The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Faramir vs Eomer (Movie-verse)

Bofur's Hat
The Shire

Feb 14 2015, 6:04pm

Post #1 of 3 (4726 views)
Shortcut
Faramir vs Eomer (Movie-verse) Can't Post

1: Who do you think would win in a fight? (Movie version)
2. Who would you want to go on a "adventure" with?
3. Who would you want to be?
4. Who turned out the best after the war of the ring? (Steward of Gondor + Married to Eowyn vs. King of Rohan)

I can't decide to be honest Smile

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Tol Eressea

Feb 14 2015, 7:30pm

Post #2 of 3 (4705 views)
Shortcut
These are fun [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Eomer by a smidge. Eomer and his Eored took out a battalion of Orcs/Uruk Hai/goblins. Faramir and his Rangers took out a battalion of Haradrim. Both have leadership experience but Eomer seems to lead a larger force than does Faramir. Eomer seems to have more battlefield experience than Faramir. He would be a better rider and cavalryman than Faramir, certainly. Eomer took down two mumakil with one spear throw. Faramir needed the aid of his Rangers to take down a single mumak. Eomer has shown excellent skill on horseback. Faramir on horseback didn't really achieve much except ride headlong into an Orc archers' ambush. Eomer is very brave--his final charge upon the Uruk Hai pikemen at Helms Deep required tremendous resolve. Faramir, while brave enough to ride into a suicide charge, has no comparable deed under his belt to match Eomer's at Helms Deep. Edge to Eomer.

2. Faramir, largely because I find him a bit more likeable and approachable. Eomer is decent but can be suspicious and judgmental. Also Faramir seems more well rounded as a potential adventuring companion, not only capable with sword and bow and with horseriding and woodcraft, but also knowledgeable of lore, having learned from Gandalf, and wise. Not having demonstrated any skill with the bow, Eomer is more of a spear throwing type. That's fine on the battlefield against mumakil or large enemies but limited on ammo supply and multiple, rapid shots is not an option for him. Faramir is a skilled Ranger and can move with stealth through wilderness, while Eomer hasn't shown any such skill.

3. Faramir. By a slight margin.

4. Faramir. I'd take Eowyn over kingship of Rohan any day. Ruling a kingdom can be a burden, while having love in one's life means happiness.

[spoken:] Once upon a time in Arda, First Age…

Beren, on the run from the Dark,
Its Sudden-Flame strike
Came down on his life, lived rough,
So rough,
Luthien was out in the glade,
She ran from the Man,
His limbs stayed by chains of love,
Of love.

But Thingol said to hold on,
What have you got?
You can’t just have the Princess, that is asking a lot.
You’ll fetch the jewels from ol’ Morgoth,
for love,
Or have her you’ll not!

Whoa, if that’s your will,
Whoa, this I will fulfill!
In my hand from the Crown, a Silmaril,
Whoa, this I will fulfill!
This I will fulfill!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDK9QqIzhwk

RosieLass
Valinor

Feb 26 2015, 10:50pm

Post #3 of 3 (4654 views)
Shortcut
I wouldn't want to *be* either one of them. [In reply to] Can't Post

But I would love to hang out with either of them.

Or, preferably, both!

"BOTH [political] extremes are dangerous. But more dangerous are team fanboys who think all the extremists are on the OTHER side." (CNN reader comment)

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.