The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
BOTFA collectibles?

tattooed_dwarf
Rivendell

Feb 9 2015, 4:16pm

Post #1 of 7 (5868 views)
Shortcut
BOTFA collectibles? Can't Post

Is there anything coming? Weta has Bard statue and staff of Saruman, that's it? Where is Dain stuff, Beorn statue. Dain funko would be great too.

(This post was edited by tattooed_dwarf on Feb 9 2015, 4:17pm)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Feb 9 2015, 4:46pm

Post #2 of 7 (5823 views)
Shortcut
Lake-town? [In reply to] Can't Post

Is Weta producing a Lake-town environment?

"The Great Scaly One protects us from alien invaders and ourselves with his fiery atomic love. It can be a tough love - the “folly of man” and all that - but Godzilla is a fair god.

"Godzilla is totally accepting of all people and faiths. For it is written that liberal or conservative, Christian or Muslim or Jew, straight or gay, all people sound pretty much the identical as they are crushed beneath his mighty feet."
- Tony Isabella, The First Church of Godzilla (Reform)

Foedhrass
The Shire

Feb 9 2015, 6:46pm

Post #3 of 7 (5814 views)
Shortcut
I'm pretty sure... [In reply to] Can't Post

... there is more to come. They just don't announce and release everything at once ;)

(This post was edited by Altaira on Apr 20 2016, 3:39am)

FrodoEyes
Rivendell

Feb 9 2015, 7:38pm

Post #4 of 7 (5805 views)
Shortcut
Comic Con [In reply to] Can't Post

They usually show their big stuff at San Diego Comic Con, and I believe they've said Dain is a must.
Plus we have Bolg going up for order very soon.

'I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.'
'So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.'

FrodoEyes
Rivendell

Feb 9 2015, 7:40pm

Post #5 of 7 (5809 views)
Shortcut
Too big [In reply to] Can't Post

Lake Town is surely too big for an environment, kinda like Osgiliath, but parts of it maybe.

'I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.'
'So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.'

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Feb 9 2015, 10:37pm

Post #6 of 7 (5860 views)
Shortcut
Maybe [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Lake Town is surely too big for an environment, kinda like Osgiliath, but parts of it maybe.

I don't know. Rivendell was a good-sized environment. Of course, the Lake-town of the films was larger than Tolkien indicated, so you might be right.

"The Great Scaly One protects us from alien invaders and ourselves with his fiery atomic love. It can be a tough love - the “folly of man” and all that - but Godzilla is a fair god.

"Godzilla is totally accepting of all people and faiths. For it is written that liberal or conservative, Christian or Muslim or Jew, straight or gay, all people sound pretty much the identical as they are crushed beneath his mighty feet."
- Tony Isabella, The First Church of Godzilla (Reform)

Avandel
Half-elven

Feb 27 2015, 6:03am

Post #7 of 7 (5739 views)
Shortcut
A sword of my dreams - kinda - UC protype of Thorin's "raven sword" in catalogue [In reply to] Can't Post

I've dreamed of what I call the "raven sword" as an affordable replica, preferably made by United Cutlery because I figured it would be metal. So nice to companion the Orcrist replica.

So I just tripped over the UC catalogue and lo, looks like in January UC put pictures and preorders for my "dream sword replica" - called the Regal Sword of Thorin Oakenshield.

Except it's not steel. UC is making the replica out of polyresin. It looks amazing, with a dwarf shield mount. But, as some FB complaints already point out, what's up with the plastic? To their credit, UC freely states it would cost too much to make such a heavy sword out of steel.

But this replica is not cheap, and as far as I know polyresin is heavy, and brittle. It's one thing for a figurine, but a sword? I know materials cost has gone up, but find it hard to believe the cost of basic cutlery steel - such as is used for Orcrist - has gone that high. I wish I could talk to a blacksmith or metal worker and get an opinion, or a knife maker.

I would have to think hard about spending that much for a replica sword that is not metal, as I would have thought. WETA seems to use urethane for replicas and I assume this isn't as brittle and heavy as polyresin. Anyway, for all I know I could find someone to make me a replica *Sigh*. The regal sword of Thorin is something I don't see as plastic.Unsure

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.