Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Which Major Orc In The Films Was Your Favorite?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: Which Major Orc In The Films Was Your Favorite?
The Great Goblin
Bolg
Azog
Lurtz
Gothmog
View Results (45 votes)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Feb 7 2015, 7:18pm

Post #26 of 30 (353 views)
Shortcut
I do understand [In reply to] Can't Post

I had my own objections to Azog and his pack of hunters. Mainly, that there is nothing that Azog contributes to the films that could not have been accomplished with Bolg. But Jackson seems to have felt that the Orcs' pursuit of Thorin & Co. was needed to keep the journey from feeling too leisurely and to add action and tension. Again, could have been done with Bolg.

Jackson did need a second Orc/Goblin to lead his fifth army, but there was another way around that. When Thorin & Co. escaped from the Goblins tunnels in the Misty Mountains, Instead of Azog and his Orc-pack replacing the pursuing Goblins, Azog/Bolg could have taken charge of them and placed his most trusted subordinate in charge of the Goblins of the Misty Mountains. Then we have both the fifth army at the Battle of Five Armies and its commander.

joec_34
Rivendell

Feb 10 2015, 3:24pm

Post #27 of 30 (350 views)
Shortcut
Me too! [In reply to] Can't Post

The goblin king struck a chord with my childhood memories of reading Tolkien more than any of the other Orcs. I was delighted with that character's portrayal.

Dwarewien
Rohan

Feb 12 2015, 3:54am

Post #28 of 30 (370 views)
Shortcut
I'll have to go with Lurtz... [In reply to] Can't Post

with the Goblin King a close second. He's not even a bad singer and may give Thorin a run for his money (if the Goblin King didn't sing so badly). I'm too mad at Azog at what he did to Thorin (as well as beheading Thror), so he'll never get a vote from me. And that's a good question, Konrad S about Thorin's mother and Fili and Kili's father. I'm guessing that Thorin inherited his luscuous locks from his mother (yes, I had to bring up the hair) since Thrain's is a little too wild (even if it is similar to Thorin's in color). Smile

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Feb 19 2015, 8:39pm

Post #29 of 30 (333 views)
Shortcut
Good to see [In reply to] Can't Post

the LotR, actors in prosthetics orcs win out over the Hobbit cgi performance capture orcs. Superior in every way.

Fimbulfambi
The Shire

Mar 26 2015, 7:54pm

Post #30 of 30 (233 views)
Shortcut
Grishnakh [In reply to] Can't Post

I have to vote (but there were no option) for an orc that is not on the list.

So, I'm leaning towards having Grishnakh as my favourite. I liked the way he was made as quite a vile, aged but still intimidating orc. I thought him to be more fierce when I read the book. But I like the movie-version seperatly. Not really a major orc maybe. But I tend to prefer the ones who are not big, muscly and commanding.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.