Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Are you going to purchase the theatrical edition of BOFA?
Poll: Are you going to purchase the theatrical edition of BOFA?
Yes, a digital copy
Yes, on Blu-ray
Yes, on DVD
No
I haven't decided yet
View Results (84 votes)

BlackFox
Half-elven

Feb 18 2015, 4:17pm

Post #1 of 25 (1521 views)
Shortcut
Are you going to purchase the theatrical edition of BOFA? Can't Post

Multiple answers allowed.

I am. I'll be getting the DVD, as usual.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Feb 18 2015, 4:21pm

Post #2 of 25 (1375 views)
Shortcut
We will hold out for the Extended Edition. [In reply to] Can't Post

I do expect to rent the dvd via NetFlix though.

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Feb 18 2015, 4:24pm

Post #3 of 25 (1380 views)
Shortcut
Uh, uh.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Think I'll wait for the EE for BOFA and whatever the name of the 2nd one is. Smile DVD of course..

Annael
Immortal

Feb 18 2015, 4:48pm

Post #4 of 25 (1357 views)
Shortcut
no, nor the EE.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Brethil
Half-elven

Feb 18 2015, 4:58pm

Post #5 of 25 (1349 views)
Shortcut
Not sure. I may wait for EE on this one. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Konrad S
Lorien

Feb 18 2015, 5:01pm

Post #6 of 25 (1348 views)
Shortcut
Ops i dont read all before i voted! [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it was Botfa not the Extented editon, i voted yes on dvd, but i maybe will buy it Ps Kids dont have very much money.

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Feb 18 2015, 5:12pm

Post #7 of 25 (1349 views)
Shortcut
I don't know [In reply to] Can't Post

I wouldn't mind getting it, but my mom, who is extremely fiscally responsible (for good reason), feels like buying the theatrical just to replace it with the EE and never watch it again isn't the best use of my money. She's right, of course. However, I still managed to get the theatrical editions for all the LOTR and previous two Hobbit movies. With LOTR and AUJ I got the theatricals because I was new to the franchise, the movies were long out of theaters before I discovered them and I didn't know about the EEs at that time. With DOS, my aunt got me the theatrical for my birthday. I guess whether or not I get the BOFA theatrical will depend on if my aunt decides to get it for me for my birthday again.

All of these have been on DVD, btw. The only ME movie I have on Blue-ray is the DOS EE. (not that I don't like Blue-ray. It's just that the DVDs are cheaper.)

(This post was edited by Eruvandi on Feb 18 2015, 5:12pm)

Kim
Valinor

Feb 18 2015, 6:07pm

Post #8 of 25 (1346 views)
Shortcut
Yes, on Blu-ray [In reply to] Can't Post

Got my Amazon gift card all loaded and ready to go!

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Feb 18 2015, 6:44pm

Post #9 of 25 (1335 views)
Shortcut
wait, waht? [In reply to] Can't Post

I think I meant DVD.....

because my tech is Dark Ages, and I have no blu ray

where all the good stuff is....

bleah

Darkstone
Immortal

Feb 18 2015, 7:21pm

Post #10 of 25 (1339 views)
Shortcut
Of course! [In reply to] Can't Post

Gotta catch 'em all!

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Feb 18 2015, 7:57pm

Post #11 of 25 (1327 views)
Shortcut
I will buy the TE DVD. [In reply to] Can't Post

Which after I buy the EE BluRay, my kids can watch in the car on long trips.Smile

Dwarewien
Rohan

Feb 18 2015, 10:45pm

Post #12 of 25 (1313 views)
Shortcut
I'm thinking of getting the 3D box set... [In reply to] Can't Post

of all three movies, since the only one I don't have a 3D combo pack for is for AUJ. This way, I'll be able to do a "marathon" of my own (but only once a week, since watching them all in one day will be a little too exhausting). Depending on if I can afford to upgrade by the time the Extended Edition is out, I'll be doing the same for the Extended Editions, since if I've seen them in 3D (though not the Extended Editions), I'll want them in 3D. I can always sell the extra copies on eBay (as well as the Box DVD set for the LotR Extended Editions, since a good friend of mine bought them for me for Christmas last year on Blu-ray, so I don't need two copies of the same format).Smile

cats16
Valinor

Feb 18 2015, 11:22pm

Post #13 of 25 (1303 views)
Shortcut
Yup, yup. [In reply to] Can't Post

The Blu-Ray for me.

I can rationalize it to myself a lot easier, since most of my viewings of the films are the TE (heresy, I know). That lets me use the EE for the hours of behind the scenes, which are of great, great value to me.

It's funny though, because the DOS EE was the first of the five films that I actually prefer over the TE.

(This post was edited by cats16 on Feb 18 2015, 11:23pm)

Donry
Tol Eressea

Feb 18 2015, 11:27pm

Post #14 of 25 (1303 views)
Shortcut
I have digital [In reply to] Can't Post

copies of the theatrical editions of the first two movies, and bought the DVD versions of the EE......probably will do the same...

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Feb 19 2015, 1:17am

Post #15 of 25 (1297 views)
Shortcut
Nope. EE only, blu-ray.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Longbottom Leaf
Lorien

Feb 19 2015, 1:21am

Post #16 of 25 (1295 views)
Shortcut
I'll wait for the EE. [In reply to] Can't Post

Just like I did with AUJ and DOS I've seen BOTFA more than enough times to keep me at bay until the TE comes around on tv or on demand. When that happens I'll watch it a million more times and be fine until the EE comes around.

Arannir
Valinor

Feb 19 2015, 9:02am

Post #17 of 25 (1295 views)
Shortcut
Probably not. [In reply to] Can't Post

I have bought all TEs so far - and even have watched them after the EEs came out (at least the LotR ones), often to compare pacing and such things.

So originally I planned buying BotFA to complete the set... but I do not feel like it anymore as my feeling towards BotFA TE is best described with frustration.

Nuradar
Rohan

Feb 19 2015, 1:53pm

Post #18 of 25 (1272 views)
Shortcut
I always wait for the EEs. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Feb 19 2015, 2:33pm

Post #19 of 25 (1275 views)
Shortcut
Yes, 'cause I'm an IDIOT!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I just can't wait for the extended edition, and it's out of theaters now. I tried to go with the streaming version for DOS, but ended up buying the DVD anyway - darn Walmart had it on sale right next to the register. Anyway, I've given the TE versions of AUJ and DOS to my brother, so I figure I might as well do the same with BOFA.Tongue

Loresilme
Valinor

Feb 19 2015, 4:46pm

Post #20 of 25 (1261 views)
Shortcut
Sure will [In reply to] Can't Post

DVD here too, for now.

Patty
Immortal

Feb 20 2015, 2:29am

Post #21 of 25 (1249 views)
Shortcut
I'll be getting the 3-D Blu-ray theatrical version of this, since I didn't see it at the theater… [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm afraid I don't expect to enjoy it exceedingly much, so what I will probably do is sell that version when the EE comes out. Even though I'm a creature of habit, and have all of the Lord of the rings theatrical and EE I'm not enjoying this series as much and don't have to have every version of it. I give the digital code to my grandkids, and that stretches it to where it makes financial sense.

I would have liked to have seen a 3-D option. I'm curious as to how many fans here besides myself will be buying the 3-D.

(This post was edited by Patty on Feb 20 2015, 2:30am)

CathrineB
Rohan

Feb 27 2015, 1:15am

Post #22 of 25 (1189 views)
Shortcut
Well, yes [In reply to] Can't Post

Even though I was highly disappointed with certain parts and desicions I have an unhealthy need to have all the movies complete the same way. Like I have all LotR movies TE on dvds then I have all LotR EE on dvd as well.

Same with The Hobbit. I have the previous ones on DVD and the EEs on blu ray. I just want the complete set Laugh

batik
Tol Eressea

Mar 8 2015, 9:00pm

Post #23 of 25 (1070 views)
Shortcut
EE for me. all 3// [In reply to] Can't Post

Fimbulfambi
The Shire

Mar 26 2015, 7:17pm

Post #24 of 25 (855 views)
Shortcut
EE [In reply to] Can't Post

Will be waiting for the extended editions. Because I was quite dissapointed with the theatrical cut that I rather wait for an experience that is more likely to be better.

I'm gonna buy it on DVD. Might get all the six films on blu-ray some day.

Theodora
The Shire

Mar 31 2015, 7:51pm

Post #25 of 25 (798 views)
Shortcut
Yes, on dvd, but I'll have to wait until April 22. [In reply to] Can't Post

So three more weeks until it's released in my part of the world.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.