Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
One Last Party: Travel website completely failed my hotel booking.

RosieLass
Valinor

Feb 17 2015, 5:56pm

Post #1 of 4 (2844 views)
Shortcut
One Last Party: Travel website completely failed my hotel booking. Can't Post

So now I have a room for Friday night, but not Saturday night.

If I can't find someone to share with at the close-by hotels (which of course are completely sold out now), I'll probably just cancel the one night and find something closer the airport and pay extra (ugh!) for a taxi to the party.

Word to the wise...use the travel websites to research fares and rates, but book directly with the hotel or airline yourself. Just to save yourself a headache.

"BOTH [political] extremes are dangerous. But more dangerous are team fanboys who think all the extremists are on the OTHER side." (CNN reader comment)

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 17 2015, 6:27pm

Post #2 of 4 (2837 views)
Shortcut
Sorry to hear that Rosie! [In reply to] Can't Post

The last thing you need on a big trip is for your accommodation to fall through less than a week out.

My worst experience was during a South Island holiday when the motelier had me booked in for just one night instead of two. I wasn't impressed. (She gave me a bed in an office in her home for the second night so at least I had a place to sleep.)

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Greenwoods

Feb 21 2015, 12:22am

Post #3 of 4 (2807 views)
Shortcut
Rosie, you can share with me on Saturdsy night. [In reply to] Can't Post

Rosie,

I'm staying across the street from the VFW a post at the BLVD a hotel & suite. I only have one bed, but it is big if you want to stay with me. Let me know.they might have roll always as well.

RosieLass
Valinor

Feb 21 2015, 9:52pm

Post #4 of 4 (2806 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, Greenwoods. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm actually all set for tonight. Someone else offered me their second bed, and when I went to check out of my room, the hotel told me my own room was mine for both nights.

Crazy

All I can guess is that the website "fixed" their screwup and didn't let me know. (Or emailed after I got here.)

I appreciate the offer though!

"BOTH [political] extremes are dangerous. But more dangerous are team fanboys who think all the extremists are on the OTHER side." (CNN reader comment)

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.