Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
What movies, tv shows, or other visual media have you watched recently?
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

CuriousG
Half-elven

Mar 3 2015, 1:47pm

Post #51 of 53 (299 views)
Shortcut
"How I Live Now" [In reply to] Can't Post

I watched that on Netflix a few months ago. I put it in the "okay" category. It was hard for me to figure out exactly what was happening in the big political picture--did Britain get invaded, or did it disintegrate into civil war and anarchy? Some of the bad guys seemed to be British, or maybe they just used British actors and didn't bother with foreign accents.

Otherwise, I appreciate that it wasn't overly predictable. In fact, some things I was *sure* were going to happen with some characters didn't, so it was satisfying in being somewhat original. Acting wasn't the best, but not too bad either, and certainly the main girl in it had a believable transformation from spoiled, bratty modern teen to a more mature survivor who learned to have a thought or two about other people.

Patty
Immortal

Mar 6 2015, 2:14am

Post #52 of 53 (267 views)
Shortcut
Did anybody else just buy the new Outlander blu-ray? ( deleted scene spoiler) [In reply to] Can't Post

For deleted scene from episode 7 the wedding

I want to take issue with one of the deleted scenes. As anyone who has read the book will tell you, Jamie is able to read people very well. He knew exactly why Dougal was marrying him to Claire and much as I love Murtagh I don't like that Ron Moore had given that bit of perception to him and not to Jamie himself.

I'm glad we got the version of the wedding in the series as it aired and not the version on the deleted scene. However the deleted scene about the blood vow which mentions the "no lies" conversation between Jamie and Claire on their wedding night should have, in some form, been included in the show that aired.

This Blu-ray is awesome. The picture quality is great, and the way the Blu-ray is set up is very easy to navigate. Each episode gives you the option to select the episode with the recap of the previous episodes or to start right in to the current episode. Also, the deleted scenes are tacked on to the episode that they pertain to, and not lumped into a whole slew of deleted scenes at the end of the disc. The other special features are informative and beautifully filmed too. I got the collectors edition, because it has a space holder for the second half of season one, which starts on April 4 and will be released to disc in the Fall according to a note on this Blu-ray.

Permanent address: Into the West

(This post was edited by Patty on Mar 6 2015, 2:15am)

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Mar 6 2015, 2:46am

Post #53 of 53 (260 views)
Shortcut
Amish Mafia [In reply to] Can't Post

I only lasted 10 minutes into the show, but the first 5 were absolutely hilarious. Tongue

“Tollers,” Lewis said to Tolkien, “there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves.”

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.