Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Hobbit Trilogy with Bilbo's Journal in UK!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

TheHutt
Gondor

Feb 18 2015, 7:54pm

Post #1 of 26 (1546 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit Trilogy with Bilbo's Journal in UK! Can't Post

The Hobbit Trilogy with Bilbo's Journal (3D version) costs just 33 £ in the UK!

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Booklet - Custom Booklet Project

Glorfindela
Valinor

Feb 18 2015, 9:00pm

Post #2 of 26 (1078 views)
Shortcut
Nice!. Thank you. [In reply to] Can't Post

However, I'm more interested in knowing whether there will be a steelbook on Amazon UK for BoFA, as there was for the first two films. Have you seen any sign of this, because I haven't been able to track it down on Amazon?

I already have the other two films on DVD, so don't need a trilogy box set.

TheHutt
Gondor

Feb 18 2015, 9:23pm

Post #3 of 26 (1060 views)
Shortcut
So far... [In reply to] Can't Post

...only the HMV steelbook has been sighted (3D).

AshNazg
Gondor

Feb 18 2015, 9:41pm

Post #4 of 26 (1041 views)
Shortcut
You might have to go to HMV [In reply to] Can't Post

Though I'm sure one will probably pop up on Amazon closer to release

http://u.jimdo.com/...653962/std/image.jpg

AshNazg
Gondor

Feb 18 2015, 9:44pm

Post #5 of 26 (1047 views)
Shortcut
Also interesting, the UK 3D version... [In reply to] Can't Post

Has the same cover art as the 2D version. Rather than the alternative art we saw with the dragon/mountain motif.

dormouse
Half-elven

Feb 18 2015, 10:59pm

Post #6 of 26 (1022 views)
Shortcut
But... but..... [In reply to] Can't Post

We have to wait a whole MONTH longer than the US for the film to be released??? A month? That's far too long....

Glorfindela
Valinor

Feb 18 2015, 11:58pm

Post #7 of 26 (968 views)
Shortcut
Than you, AshNazg and the Hutt [In reply to] Can't Post

I will take a trip to HMV to see whether I can pre-order from them. It's odd, though, that they are being inconsistent with the availability of the steelbook – it should really be on Amazon, as the first two were. Unimpressed

smtfhw
Lorien

Feb 19 2015, 6:57am

Post #8 of 26 (938 views)
Shortcut
Much as I like the Journal [In reply to] Can't Post

I have no use whatsoever for a 3D version of the film and no desire to pay £33 for the journal (which is in effect what I would be doing). Please tell me I'm not going to have to a) wait till April and b) order from Germany YET AGAIN to get a version I want with any extras.

TheHutt
Gondor

Feb 19 2015, 7:39am

Post #9 of 26 (918 views)
Shortcut
Germany is also late... [In reply to] Can't Post

April 24th or so.

An outrage actually, given the later theatrical release date in the USA.

Arannir
Valinor

Feb 19 2015, 8:53am

Post #10 of 26 (906 views)
Shortcut
Journal is great... [In reply to] Can't Post

... would have been - in high quality - a great gimmick for the EE (a the bookholders or the key were for DoS).

I usually try not to start the whole "it all used to be better" when it comes to such things as BluRay or DVD releases... but I really wished this would have been handled closer to the LotR releases.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

dormouse
Half-elven

Feb 19 2015, 11:04am

Post #11 of 26 (908 views)
Shortcut
Don't like to start a new thread with this..... [In reply to] Can't Post

...as there are already a couple on the DVD/Blu-ray release, but I think there are a couple of new DVD extras listed here on the BBFC site that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet -

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/...BThe%2Bfive%2BArmies

The Last Goodbye - 10 minute featurette (this is in addition to the music video)

Completing Middle Earth - a six-part saga - 9 minutes

Bombadil
Half-elven

Feb 19 2015, 1:33pm

Post #12 of 26 (856 views)
Shortcut
dmouse....That page izzz GREAT! [In reply to] Can't Post

Bomzz izz fine with WHATEVER they include...
Since it izz
EXTRA Nice that any
Extra EXTRAS.. one wants to buy?

Would Come... from Weta
Instead of From... Warner Bros.

Personal preference, Perhaps?
since any $$$ Spent?
Goes to down to NZ,
where it ALL Began...

SSOoo long ago..

In a
Way we are helping the Production of a Film Museum in
WONDERFUL
Wellington...
Which
WE eventually
would Visit & feel like a "Sponsor" of IT!

Bom wants SSOoo
Bad, to GO there
BUT...maybe... wait until the Museum gets opened?

{Humm..a New Itinerary,.. maybe?}
bom
Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Elessar
Valinor

Feb 19 2015, 2:05pm

Post #13 of 26 (849 views)
Shortcut
That's awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd be tempted to track that down at somepoint.

Avandel
Half-elven

Feb 19 2015, 5:23pm

Post #14 of 26 (846 views)
Shortcut
Nice looking journal, but IMO they need to do better re a 3-disc set [In reply to] Can't Post

But am I wrong, or is this journal a notebook w. empty pages?

I AM as many are looking forward to having the BOFA BR in hand. But tho this will sound a bit tepid re enthusiasmUnsure, I was just hoping for more with the TE release. Because like many? some? I own TE and EE BR versions of AUJ and DOS, but have no use (yet) for the 3D versions. I still can't find (maybe Walmart?) the DOS EE on DVD.Frown

And *ducks* I still don't like the BOFA song, last time I heard it, it got stuck in my head even tho I don't like itUnimpressed, took days to shake it off. So the "extra" isn't of much use FOR ME.Unimpressed

Well, it's early in the U.S. But for ME personally I am not paying that much to get a journal, really (and it wouldn't surprise me if some high-end version of this comes out at some point as a separate purchase if it isn't alreadyUnsure). To each their own re collectibles and covers of course. I personally was delighted with the Erebor key set and Amazon barrel statueHeartHeartHeart and smile when I look at my bookends.

And for such a large gap between the digital release and disk I think is foolish. I don't know the technology, but having the file in release IMO is just inviting the computer-savvy to grab a copy vs. buying a disk. And that kind of thing doesn't recognize international boundaries. Unimpressed

I hope in the end tho, that there is an all-out effort for the BOFA EE, of some kind.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Feb 19 2015, 6:04pm

Post #15 of 26 (830 views)
Shortcut
I just wonder [In reply to] Can't Post

Why are they releasing this so early, at the same time that the BoFA DVD is being released? Surely it would be more prudent to wait until after the release of the EE before getting into box sets, given that most people who are buying the DVDs will already have them for the first two films.

Very odd (unless I'm missing something).

MechaGodzilla
Rivendell

Feb 19 2015, 6:37pm

Post #16 of 26 (828 views)
Shortcut
Because they're doing box sets for the theatrical and extended cuts [In reply to] Can't Post

Now that the theatrical cut of BotFA is coming out on DVD and Blu-ray, they release a box set with the theatrical cuts of all three films, while later when the EE comes out they'll repeat it, just with the EEs. And then you can count on six-film box sets and the like.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Feb 19 2015, 7:47pm

Post #17 of 26 (817 views)
Shortcut
I understand WHAT they are doing [In reply to] Can't Post

But I was questioning WHY they would want to release repeat DVDs in box sets, as well as single DVDs, all at the same time.

MechaGodzilla
Rivendell

Feb 19 2015, 9:32pm

Post #18 of 26 (804 views)
Shortcut
I guess it's the same old tired answer... [In reply to] Can't Post

Money, money, money. It's just how the big studios do things, but I agree that it all becomes a bit excessive sometimes. With many franchises they release and re-release box sets with each new movie that comes out, even though they have sequels planned, in that regard they've actually shown restraint with the Hobbit trilogy. There are people that want the box sets, either because they just haven't got around to picking up any of the movies yet or because they collect every release.

Faleel
Rohan

Feb 19 2015, 10:48pm

Post #19 of 26 (790 views)
Shortcut
Avandel [In reply to] Can't Post

Avandel I am not sure The Last Goodbye featurette is just about the song being that it is 10 minutes long, I would assume it's about the filmmakers saying goodbye to middle-earth...

dormouse
Half-elven

Feb 19 2015, 11:18pm

Post #20 of 26 (779 views)
Shortcut
I agree.... [In reply to] Can't Post

The Last Goodbye featurette is listed separately from the music video and it's longer. I don't think it's about the song at all.

EomundDaughter
Lorien

Feb 19 2015, 11:55pm

Post #21 of 26 (766 views)
Shortcut
It would be nice [In reply to] Can't Post

if the Journal were not blank...at least for a few pages!

Glorfindela
Valinor

Feb 20 2015, 12:25am

Post #22 of 26 (764 views)
Shortcut
I suppose that is it [In reply to] Can't Post

However, there is a possibility that with this ploy, people who would buy the box sets won't buy them at this time because they will want to complete their individual sets. They will then forget that the box sets exist – so issuing these products together could actually be counter-productive…

In Reply To
Money, money, money. It's just how the big studios do things, but I agree that it all becomes a bit excessive sometimes. With many franchises they release and re-release box sets with each new movie that comes out, even though they have sequels planned, in that regard they've actually shown restraint with the Hobbit trilogy. There are people that want the box sets, either because they just haven't got around to picking up any of the movies yet or because they collect every release.

Eruclauron
Bree

Feb 20 2015, 1:34am

Post #23 of 26 (759 views)
Shortcut
Neat! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd love to get this; the journal, while simple, looks really cool. I'd love to fill it up with Middle-earth artwork! (Unless it's blank for some reason other than to be able to be written in, but I highly doubt that.) Does anybody know if it will be coming to the US as well? I searched Amazon for it but got nothing.

Dwarewien
Rohan

Feb 20 2015, 3:14am

Post #24 of 26 (754 views)
Shortcut
That's the version I'll be getting... [In reply to] Can't Post

minus the journal of course, since I'm not in the UK. Even though I already own the other two on either Blu-ray or DVD (or both, as is the case with DoS), I'm still planning on getting the 3D boxed set, since this way, I'll have all three movies in the 3D combo packs (I can always sell the extra copies on eBay). I don't mind any of the end credits songs, but my favorite would have to be I See Fire, since it's basically Thorin's song. Second favorite would be The Song of the Lonely Mountain, with The Last Goodbye last but not least, so you might say that I like the songs the same way I prefer the trilogy: DoS, AUJ, BoFA (but not because I hate it, it's just too emotionally draining to list as my favorite of the three, since I don't really dislike any of the movies. Sometimes it takes a handful of viewings to know which order you really prefer them in. I've seen BoFA 6 times so far, in contrast to DoS, which was 11 times, and 10 times for AUJ, and BoFA isn't even out of theaters yet, but the matinee is too early again, so I'm not sure if I'll catch it again in theaters). Unlike the LotR movies, I'm keeping both versions (except for the extra copies), since you can never have too much Thorin.Smile

"Will you follow me... one last time?"

Avandel
Half-elven

Feb 20 2015, 5:23am

Post #25 of 26 (751 views)
Shortcut
Thank you Faleel and Dormouse! [In reply to] Can't Post

My bad, I just assumed. Call me a wimp anyway, I don't want to think about the last of Middle Earth. So I won't.

Not that Sir Jackson is not entitled to a rest, after months of twenty-hour days. I will just fantasize about the coming LOTR reboot and how cool it might be to film in the Alps, perhaps. And how a new director with a big budget might do things *Glorfindel*CoolAngelic

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.