugh. And Richard seems to have a sense of humor about it, re one interview there was a comment about the hair and so on, and Richard says "I'll take it" and there's a smile in his voice. Seems he finds fandom baffling but quote "I try to look after them [the fans]".

So I'd happily send him this whole thread - loaded with poetic descriptions, literary references and so on. Because *Avandel thinks to herself smugly LOLWinkLaughEvil* Thorin Thralls are HIGH-CLASS fangirlsLaugh, which is fairly typical, it would seem, of Richard's fans. INTELLECTUAL, artistic, fangirls (well, mostly, I've tripped over some weird stuff online ShockedShockedShockedUnsure).

Seriously, we in the U.S. are the kind of fans who are dancing with joy at the thought of finally getting to see the Crucible. And while I myself might personally be embarrassed - I think most of us would - if someone said our eyes are like an evening tide - we'd HEAR it tooCool. Besides, Richard maybe have been fortunate enough to grow into a handsome man, but the best part about him I think is his "quietness", humor, intelligence and classiness. I think it's why he has his own fierce army of followers.HeartCoolTongue

Avandel
Half-elven

Mar 13 2015, 4:36pm

Post #203 of 206 (2721 views)
Shortcut
     *SQUEEEEE* What a CORNUCOPIA of goodies! [In reply to]  

OMG - N&S + WETA books + disk release = MAJOR HAPPINESSHeartHeartHeart

You're set for the next few months - tho, honestly, feel free to express your opinions
w. stuff you like/dislike.

But, we, your fellow Thralls, who are also mostly on budgets I guessUnsure, like loyal dwarves would never
encourage you to seek out less than the MOST CHOICE quality of companion materials - things
that even a non-fan could enjoy, and be pleased to have, and read or view again and again.

I never thought I'd be buying, and enjoying, art books, when I can neither draw nor paint.Unsure
But these books (among other things) are just a way to walk Tolkien's paths, I find, through
the vision of PJ and the artists and craftspeople, and it's more than my own imagination ever
saw in my own mind.Heart

Let us know when you get your SWAG!!!!!!TongueTongueTongue

Avandel
Half-elven

Mar 13 2015, 4:43pm

Post #204 of 206 (2707 views)
Shortcut
     Me too [In reply to]  

Love that pic...the blizzard side is the pic that hangs on my bedroom wall, next to Orcrist and the Key.

I call it the "blue image" and IMO it is one of the most beautiful images of a movie character ever taken - a single image capturing all the pain and power of a character. I also have Orcrist hanging next to it - it seems fitting.HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Photographer Nels Israelson did a stunning job with the AUJ series IMO - I wish I had room to hang all of the images he took.

http://www.nelsisraelson.net/portfolio/view_page/4

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 13 2015, 7:53pm

Post #205 of 206 (2700 views)
Shortcut
     Locked - over 200 replies [In reply to]  

Feel free to carry on when this thread is off the first page, but remember our rules on posting images and copyright restrictions. Smile

And remember to keep it family-friendly! Some of the posts here have gone very close to the edge.

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Mar 13 2015, 7:55pm)

Ilmatar
Rohan

Mar 13 2015, 10:50pm

Post #206 of 206 (2661 views)
Shortcut
     :D :D :D [In reply to]  

Yeah - with all that I can't complain! I placed the order for North and South earlier, so it should arrive any day now.

*Squeee* And I'm happy that you are so happy about my future happiness! Laugh

But, we, your fellow Thralls, who are also mostly on budgets I guessUnsure, like loyal dwarves would never encourage you to seek out less than the MOST CHOICE quality of companion materials

I have noticed this to be true - on the forum, and in PMs - and it warms my heart. (I'm also on a budget but have not ordered anything from abroad for ages, so now I feel like I can indulge a bit.) You and many others are so considerate and kind towards fellow fans! And this is only one of the many ways it comes through. TORn has some of the most wonderful people I have had the pleasure to meet, virtually or otherwise. Smile

I never thought I'd be buying, and enjoying, art books, when I can neither draw nor paint.Unsure

It makes perfect sense to me. The ability to make or do something has nothing to do with the ability to enjoy it made by others. Well, that sentence doesn't make much sense Tongue but what I mean is - it's the same for me, with music, for example. I don't have a remarkable singing voice and I can't play any instrument. Yet I'm strongly affected by music, it can give me endless energy or make me feel at one with the universe or move me to tears, depending. And while I have never written prose (or much poetry to speak of), I have laughed, cried and been thrilled when reading stories written by others, as you must already know. Smile I think we all have innate ability to enjoy art in most, or all, its forms regardless of what we can create by ourselves.

I guess this went off-topic again, bit if the thread is going to close soon anyway... It has been So Much Fun. Heart

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.