Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Official Introduction & Welcome Thread
First page Previous page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next page Last page  View All

BlackFox
Half-elven

Feb 6 2015, 10:34am

Post #526 of 666 (100387 views)
Shortcut
Aww, thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

And yup, I'm watching you. Evil

LaughTongue

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Feb 6 2015, 3:13pm

Post #527 of 666 (100493 views)
Shortcut
I'd love to... [In reply to] Can't Post

But I need a more lucrative occupation to pay for school. I don't know what your country's rate of compensation is for librarians, but in mine, it is very minimal in pay or an absolutely volunteer position. As a young adult, I really did try to get a situation in the local library, but as I did not attend the local school, I was not in the pool of acceptable candidates. I have, however, managed to advise the staff to acquire several of the recently released Tolkien related books, and so have done what I could to spread the cause of Tolkienlightenment in the world!

Yes Bofur is awesome! Smile Glad to have you!

Call me Rem, and remember, not all who ramble are lost...Uh...where was I?

cats16
Half-elven

Feb 6 2015, 4:55pm

Post #528 of 666 (101087 views)
Shortcut
One cat. [In reply to] Can't Post

He's feisty some of the time--very Jekyll and Hyde--but is usually quite a lazy fellow.

I've never purchased any of the merchandise, myself. Although getting the chance to hold a replica of Orcrist was pretty enticing. Cool

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Kim
Valinor

Feb 6 2015, 6:23pm

Post #529 of 666 (101393 views)
Shortcut
Just had to jump in to say [In reply to] Can't Post

I too am currently wearing fluffy purple socks, so looks like all of your bases are covered now! Welcome! Smile

#OneLastTime

Kim
Valinor

Feb 6 2015, 6:24pm

Post #530 of 666 (101027 views)
Shortcut
Wow BF [In reply to] Can't Post

You're very scary close up!

#OneLastTime

BlackFox
Half-elven

Feb 6 2015, 6:26pm

Post #531 of 666 (101503 views)
Shortcut
Muhahaha! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Niniachel
The Shire

Feb 6 2015, 8:39pm

Post #532 of 666 (102382 views)
Shortcut
ermagerd! [In reply to] Can't Post

Purple socks are the best ^^ I am all for fancy sockwear!

Meneldor
Valinor

Feb 7 2015, 12:02am

Post #533 of 666 (101516 views)
Shortcut
Bienvenue, Niniachel. [In reply to] Can't Post

My socks are fluffy, but they're grey. Sorry about that.

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

banaili
Bree

Feb 23 2015, 1:51pm

Post #534 of 666 (101184 views)
Shortcut
Greetings to you all! [In reply to] Can't Post

Greetings!

My name is Alex! Smile I am a 24 year old, long-term Tolkien fan who has only JUST thought to join "The One Ring Net" message board! To be honest, I have followed TORN for years, and yet it never occurred to me to join the message board and chat with other fans--I feel a bit stupid in that regard, though I'm glad I've at last come to my senses! Tongue

I actually live in Tokyo, Japan, and have been here for five years. It is a beautiful, unique culture, and I recommend the tourist experience to all who love adventuring! Smile

About my hobbies...I enjoy a great many things, including reading, writing, traveling, learning languages, playing flute and piccolo, acting, directing, and more! I hope to make some friends here at TORN!

Best wishes to you all, and nice meeting you! (^_^)/

BlackFox
Half-elven

Feb 23 2015, 2:02pm

Post #535 of 666 (100925 views)
Shortcut
Welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm glad you took the leap and joined this wonderful community. You won't regret it, I promise. Smile

(This post was edited by BlackFox on Feb 23 2015, 2:02pm)

banaili
Bree

Feb 23 2015, 2:10pm

Post #536 of 666 (101563 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks! ^_^

I honestly have no idea why it took me so long, haha! Tongue Somehow, I suppose it never even crossed my mind that such a great community could exist! But now I know what I've been missing from my life for too long a time, haha! Fellow Tolkien fans to share in the love with! Heart

Thanks a bunch, again, for your kind welcome! I hope to be seeing you around the boards sometime! Smile

BlackFox
Half-elven

Feb 23 2015, 2:16pm

Post #537 of 666 (100881 views)
Shortcut
And I you [In reply to] Can't Post

But be warned: this place is addictive! Tongue

banaili
Bree

Feb 23 2015, 2:18pm

Post #538 of 666 (99509 views)
Shortcut
Indeed! [In reply to] Can't Post

I can imagine!! I already checked out some of the boards with every intention of replying, and I was overwhelmed by the sheer awesomeness of everything I saw! I might be here all night! XD

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Feb 23 2015, 5:19pm

Post #539 of 666 (107640 views)
Shortcut
I haff many flufffffy sox [In reply to] Can't Post

in various bright stripey looks...

and of course, you must wear non-matching ones...

Na 'Aear, na 'Aear! Mýl 'lain nallol, I sûl ribiel a i falf 'loss reviol...
To the sea, to the sea, the white gulls are crying, the wind is blowing and the white foam is flying...

Fimbulfambi
The Shire

Mar 17 2015, 9:20pm

Post #540 of 666 (101157 views)
Shortcut
Late to the party [In reply to] Can't Post

I wrote on twitter that I was finally joining here and I immeadeatly got response from this community, so I feel very welcome even before making my first post on the forum (this post that is).

@TheMissGreen wrote this lovely reply on twitter: "Its never too late to get to the party. This one lasts a lifetime."

Such a good statement. The love and fandom of Tolkien's work never dies. :) So, I'm here to join even though I've been on this site occationally and I have known about it for more than 8 years.

If anyone went there, I was quite active at the forum of thehobbitblog when that one was running in their early weeks. I loved that vibe. Long before that I runned the biggest LotR club on the only big swedish anime/manga community. Both those experiences was very fulfilling and I hope that I will get the same, or a much better experience by being here and getting in touch with a lot of Tolkien- and Middle Earth fans!

To tell about myself very shortly, I'm currently a 23 yo student of Archaeology. I'm doing my masters and only have my thesis left to do. I'm on a study break this year. I am VERY interested in filmmaking (thanks to the LotR films and extras). I've studied both film history and filmmaking for one semester each - and I can't get enough. I really want to get into filmmaking as much as I want to work with archaeology.

My main way of expressing my passion of litterature or film is usually by creating drawings or paintings of characters and events. I like to be analytical of films, I can seem to be critical and negative, but actually I have it very easy to like films more than not. I just like to know and understand why I like something or why elements come across differently to different people. Those are the reasons why I pick apart films - definetly not because I am negative and lack emotion about the subject. :)

I choose my username "Fimbulfambi" from The History of the Hobbit, where I learnt that this was an early name for Thorin's grandfather (if I am not mistaken). It is of course of a old norse/ icelandic origin.

(This post was edited by Fimbulfambi on Mar 17 2015, 9:24pm)

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 17 2015, 9:24pm

Post #541 of 666 (100099 views)
Shortcut
Welcome! It's never too late [In reply to] Can't Post

to join the party. Have a look around and make yourself at home. Smile

BlackFox
Half-elven

Mar 17 2015, 9:30pm

Post #542 of 666 (99235 views)
Shortcut
Mae govannen! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm always glad to welcome fellow students to the boards. Here's to seeing you around! Smile

Fimbulfambi
The Shire

Mar 17 2015, 11:15pm

Post #543 of 666 (99677 views)
Shortcut
Cheers! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you! Cheers :)

Samwise'sPackPony

Apr 9 2015, 1:20am

Post #544 of 666 (100539 views)
Shortcut
Hello friends! [In reply to] Can't Post

My name is Bill. Bill the Pony.( But in real life, I am actually just a dorky young girl!) I am a newbie. In fact, this is my first post. I adore writing and drawing. Not much else about me that I want to share.

I apologize for any typos. It is hard to type with hooves.

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 9 2015, 1:30am

Post #545 of 666 (99896 views)
Shortcut
Some of our nicest members have hooves, or paws. Welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Enjoy TORn!

BlackFox
Half-elven

Apr 9 2015, 8:46am

Post #546 of 666 (99350 views)
Shortcut
Mae govannen! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Wasserwaldnymphe
The Shire

Apr 16 2015, 10:20pm

Post #547 of 666 (101466 views)
Shortcut
finally there [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello! I'm 27, from Europe.

I started reading HoME one or two yeas ago - in no chronological order... first I read 1+2 which encouraged me to give the Sil a second chance (it was good idea). I'm currently reading #10 and #3 and the LOTR, that's why I used to linger here a lot unseen in the reading rooms and decided that I might join your company.

So, hello!

What can men do against such reckless hate?

(This post was edited by Wasserwaldnymphe on Apr 16 2015, 10:21pm)

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 16 2015, 11:42pm

Post #548 of 666 (99988 views)
Shortcut
Hello! Stay a while! [In reply to] Can't Post

We are discussing LOTR in the Reading Room right now; but in the last two years we have covered Sil, UT and CoH.

Enjoy TORn!

BlackFox
Half-elven

Apr 17 2015, 8:49am

Post #549 of 666 (97791 views)
Shortcut
Welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad you decided to de-lurk. Smile

Súleth
The Shire

Apr 20 2015, 3:28pm

Post #550 of 666 (100497 views)
Shortcut
Hi everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

After having lingered in the shadows for a while, I quite recently decided to finally step into the light and join in on the fun. So, I'm very new to the message boards and I'm still learning how everything works around here. Wink

My name is Lisa and I'm from Germany. When I'm not obsessing over everything Middle-earth I like dancing, movies, photography, reading and a lot of other stuff. Sometimes I have to study, too. It's my ultimate year of Law School now, so I'm actually really busy. Or at least I should be ...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting fellow Tolkien fans and having fun around here. Sly

That's me:

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

First page Previous page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.