Peter Jackson's message to The One Last Party
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Mar 1 2015, 12:49am

Post #26 of 30 (674 views)
Shortcut
I hope it's not due to critical response... [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think this is the case, he seemed to shrug off 'no nominations' in a genuinely jokey way. But just as pure speculation, it would be terrible if he feels burned out due to the critical reception of the movies. I don't know how important these things are to PJ. But with all the hard work put into this franchise I wonder if the lack of recognition has had an effect on him or caused him stress?

I personally think it's unrelated to the movies. He does seem off colour to me, but I think that's his business not ours. I also don't think it's anything serious. He's said in interviews that he's found his rhythm and does't want to slow down (meaning he wants to get to work on new projects as soon as possible) so I don't think it can be that bad.

I think I know what the problem could be but I don't think it's our place to discuss it. Although it's of course fine to share concern. But I don't think we need to worry, we get notified about his stomach ulsers, I'm sure we'd be notified if anything worse happened. Smile

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Mar 1 2015, 12:52am)

Lindele
Gondor

Mar 1 2015, 4:35am

Post #27 of 30 (634 views)
Shortcut
I don't care [In reply to] Can't Post

what his or your age is but anyone who knows anything about anything about making films knows how incredibly stressful they are...much less making three at once. I'm 30 and its turning me grey.
It is obvious that this experience has aged him a bit more than he would have otherwise...but like everyone else I hope he can take it easy for awhile.

Altaira
Superuser

Mar 1 2015, 6:17pm

Post #28 of 30 (631 views)
Shortcut
Of course! [In reply to] Can't Post

Good points, Voronwe.

of course there is nothing stopping the Zaentz company from giving an extension, or entering into a new license agreement with WB, or with another studio altogether, if the deadline expires. Or producing its own films.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall of the office of who's currently running Saul Zaentz's company. Thanks for the additional info. (and hi back Smile)

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Mar 1 2015, 6:31pm

Post #29 of 30 (618 views)
Shortcut
Saul Zaentz's death definitely changes things [In reply to] Can't Post

Whatever else can be said about the man, he was very particular about adaptations, which is why after Bakshi's effort, the rights languished for so long, until Jackson convinced him he could do the job. Now that he is gone, it is certainly possible that the decision-making will be much more money-oriented (not that he didn't love money!). Although he long suffered from Alzheimer's, so it I doubt he was fully in charge for some time before his death last January.
I suspect that something will happen before too long, though I am more than a little skeptical about whether it will be worthwhile. Time will tell!

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

The Hall of Fire

Kirly
Lorien

Mar 2 2015, 9:41am

Post #30 of 30 (567 views)
Shortcut
Alzheimer's [In reply to] Can't Post

If he had it, then the decisions were almost certainly being made by someone else since his diagnosis. Wonder who that was. This Conservator may not be the same person as the Executor or now, whoever inherited.

My avatar photo is Lake Tekapo in New Zealand's South Island. Taken by me in 2004 on a Red Carpet Tours LOTR Movie Location Tour. 'Twas the Vacation of a Lifetime!

pictures taken while on the tour are here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/Kirly7/LOTRNewZealandTour#

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.