Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Hobbit Steelbook Trilogy with Bilbo's Journal in Germany!

TheHutt
Gondor

Feb 21 2015, 10:04am

Post #1 of 9 (1005 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit Steelbook Trilogy with Bilbo's Journal in Germany! Can't Post

After UK, the Germans also listed a Hobbit trilogy with Bilbo's Journal. It also contains a steelbook edition of each film and a superior cover (the one we have seen on the Russian 3D release) with Smaug and the Lonely Mountain. The prices are not listed yet. Really nice! Might pick up the 2D version, as I already have the 3D steelbooks from MM separately.

Needless to say, apart from the German inscriptions on the packaging, the film and extras are region-free and contain English audio and subtitles.

3D+2D version:

2D only version:

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Booklet - Custom Booklet Project

Glorfindela
Valinor

Feb 21 2015, 11:24am

Post #2 of 9 (591 views)
Shortcut
That's nice [In reply to] Can't Post

I already have the steelbooks for the first two films, but I might try to obtain the box set at some time in the (quite distant) future. I especially like the cover of the box.

Many thanks for the info.

AshNazg
Gondor

Feb 21 2015, 11:50am

Post #3 of 9 (592 views)
Shortcut
This box set's pretty cool [In reply to] Can't Post

I think the other steelbooks are different?

AUJ steelbook is only available in 2D seperately. And the DoS steelbook is only in 3D. So it's cool to have a steelbook collection that actually matches, because as far as I'm aware the current ones don't?

TheHutt
Gondor

Feb 21 2015, 12:25pm

Post #4 of 9 (579 views)
Shortcut
Nope... [In reply to] Can't Post

Both 2D and 3D steelbooks were available of AUJ and DOS in Germany. 2D was amazon-exclusive, and 3D (with magnetic lenticular card) was MediaMarkt-exclusive.

Arannir
Valinor

Feb 21 2015, 12:48pm

Post #5 of 9 (579 views)
Shortcut
I hope... [In reply to] Can't Post

... the EE complete set will get a similar design... the dragon and mountain are the perfect design.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Feb 21 2015, 2:12pm

Post #6 of 9 (545 views)
Shortcut
For the UK – yes, you are right [In reply to] Can't Post

I've just checked and the single Blu-ray AUJ is 2D only, while the one for DoS is in 3D and 2D. I don't have any use for 3D, so 2D is fine for me – and as long as the illustrations on the fronts of the steelbooks are the same in the box set-DVDs and the single DVDs, I'll stick with those for the moment (along with a 'single' steelbook for BoFA when it comes out).

Nice case, though.

In Reply To
I think the other steelbooks are different?

AUJ steelbook is only available in 2D seperately. And the DoS steelbook is only in 3D. So it's cool to have a steelbook collection that actually matches, because as far as I'm aware the current ones don't?

AshNazg
Gondor

Feb 21 2015, 2:19pm

Post #7 of 9 (544 views)
Shortcut
Ah, lucky Germany then... [In reply to] Can't Post

I own the 3D lenticular Blu-ray of AUJ, with Bilbo and Gollum, because a 3D steelbook wasn't available here. And I own the 3D steelbook of Desolation of Smaug. So it annoys me a little that they don't match. I might go for a boxed set, not sure yet. Smile

(This post was edited by AshNazg on Feb 21 2015, 2:20pm)

Bombadil
Half-elven

Feb 22 2015, 5:08pm

Post #8 of 9 (444 views)
Shortcut
About "The Hobbit's Journal"? apparently this one is Blank? [In reply to] Can't Post

Back in 1979, "A Hobbit's Journal" was published by Running Press in Philadelphia...All original Artwork by a Micheal Green. THAT is a TOTAL Gift!
Illustrations in the Corners are Quite Large,&
Everyone! gets his or her page...Including...GET this?

Ghan-buri-Ghan.
Ioreth (the Nurse in Gondor)
Elrohir, son of Elrond?
Rosie Cotton..!!!!!!

"Printed on deluxe recycled parchment paper, this journal celebrating J. R. R. Tolkien's classic tales makes a lovely gift, and is just as nice to keep! With magical two-color illustrations throughout (drawings made by Frodo Baggins's devoted companion, Sam Gamgee, on their travels throughout Middle-earth), it provides ample space for recording personal thoughts, reflections on Tolkien's masterpiece, or fantasies of your own creation. Also available in hardcover."

Bom CHECKED it jus' Now
& you can get it NEW..for
$19.95 from Amazon...

This ARTIST is Amazing....NOT only His illustrations
BUT His Calligraphy is a Total Delight...

{could be a source, or inspiration for your OWN..Fan ART!}

Does ANYONE ELSE, here? have it...Bomby HIGHLY recommends,
IT

CK it OUT...If you order it,
YOU will Thank
bomby BERRY BUCH!
Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

(This post was edited by Bombadil on Feb 22 2015, 5:09pm)

TheHutt
Gondor

Feb 23 2015, 10:05am

Post #9 of 9 (407 views)
Shortcut
Preorder and prices are there! [In reply to] Can't Post

And they are not too high, as it looks.

2D version (3 Steelbooks, Slipcase, Bilbo's Journal, 6 discs): 49.99 EUR

3D+2D version (3 Steelbooks, Slipcase, Bilbo's Journal, 12 discs): 74.99 EUR

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.