Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Hobbit Trilogy BluRay Artwork: 2D + (for the first time) 3D!

TheHutt
Gondor

Feb 14 2015, 10:21am

Post #1 of 16 (4831 views)
Shortcut
Hobbit Trilogy BluRay Artwork: 2D + (for the first time) 3D! Can't Post

In Russia, both artworks for the 2D and the 3D version of the Hobbit trilogy box have been published. The 3D artwork was not sighted before:

Source: http://www.henneth-annun.ru/...ogii-spisok-bonusov/

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Booklet - Custom Booklet Project

Glorfindela
Valinor

Feb 14 2015, 12:03pm

Post #2 of 16 (4142 views)
Shortcut
Very nice [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for posting this, TheHutt.Smile

TheHutt
Gondor

Feb 14 2015, 1:22pm

Post #3 of 16 (4206 views)
Shortcut
Also the DVD artwork: [In reply to] Can't Post

Dipling
Lorien

Feb 14 2015, 3:23pm

Post #4 of 16 (4104 views)
Shortcut
Nice... [In reply to] Can't Post

I like 3D.

2D looks too much like mozilla firefox :-).

Barrow-Wight
Rohan

Feb 14 2015, 8:41pm

Post #5 of 16 (4026 views)
Shortcut
that is so awesome [In reply to] Can't Post

we here in the US will probably get floating heads or something but I love those covers I hope someone somewhere makes an english version of these I like how the second one also looks like the Ring

tsmith675
Gondor

Feb 14 2015, 9:03pm

Post #6 of 16 (4032 views)
Shortcut
That 2D cover is what we're getting in the US. [In reply to] Can't Post

So I would assume that's the 3D cover we'll get too. I won't be getting the trilogy set, as I already have the first two. But I definitely like the looks of both covers.

tsmith675
Gondor

Feb 14 2015, 9:06pm

Post #7 of 16 (4044 views)
Shortcut
Is anyone else mad that digital download comes out WAY earlier than Bluray? [In reply to] Can't Post

Seriously. BoFA comes out digitally on March 3rd. That's only a little over two weeks away! And it comes out three weeks earlier than the Bluray. That makes me so angry. I hate that they do that now.

Barrow-Wight
Rohan

Feb 14 2015, 9:28pm

Post #8 of 16 (3998 views)
Shortcut
yeah same here [In reply to] Can't Post

I won't buy a trilogy box because I already have the other 2 lol I have the TE and EE already but then that box set isn't meant for us but rather the people who didn't buy the other 2 in the first place, as much as I like the covers for the TE they didn't quite match up with LOTR so I printed out custom made ones and slipped them over the real ones.

Avandel
Half-elven

Feb 15 2015, 5:09pm

Post #9 of 16 (3934 views)
Shortcut
I'm fed up w. the early digital download "punsihment" scam [In reply to] Can't Post

My one and only dealings with digital downloading didn't work, tho I am still grateful for the TORn members who stepped in to help. But I personally don't enjoy endlessly fussing with my computer and having to figure out what codec I need and so on.

That's one thing. Another was having special features "streamed" vs. actually being able to download the file. There may be a way around that, but it's more tinkering.

And finally, and most of all, having such a division between and people who want this on disk. It's a stupid strategy too, because once a handy digital copy is floating around, what's to stop someone from just burning their own disks?

So yes, again I am disgusted to hear of this marketing strategy. But seeing as this is a film I saw multiple times, I'm just gonna wait. As a consumer I can walk with my feet and wallet.MadMad

AshNazg
Gondor

Feb 15 2015, 6:05pm

Post #10 of 16 (3935 views)
Shortcut
The 2D cover is actually quite clever symbolism... [In reply to] Can't Post

Ouroboros, the image of a snake or dragon devouring its own tail signifies self-reflexivity or cyclicality, a perfect symbol for the self-reflective and cyclic journey of going There and Back Again. And with Smaug's iconic head, it's a pretty perfect image choice.

It also compliments the LotR blu-ray set http://p.playserver1.com/...275_700x700min_1.jpg

Tolkien used the concept of Ouroboros in the design of the Ring of Barahir, which Aragorn wears.

(This post was edited by AshNazg on Feb 15 2015, 6:16pm)

Bombadil
Half-elven

Feb 15 2015, 6:32pm

Post #11 of 16 (3888 views)
Shortcut
AshN...That was Bomby's First THOUGHT to0...// [In reply to] Can't Post

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

(This post was edited by Bombadil on Feb 15 2015, 6:35pm)

AshNazg
Gondor

Feb 15 2015, 8:04pm

Post #12 of 16 (3932 views)
Shortcut
Here's all the Blu-ray covers... [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope this link works?

http://batsslover.tumblr.com/image/111103929766

Arannir
Valinor

Feb 16 2015, 10:32am

Post #13 of 16 (3858 views)
Shortcut
The left one... [In reply to] Can't Post

... is a great motive for a box set.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Imladris18
Lorien

Feb 16 2015, 2:51pm

Post #14 of 16 (3833 views)
Shortcut
Not alone... [In reply to] Can't Post

It would make me much less mad if the UV copy was emailed to those who preordered the physical copy the same day it came out digitally.

But no.

Kirly
Lorien

Feb 17 2015, 2:08am

Post #15 of 16 (3800 views)
Shortcut
I don't like it either, but [In reply to] Can't Post

I think I might understand one reason the do it. I run across people all the time who tell me that they watched a movie currently in the theatre, at home. So, the studios, which are capitalist entities trying to make money on these films, know that people are already watching it without paying and I think they are just trying to capitalize on that market.

I don't let it bother me much anymore. But it's not my favorite situation either.

My avatar photo is Lake Tekapo in New Zealand's South Island. Taken by me in 2004 on a Red Carpet Tours LOTR Movie Location Tour. 'Twas the Vacation of a Lifetime!

pictures taken while on the tour are here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/Kirly7/LOTRNewZealandTour#

TheHutt
Gondor

Feb 17 2015, 11:35pm

Post #16 of 16 (3765 views)
Shortcut
Well... [In reply to] Can't Post

The German 3D trilogy cover will be different (same as 2D), so no guarantee as for that.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.