TheOneLast Party

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 22 2015, 10:59pm

Post #1 of 7 (2909 views)
Shortcut
TheOneLast Party Can't Post

Wow, wasn't that amazing!!

I had such a great time. My first Oscar Party, my first visit to Los Angeles.
Everything was just so wonderful. All the decorations, the people, cosplay and formal, all looked amazing. The food was great, the entertainment fantastic. Both Emerald Rose and The California Dreamers had the hall dancing around.

And I heard there were 100,000 views on the YouTube channel, so I guess a lot of folks joined in to see it.

A party to remember!

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 22 2015, 11:09pm

Post #2 of 7 (2857 views)
Shortcut
I realised only this morning [In reply to] Can't Post

that the party was held the night before the Oscars. Have all three TORN parties for The Hobbit films been on the night before? (The parties during the LOTR era were the night of the Oscars with a big-screen showing the telecast.)

I'm so glad you had a great time. :) I've been to one, the Return of the One Party in 2004, and my overwhelming memory was the sheer *joy* from everyone there.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Kim
Valinor

Feb 23 2015, 4:41am

Post #3 of 7 (2826 views)
Shortcut
Sure looked like a lot of fun on the live feed! [In reply to] Can't Post

It was really fun to see all the cosplayers, and interviews with various attendees and special guests. Royd Tolkien was hilarious. I hadn't heard of the Hillywood sisters, their parody was great.

#OneLastTime

cats16
Half-elven

Feb 23 2015, 5:13am

Post #4 of 7 (2835 views)
Shortcut
Oh, gosh! [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought it was tonight! I just spent a few minutes watching the livestream, and wondered why it was being presented as an archived video. Now I know why! Cool

I hope everyone had a great time--it sure appeared to be the case. Smile

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Adrianna
Lorien

Feb 23 2015, 10:51am

Post #5 of 7 (2884 views)
Shortcut
A great time! [In reply to] Can't Post

Just show the YouTube video of the party. Glad to see everybody had a great time. The music was awesome and the interviews were great.. Now I wish I would have went. Maybe next time.

"I did free him. I freed his wretched head from his miserable shoulders."

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 26 2015, 9:08pm

Post #6 of 7 (2751 views)
Shortcut
Saturday [In reply to] Can't Post

What I understood this was the first one to be on Saturday. The others have been on Sunday.
I have no idea why that was changed.

But for me that was just fine. Because we watched the Oscars in the hotelbar with a few TORn friends. My second live viewing (the other one was ROTK, so when you were having that blast). The time difference with Holland is 9 hours earlier. Which brings the broadcast to 2 AM on Monday morning, not the best time if you have to go to work. So I enjoyed the viewing with friends also very much.

Altaira
Superuser

Feb 27 2015, 9:38pm

Post #7 of 7 (2727 views)
Shortcut
We changed it for two reasons [In reply to] Can't Post

1) BOFA didn't get many nominations, so we thought it would have been a bit anticlimactic to watch four hours of Oscars for four minutes of sound/sfx nominations.

2) For the parties held on Oscar night, 99% of the celebs didn't get there until after the show and, for the AUJ party, had other parties to go to. We wanted to give it on a night that didn't conflict with other parties, plus give our VIP guests a chance to enjoy the entire evening with us.

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.