The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Question on DOS EE Appendices

KingTurgon
Rohan

Jan 31 2015, 10:12pm

Post #1 of 4 (1083 views)
Shortcut
Question on DOS EE Appendices Can't Post

Why was there no Dol Guldur stuff in Part 9? I haven't finished watching Part 9 yet, but I saw the list and it seems like practically every signifigant story section got a sequence in this part of the Appendices except for that. Is PJ just going to put the DOS Dol Guldur stuff on the BOFA EE? The reason I ask it because the Dol Guldur stuff was my favorite part of DOS and I really wanted to see a documentary in the style of Part 7 from AUJ and Part 9 from DOS.

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Jan 31 2015, 11:18pm

Post #2 of 4 (662 views)
Shortcut
saving it [In reply to] Can't Post

I think they have to save some stuff for BotFA EE because there aren't that many new settings or characters. I don't think there was a featurette covering the Wood Elves (just the Woodland Realm itself) or Bolg either.

Thrain II
Lorien

Jan 31 2015, 11:38pm

Post #3 of 4 (665 views)
Shortcut
Yeah [In reply to] Can't Post

I was really looking forward to see behind the scenes stuff with Thrain, and was disappointed it wasn't there. I guess they wanted to show Dol Guldur stuff with BOFA EE, but I fear it will only feature scenes from the third film. Unsure

BalrogTrainer
Rivendell

Feb 5 2015, 11:59am

Post #4 of 4 (321 views)
Shortcut
One can only hope [In reply to] Can't Post

The majority of the DOS EE appendices were taken up by Smaug, Beorn, and the new locations. With no new locations (except perhaps Gundabad and Ravenhill -- and maybe Erebor and Dale as well, since they weren't really covered in the AUJ EE appendices) or characters (except Dáin) to cover in the BOFA EE appendices, one can only hope Thranduil, Legolas, Tauriel, Thráin, and Bolg will also be somewhat delved into deeper (particularly the latter two, given their complicated design and/or casting histories).

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.