Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
The Return of "Lame Middle Earth Riddles"!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Advising Elf
Rohan

Mar 8 2007, 2:02pm

Post #26 of 42 (1358 views)
Shortcut
WE HAVE A WINNER! [In reply to] Can't Post

If you can call it that.

Magnificently terrible!

"I haven't any right to criticise books, and I don't do it except when I hate them. I often want to criticise Jane Austen, but her books madden me so that I can't conceal my frenzy from the reader; and therefore I have to stop every time I begin. Everytime I read 'Pride and Prejudice' I want to dig her up and beat her over the skull with her own shin-bone." - Mark Twain

Advising Elf
Rohan

Mar 8 2007, 2:03pm

Post #27 of 42 (1352 views)
Shortcut
Sound of joke going over my head. [nt] [In reply to] Can't Post

"I haven't any right to criticise books, and I don't do it except when I hate them. I often want to criticise Jane Austen, but her books madden me so that I can't conceal my frenzy from the reader; and therefore I have to stop every time I begin. Everytime I read 'Pride and Prejudice' I want to dig her up and beat her over the skull with her own shin-bone." - Mark Twain

Owlyross
Rohan

Mar 8 2007, 2:09pm

Post #28 of 42 (1414 views)
Shortcut
What do you call a spirit of the country after a particularly hot chilli? [In reply to] Can't Post

Tum Bum Bad Deal

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
Benjamin Franklin
The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
Horace Walpole (1717 - 1797)

Advising Elf
Rohan

Mar 8 2007, 3:10pm

Post #29 of 42 (1348 views)
Shortcut
*stratospheric whoosh* [nt] [In reply to] Can't Post

luinfalathiel
Lorien

Mar 8 2007, 3:32pm

Post #30 of 42 (1356 views)
Shortcut
Ooooh ... that's horrible!!!!! *rofl* :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Chance favours the prepared mind.
http://simulflow.vox.com

the eye of luinfalathiel

the eye of luinfalathiel

Stapper
Lorien

Mar 8 2007, 4:11pm

Post #31 of 42 (1415 views)
Shortcut
What do you call a yellowish, swollen toe? [In reply to] Can't Post

potatoe

Belinda's law: The chance a computer crashes is proportional to the importance of the document you're working on

FOTR:50 links / Samwise's cookbook / TORn birthday calendar / 'Things you never (want to) hear people say' list

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Mar 8 2007, 5:12pm

Post #32 of 42 (1418 views)
Shortcut
What do you call a lawn pest from high in the Misty Mountains? [In reply to] Can't Post

Carabhgras.

Fight for us! And regain your honor, learn valuable technical skills, and qualify for up to four years' college tuition! What say you?

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 8 2007, 5:19pm

Post #33 of 42 (1355 views)
Shortcut
*Bwahaha!!* Does that mean [In reply to] Can't Post

men just never pick up? *contemplates*

Dwarves are a tease. Just when you're ready to give up... "WHAT D'YA WANT!?""

And Sauron is a control freak. I'll bet he's got one of those phones you wear behind your ea.... oh. Nevermind.

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

Alassëa Eruvande
Valinor

Mar 8 2007, 6:05pm

Post #34 of 42 (1352 views)
Shortcut
*explains* [In reply to] Can't Post

Tum Bum Bad Deal

Tom Bombadil

The chili was a Bad Deal for the Tum and the Bum.

*hits over the head with a ton of bricks*

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And suddenly the Ainur saw afar off a light, as it were a cloud with a living heart of flame.

Advising Elf
Rohan

Mar 8 2007, 7:57pm

Post #35 of 42 (1344 views)
Shortcut
*bangs head hand* Ooooooh! [In reply to] Can't Post

I got the Tom Bombadil reference but the rest didn't sink in.

Now I feel like a goofus, but that's okay. Situation normal.

Advising Elf
Rohan

Mar 8 2007, 7:58pm

Post #36 of 42 (1329 views)
Shortcut
TIED FOR FIRST PLACE! [In reply to] Can't Post

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 8 2007, 11:10pm

Post #37 of 42 (1363 views)
Shortcut
What do you call a fair held high in the Misty Mountains? [In reply to] Can't Post

Azanul-bazaar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Still 'round the corner there may wait
A new road, or a secret gate...

Lady of Light
Rivendell

Mar 9 2007, 5:01am

Post #38 of 42 (1316 views)
Shortcut
Groooan!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh, it hurts! Laugh

Awesome luin

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
- Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

"Bilbo, have you been at the Gaffer's home brew?"
"No! Well yes, but that's not the point..."

If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable!

Advising Elf
Rohan

Mar 9 2007, 1:38pm

Post #39 of 42 (1325 views)
Shortcut
WE HAVE A THREE-WAY TIE! [In reply to] Can't Post

Moriel
The Shire

Mar 12 2007, 8:33pm

Post #40 of 42 (1330 views)
Shortcut
Ooh. This one is lame so I have to inflict it on you. [In reply to] Can't Post

What is the black gate called in Sindarin? The Mor-door.

Moriel - the Daughter of the Dark
Serving your wiseacre needs since the blooming of the Trees.

silneldor
Half-elven

Mar 13 2007, 12:55am

Post #41 of 42 (1329 views)
Shortcut
You want lame? What is big, green and goes bang,bang,bang,bang? [In reply to] Can't Post

A four door troll.

"Tolkien, like Lewis, believed that, through story, the real world would become a more magical place, full of meaning. We see its patterns and colors in a fresh way. The recovery of a true view of the world applies both to individual things, like hills and stones, and to the cosmic - the depths of space and time itself. For in sub-creation, in Tolkien's view, there is a "survey" of space and time. Reality is captured on a miniature scale. Through stories like The Lord of the Rings, a renewed view of things is given, illuminating the homely, the spiritial, the physical, and the moral dimensions of the world."

Tolkien and C.S. Lewis- The Gift of Friendship -Duriez

The magnificent beech

Patty
Immortal

Mar 16 2007, 3:56am

Post #42 of 42 (1301 views)
Shortcut
Good. now I don't feel so alone. n/t [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome to Rivendell, Patty Baggins

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.