The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Exciting news for Aidan Turner fans

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Feb 26 2015, 10:53pm

Post #1 of 7 (447 views)
Shortcut
Exciting news for Aidan Turner fans Can't Post

AidanTurnerPoldarkRinger kiwifan has told us that Aidan Turner's new mini-series "Poldark" will be heading to the small screen very soon.   Aidan's co-stars include Eleanor Tomlinson (Death Comes to Pemberley), Heida Reed (Silent Witness), Ruby Bentall (The Paradise), Jack Farthing (Blandings), Kyle Solder (Anna Karenina), the late Warren Clarke (Red Riding), Phil Davies (Whitechapel), Beatie Edney (Poirot) and Robin Ellis, who played the title role in the original 1975-77 BBC adaptation of Winston Graham's acclaimed novels.

Poldark starts on BBC One in the UK on Sunday 8 March at 9 pm and in the US on PBS Masterpiece on 14 June. It will also be on ABC in Australia.

Aidan says of the extensive riding required, "Luckily I did a lot of riding in New Zealand when we were there filming The Hobbit. I trained a lot and thought I'd leave a pretty good rider - thank God I did as there was a lot of riding in Poldark. It's very much a part of who Ross is, so it's immediately getting you into character." [Read More]

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Feb 27 2015, 4:33am

Post #2 of 7 (434 views)
Shortcut
This is being filmed a few miles from me... [In reply to] Can't Post

I keep narrowly missing chances of meeting Kili! And my friends actually got to work on set *jealous*. I keep getting notified whenever anyone I know sees him around, coz they like to rub it in my face Frown Hopefully only a matter of time until I get my pic with him.

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Feb 27 2015, 8:53am

Post #3 of 7 (416 views)
Shortcut
I'm looking forward to this - [In reply to] Can't Post

I have the books, remember the original adaptation fondly, and the Cornish scenery is going to be shown off well - as is Mr Turner, judging by the trailer! Heh heh... It will be interesting to see how they have tweaked things to appeal to today's audiences; looks lke it's going to be ideal Sunday evening viewing, and a tourism boost to Cornwall.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Feb 27 2015, 8:41pm

Post #4 of 7 (387 views)
Shortcut
Can hardly wait! [In reply to] Can't Post

SOOOOO looking forward to this!

Why yes, I DO look like Anna Friel!

Arandiel
Grey Havens

Feb 28 2015, 11:53pm

Post #5 of 7 (361 views)
Shortcut
Wait - he's playing an actual human? [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow!

Walk to Rivendell: Walk with the Fellowship Challenge - grab a buddy and let the magic live on, one step at a time.

Join us, Thursdays on Main!

Kirly
Lorien

Mar 1 2015, 3:33pm

Post #6 of 7 (345 views)
Shortcut
This looks very interesting! [In reply to] Can't Post

I recently watch Sons of Liberty which rekindled an interest in my own American history. How very interesting to me to see the history of one of those on the "other side" and how events shaped their lives after their experience in the American colonies.

It looks like he'll be very good in thus role. Even looking the part as, IMO, he is classically handsome.

Plus, I just enjoy Aidan Turner. After TH AUJ, I found all the seasons he was on the original UK series Being Human. I don't like the genre but he was very convincing in his role.

My avatar photo is Lake Tekapo in New Zealand's South Island. Taken by me in 2004 on a Red Carpet Tours LOTR Movie Location Tour. 'Twas the Vacation of a Lifetime!

pictures taken while on the tour are here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/Kirly7/LOTRNewZealandTour#

marillaraina
Rohan

Mar 9 2015, 1:53am

Post #7 of 7 (302 views)
Shortcut
Watched the premier tonight [In reply to] Can't Post

Managed to find a streaming link to BBC One and watched the first episode of Poldark. It was really great. All around great cast, amazing cinematography, a story that keeps your interest. I think a lot of people will be surprised by Aidan Turner in it.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.