The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
BOFA EE moment ...?

Miss-Merriweather
Bree

Feb 25 2015, 6:46pm

Post #1 of 9 (1357 views)
Shortcut
BOFA EE moment ...? Can't Post

Yesterday (Feb 24th) TheHobbit@TheHobbitMovie tweeted a picture / a scene I don't remember Blush from the TE.
It's Bilbo and Balin, and subtitled "A sickness lies within this place. A sickness that will destroy him."
They both seem to be looking at not-being-in-the-picture Thorin.
Could this be something for/from the EE version?

Glorfindela
Valinor

Feb 25 2015, 6:56pm

Post #2 of 9 (998 views)
Shortcut
Sounds promising – hope so [In reply to] Can't Post

One can never have too much of Thorin. Wink

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Feb 25 2015, 6:58pm

Post #3 of 9 (1030 views)
Shortcut
production photo [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it's just a production photo and not necessarily from a specific scene. But it definitely could be. More Bilbo (and Balin) is always a good thing.

ecthelionsbeard
Lorien

Feb 25 2015, 7:15pm

Post #4 of 9 (979 views)
Shortcut
More Bilbo and Balin... [In reply to] Can't Post

Are definitely always a good thing, couldn't agree more. Next, to gray beard/pointy hat himself, they are my two favorites.

On the EE, yes, this feels more like a production photo than an EE still.

Kim
Valinor

Feb 25 2015, 7:45pm

Post #5 of 9 (943 views)
Shortcut
I was wondering about this too [In reply to] Can't Post

The picture does kind of look like it could be an EE scene. The setting appears to be the same area as the acorn scene, just after Dwalin tells Thorin the Laketowners are streaming into Dale. This could be Bilbo and Balin looking after Thorin as he marches off and perhaps Balin speaking those words, echoing what Smaug said in DOS.

#OneLastTime

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Feb 26 2015, 1:11am

Post #6 of 9 (809 views)
Shortcut
Trying to upload the picture [In reply to] Can't Post

FINALLY!!! Well the look on Bilbo/Martin's face makes me think this is a shot from some scene, maybe the acorn scene from a different angle?

Why yes, I DO look like Anna Friel!

Faleel
Rohan

Feb 26 2015, 3:10am

Post #7 of 9 (777 views)
Shortcut
It's [In reply to] Can't Post

It's probably before the Laketown 4 arrive, and that is why Bilbo tells them about a sickness lying over the place

(This post was edited by Faleel on Feb 26 2015, 3:11am)

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Feb 26 2015, 1:19pm

Post #8 of 9 (680 views)
Shortcut
When we should starte hearing about possible EE scenes? [In reply to] Can't Post

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true

Survivor to the battle for the fifth trailer

Hobbit Cinema Marathon Hero

marary
Lorien

Feb 26 2015, 3:55pm

Post #9 of 9 (656 views)
Shortcut
What about "everything I did, I did for them"? [In reply to] Can't Post

I loved that line in the trailer. Pretty sure it's in the EE, it will take place after Smaug and before the Lake-town party arrives.

I really hope there's more good dwarf moments. More Bilbo and Balin would be great.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.