Bom hopes This isn't old News,
but only on Feb. 5th
Adam
Announced it on his
FB page.
Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

(This post was edited by Bombadil on Feb 26 2015, 12:03pm)

Magpie
Immortal

Feb 26 2015, 1:40pm

Post #2 of 21 (1687 views)
Shortcut
is Orlando confirmed? [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't know he was even considering coming back (which apparently he was) but I can't find anything that indicates he signed on.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Brethil
Half-elven

Feb 26 2015, 3:42pm

Post #3 of 21 (1698 views)
Shortcut
I had seen some screenplay things leaked [In reply to] Can't Post

last year, and there were more bits of Will and Elizabeth's story; past the addition of the post-credit scene at the end of World's End where Will returns after the first ten year span. So they may return to that storyline is what I had read. As well as touching on points about what actually happened to the treasure of the Isle de Muerta.

I am most curious to confirm that Geoffrey Rush is on board. Barbossa is supposed to have a lot to do with Jack in this quest, and I dearly hope so as I just love Barbossa.

Happy news to hear filming! Cool

(This post was edited by Brethil on Feb 26 2015, 3:43pm)

Brethil
Half-elven

Feb 26 2015, 3:47pm

Post #4 of 21 (1719 views)
Shortcut
Cool Bom, thanks! Hoping he IS on board! (pun intended) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Bombadil
Half-elven

Feb 26 2015, 5:24pm

Post #5 of 21 (1731 views)
Shortcut
YES! He & Geoffrey Rush are back & Adam plays [In reply to] Can't Post

a Character named "JIB"..
looks like Adam will NOT
be a Minor role...

www.charlie-art.biz

Brethil
Half-elven

Feb 26 2015, 5:30pm

Post #6 of 21 (1696 views)
Shortcut
Indeedy! I looked on IMDB, and around the web [In reply to] Can't Post

and they are all three listed. Sweet. Glad to have Adam on board! Good for him! And as he is such an early casting, I too would assume its a decent sized role.

I'm really looking forward to this. Cool There is so much story gold than can be mined in that filmverse.

(This post was edited by Brethil on Feb 26 2015, 5:30pm)

Bombadil
Half-elven

Feb 26 2015, 5:39pm

Post #7 of 21 (1701 views)
Shortcut
CK out "Adam Brown" on FaceBook..// [In reply to] Can't Post

www.charlie-art.biz

Bombadil
Half-elven

Feb 26 2015, 5:42pm

Post #8 of 21 (1659 views)
Shortcut
HOPEFULLY he WON'T be covered up [In reply to] Can't Post

With Heavy Prothetics, BUT they could...Play UP

His "Skeleton Build"..

AND that? NOSE....*snicker*..*snicker*
Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz

Brethil
Half-elven

Feb 26 2015, 6:30pm

Post #9 of 21 (1665 views)
Shortcut
I'm not on FB so I can't look. [In reply to] Can't Post

You'll have to update me as more gets posted, Bom. I will be looking out for more as well, now that's things are truly rolling ahead.

Bombadil
Half-elven

Feb 26 2015, 9:27pm

Post #10 of 21 (1671 views)
Shortcut
FB became the largest Search Engine in the World [In reply to] Can't Post

around Last March 2014,
surpassing Google, Yaho, & the rest

www.charlie-art.biz

Brethil
Half-elven

Feb 26 2015, 9:49pm

Post #11 of 21 (1693 views)
Shortcut
Did some Googling [In reply to] Can't Post

and found some FB pages that way. Cool stuff.

I note the young lady cast - Kaya Scodelario - is actually going to be replacing Keira Knightly. My first thought when I Googled her pic was wow, she looks like Elizabeth Swann. I was waiting to hear Knightly was returning, and thus continuing the storyline, but they sort of tricked me there. I'll take it...just hope it doesn't change the feel of the film. Its hard sometimes with a recast.

Magpie
Immortal

Feb 26 2015, 9:57pm

Post #12 of 21 (1645 views)
Shortcut
I really liked (loved) the first three [In reply to] Can't Post

I can still remember when MrCere said you'd have to be crazy to like the third one and I said I liked it so much I wasn't going to mind that he'd just called me crazy. :-)

But I thought the fourth one was just a dud that JD walked through and, to my mind, suffered greatly from the loss of Elizabeth and Will.

If this is just going to be a few scenes tossed in to attract fans of Orlando or Elizabeth+Will... I'm not sure it's going to improve things.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Brethil
Half-elven

Feb 26 2015, 10:30pm

Post #13 of 21 (1647 views)
Shortcut
Comparing POTC in our household [In reply to] Can't Post

is a warm sort of contest! I just love World's End (3), in every way. I can watch it over and over, and it really resonates with me. Hubby loves On Stranger Tides (4) better than all, saying its a true 'pirate' film. Son loves Curse of the Black Pearl (1) the best, in his mind the most classic 'piratety' one. (No one hates Dead Man's chest, it just not anyone's Number 1. I love its soundtrack, BTW.)

From what I read as leaked script info, the script concerning Will and Elizabeth deals with freeing him from the Dutchman job while she still lives. I have mixed feelings about it, as I can envision (and did, in my head-canon thinking we would see no more of them) a very poetic death for Elizabeth: an aged Elizabeth is carried to the shore by her son, and swum out to sea by Calypso, so by dying 'at sea' she reunites with Will, and with the magic of the Dutchman likely as a young bride again.

So we shall see how it plays out, in their version.

FYI, we had an interesting discussion on favorite POTC ships, in our house:
* I love the Dutchman best.
* Hubby loves the Queen Anne's Revenge.
* Son likes ... Jack's dinghy. At the end of World's End. Because he says its like a new beginning, full of promise. (I would never have seen it that way.)

Loresilme
Valinor

Feb 26 2015, 10:46pm

Post #14 of 21 (1672 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the news, Bomby :) [In reply to] Can't Post

I hadn't heard! I'm so glad Orlando will be back for it! And I hope his character is a significant part of the story, not just a cameo.

Loresilme
Valinor

Feb 26 2015, 11:02pm

Post #15 of 21 (1634 views)
Shortcut
I love the POTCs too! [In reply to] Can't Post

The first three, loved them. Fourth one, unfortunately, fell flat for me. But the first three, ooh major faves.

Too bad KK will not be returning as Elizabeth. The new young female lead has her work cut out for her, filling those shoes as Elizabeth. To me KK was the perfect combination of beautiful/stubborn/willful... pirate-at-heart :).

I remember how people debated the plot twist of Elizabeth betraying Jack and some people said it was so out of character for her. I didn't think so. I thought it was great, very true to her character, who she really was, which she didn't even realize until then. And that moment when Jack seems as if he's going to call her [that other word], and instead he calls her " .....pirate". Ah AngelicEvilHeart.

In Reply To
From what I read as leaked script info, the script concerning Will and Elizabeth deals with freeing him from the Dutchman job while she still lives. I have mixed feelings about it, as I can envision (and did, in my head-canon thinking we would see no more of them) a very poetic death for Elizabeth: an aged Elizabeth is carried to the shore by her son, and swum out to sea by Calypso, so by dying 'at sea' she reunites with Will, and with the magic of the Dutchman likely as a young bride again.

I like that idea, in light of the fact that we are of course talking about someone who's been sailing the high seas as a walking talking person, minus one very important body part Cool, as if that could possibly happen, lol, so I guess he could never have settled down with her and son to a normal life onshore. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with.

In Reply To
I love its soundtrack, BTW

Ditto! I have "The Medallion Calls" as my ring tone Cool.

Loresilme
Valinor

Feb 26 2015, 11:05pm

Post #16 of 21 (1679 views)
Shortcut
Ditto! [In reply to] Can't Post

I really hope Orlando's character is a major part of the film, not just a cameo. I love Captain Jack but the Elizabeth+Will storyline was just as important, and the fourth film wasn't the same without them.

Hmm, I feel a POTC trilogy viewing urge coming on ..... SmileLaugh.

Brethil
Half-elven

Feb 26 2015, 11:16pm

Post #17 of 21 (1665 views)
Shortcut
Second all this! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I really hope Orlando's character is a major part of the film, not just a cameo. I love Captain Jack but the Elizabeth+Will storyline was just as important, and the fourth film wasn't the same without them.

Hmm, I feel a POTC trilogy viewing urge coming on ..... SmileLaugh.

Brethil
Half-elven

Feb 26 2015, 11:19pm

Post #18 of 21 (1630 views)
Shortcut
In truth, I always felt that their story had to be like it was [In reply to] Can't Post

as they were just not the type of people to have a settled-down, curtains-and-picket-fence type of life. They both live too dangerously, made too many fell choices. I don't know the mechanics of how they would get Will from the Dutchman...could be interesting. Or it could fail, as well, which may be even more interesting.

Kirly
Lorien

Feb 28 2015, 3:53pm

Post #19 of 21 (1557 views)
Shortcut
This is great news! [In reply to] Can't Post

I loved (!!!) POTC1. Even though my friends and I were well on our way to middle age, we watched that movie so much that we were quoting whole scenes from memory for over a year. Love OB as Will Turner (& Legolas).

I like KK in the first POTC1 a lot. Thought she played that perfectly. Not as much in POTC2 and much less in POTC3. Maybe it was actually the character I was liking less.

My avatar photo is Lake Tekapo in New Zealand's South Island. Taken by me in 2004 on a Red Carpet Tours LOTR Movie Location Tour. 'Twas the Vacation of a Lifetime!

pictures taken while on the tour are here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/Kirly7/LOTRNewZealandTour#

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 3 2015, 12:56am

Post #20 of 21 (1532 views)
Shortcut
Fabulous news! [In reply to] Can't Post

The only PotC I don't enjoy is sans Orli... so this is wonderful! THANKS!!

Hobbit: BotFA Geeky Observation List draft #5 1/30/15

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

VeArkenstone
Lorien

Mar 11 2015, 6:50pm

Post #21 of 21 (1383 views)
Shortcut
I have not seen any of the POTC movies, altho I am a big fan of J.Depp and [In reply to] Can't Post

Orlando Bloom, and, most recently, Adam Brown. This one I will have to check out. Yes, it will be interesting to see Adam Brown without the prostetics.
Heard this morning that Johnny Depp broke his hand on set and had to leave Australia for treatment, but it should not interfere with production in any way.

Please, call me Ve.

(This post was edited by VeArkenstone on Mar 11 2015, 6:53pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.