Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Anyone here interested in Lee Pace?

Kazumitodo

Feb 16 2015, 8:54am

Post #1 of 6 (335 views)
Shortcut
Anyone here interested in Lee Pace? Can't Post

I always think him as underated and it seems to me that he has finally get some attention this year£¨mainly because of Ronan from GOTG). I think he did a good job as Thranduil, but the screen time is just brief. Anyway, just hope people pay more attention to him and give him some leading roles in the future.

Adrianna
Lorien

Feb 16 2015, 10:50am

Post #2 of 6 (261 views)
Shortcut
I would agree! [In reply to] Can't Post

I had never heard of him as an actor until I saw DOS. He acted in the TV series Pushing Daisies and a few others. Which now I wish I would have watched back then. Probably still can on Netflix or Hulu.

He did do a pretty good job for the brief appearance that he had. I did enjoy watching him in GOTG. There was an article that i read that once PJ and PB interviewed him for the role in New York they knew after they left that LP was who they wanted.

"I did free him. I freed his wretched head from his miserable shoulders."

Magpie
Immortal

Feb 16 2015, 3:18pm

Post #3 of 6 (238 views)
Shortcut
I would recommend watching The Fall for anyone interested in Lee Pace [In reply to] Can't Post

I had a brief review of it here:
http://newboards.theonering.net/...i?post=691630#691630

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Annael
Immortal

Feb 16 2015, 3:53pm

Post #4 of 6 (241 views)
Shortcut
I first noticed him in "Wonderfalls" [In reply to] Can't Post

a quirky, one-season show cancelled too soon by Fox - like they do. "Pushing Daisies" lasted two seasons but was still cancelled too soon.

He's also got a big role in "Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day."

and who can forget this scene?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqWX0EkdOYo

Since evidence can be adduced and interpreted to corroborate a virtually limitless array of world views, the human challenge is to engage that world view or set of perspectives which brings forth the most valuable, life-enhancing consequences.

- Richard Tarnas, The Passion of the Western Mind

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Avandel
Half-elven

Feb 17 2015, 1:07am

Post #5 of 6 (199 views)
Shortcut
The waiting for season 2 re Halt and Catch Fire [In reply to] Can't Post

I found this blurb, since I wasn't able to track down a specific date for Season 2:

What will Joe do now when he returns to Cardiff? Fans have a long wait before Season 2 premieres next summer to wonder what his next move will be.

Next summerUnsure? Oh, well, at least GOT comes out in April!Tongue

IMO Lee Pace was beyond perfect as Thranduil, and seems thoughtful, intelligent, and nice to talk to. Will be following his career with interest! And OK, I'd love to see him paired with RA again, maybe it's just the quality of the actors themselves, but those two just seem to WORK together. Heart

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Feb 18 2015, 7:01pm

Post #6 of 6 (172 views)
Shortcut
yep! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hope we see more of him!

Na 'Aear, na 'Aear! Mıl 'lain nallol, I sûl ribiel a i falf 'loss reviol...
To the sea, to the sea, the white gulls are crying, the wind is blowing and the white foam is flying...

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.