Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The River of Denial discussions part deux - UUTs, alternative endings, and speculating on those LOGIC GAPS
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Brethil
Half-elven

Jan 28 2015, 3:36am

Post #26 of 62 (1510 views)
Shortcut
Oh, this is so cool SW! // [In reply to] Can't Post

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jan 28 2015, 5:11am

Post #27 of 62 (1530 views)
Shortcut
but wait, there's more [In reply to] Can't Post

more evidence of the Heirs of Durin and their voyage...

Na 'Aear, na 'Aear! Mýl 'lain nallol, I sûl ribiel a i falf 'loss reviol...
To the sea, to the sea, the white gulls are crying, the wind is blowing and the white foam is flying...

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jan 28 2015, 5:13am

Post #28 of 62 (1509 views)
Shortcut
niiiiiiiiiiice [In reply to] Can't Post

finally, someone brought the charts...

now, who's got the compass????

To the sea, to the sea, the white gulls are crying, the wind is blowing and the white foam is flying...

(This post was edited by swordwhale on Jan 28 2015, 5:13am)

Avandel
Half-elven

Jan 28 2015, 5:42am

Post #29 of 62 (1515 views)
Shortcut
And if you can't get enough - epilogue [In reply to] Can't Post

"Very well," Thorin agrees. Then the three of them slid down the frozen waterfall into three kayaks that were conveniently waiting for them, bobbing in water that was conveniently not frozen, and they went off in search of fame, fortune and fangirls (not to mention some yummy fruity drinks!Cool)

Not that I am in love with my own chatter *grins* but I just had to know what happens nextTongue. And I couldn't stand Bilbo being sad and missing his friendFrown. There's probably many ways to continue the journey of Thorin, Fili, and Kili, but one has been cobbled together on the Fan Fiction board (seeing as I just couldn't stop).

PS. If anyone reads it, note that of course the Durins are POETICALLY dressed in suede and leather, and MANLY laced-front shirts, and so on. In dwarvish fashion, of course. And boots.
PS2. I suppose it is KIND of hijacking your post LOL. Sort of. But life is better with the Durins in it, tubing in the River.Laugh

http://newboards.theonering.net/...?post=831762;#831762

Avandel
Half-elven

Jan 28 2015, 5:43am

Post #30 of 62 (1508 views)
Shortcut
ROFLOL [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh gawds, luv this!!!LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Avandel
Half-elven

Jan 28 2015, 8:31pm

Post #31 of 62 (1461 views)
Shortcut
*yowza* ROFLOL [In reply to] Can't Post

TongueTongueTongueTongueTongue

I just fell off the boat *bliss* and needed some of Oin's MINISTRATIONSLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh (these images are great HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart BTW!)

I'll take two. Gives extra energy when swimming in the River of Denial.
And I'm collecting the souvenir glasses.Cool

Glorfindela
Valinor

Jan 29 2015, 12:50am

Post #32 of 62 (1431 views)
Shortcut
Er, I do believe [In reply to] Can't Post

If these were truly who you repute them to be, they would have hairy chests (being masculine Dwarves).

Avandel
Half-elven

Jan 29 2015, 1:28am

Post #33 of 62 (1420 views)
Shortcut
Not sure these days.... [In reply to] Can't Post

If these were truly who you repute them to be, they would have hairy chests (being masculine Dwarves).

Certainly an ACCURATE point. Absolutely. But since the River of Denial has a lot of females paddling around, and there are many, many, strong and HEALTHFUL
fruit drinks being consumed, it's highly likely that de-furring products may have been experimented with.

Like the next day when you look at your new tattoo, and understand that it seemed like a good idea the night before, because you had been having
a lot of fruit drinksCoolWink.

(This post was edited by Avandel on Jan 29 2015, 1:29am)

Dwarewien
Rohan

Jan 29 2015, 2:33am

Post #34 of 62 (1432 views)
Shortcut
With too many threads focussing on the deaths... [In reply to] Can't Post

do you mind if I hang out in this thread for a while? Why do so many people have to focus on the dreadful scenes? Can't they discuss something more positive? And how's this for an alternate ending: What if Dwalin stepped in just prior to Azog knocking Thorin to the ground and doing his dastardly deed (which I will never forgive him for)? Maybe then if Thorin would have been able to keep his footing (a little tricky on ice, since even my stepfather fell down on the ice, which resulted in him cracking a couple of ribs. Ouch! He's finally now on the mend, since he can do a little more things for himself, so that my mom doesn't always have to play nurse maid), he might have been able to slice off the rest of that arm (or better yet, his head) and get rid of that deadly weapon. Every time I see that scene, I wan't to go into the movie at the moment and help Thorin take care of Azog (though even if I could, I'm not sure if Thorin would let me, but at least I'd be doing something, since I don't know about any of you, but I hate that helpless feeling), just like I do at the end of AUJ.Unsure

Just saw BoFA for the fifth time last Sunday (will have to wait a little while for the sixth, since there's only a 9:45 p.m. showing, so I'll have to wait until it moves to our cheapest theater to see it again. Hopefully, I'll be able to see it again in 3D before it officially ends it's theater run, since the last two times have been in 2D, so I've seen it in all three formats) and I just noticed something: Does Thorin spit on Azog just prior to driving Orcrist through his black heart (and the ice beneath him, which I thought was a nice touch)? If he does, good for him, since Azog has plagued his family long enough. I seem to notice more things with each subsequent viewing.

And where did you get that last picture from (the drawing of Thorin with the harp. Why they didn't include that somewhere in the movies is beyond me. Maybe in an ultimate edition with missing scenes and an alternate ending perhaps), since I'd like to use it for my profile picture on deviantART (since it's already autographed and I don't have to credit the artist)? Smile

"Will you follow me... one last time?"

(This post was edited by Queen of Erebor on Jan 29 2015, 2:38am)

Avandel
Half-elven

Jan 29 2015, 5:42am

Post #35 of 62 (1408 views)
Shortcut
all are welcome in the River - grab a floaty chair! [In reply to] Can't Post

In the River, we're celebrating the Durins and toasting Peter Jackson as a bold and visionary director who has shown so much care for characters that are utterly beloved.CoolLaugh

No, I don't think Thorin spits on Azog, I don't think I've ever seen behavior like that in any PJ film. And from what I have read, quite a lot was cut in editing from BOFA just to keep the PG rating.

The harp image? It might be on Deviant Art, but just Google images with the phrase "Thorin harp" and it should pop up so you can get the original.Smile

Starglass
Rivendell

Jan 29 2015, 3:11pm

Post #36 of 62 (1380 views)
Shortcut
Yes! I knew he would be there! [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh

(This post was edited by Starglass on Jan 29 2015, 3:11pm)

Starglass
Rivendell

Jan 29 2015, 3:12pm

Post #37 of 62 (1381 views)
Shortcut
Perfect! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm glad somebody found the map to back up my theory! Wink

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Jan 29 2015, 5:17pm

Post #38 of 62 (1379 views)
Shortcut
Yet more proof they survived! [In reply to] Can't Post

This must have been taken shortly after Kili arrived at the party!

Someone get that man a drink! No shirt necessary, LOL!!!

Why yes, I DO look like Anna Friel!

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jan 29 2015, 6:13pm

Post #39 of 62 (1373 views)
Shortcut
aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh [In reply to] Can't Post

sunscreen

it's hard to apply sunscreen to all that hairyness

ummmmmmmm

some fangirl got to them while they slept
they are so annoyed....

maybe there was something in that one drink....

BLAME IT ON THE ELVESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jan 29 2015, 6:15pm

Post #40 of 62 (1358 views)
Shortcut
I'll take two........... [In reply to] Can't Post

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jan 29 2015, 6:17pm

Post #41 of 62 (1363 views)
Shortcut
oh, dratties [In reply to] Can't Post

I fergot about the tattoooooooooooooo

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jan 29 2015, 7:10pm

Post #42 of 62 (1348 views)
Shortcut
pull up a boat.... [In reply to] Can't Post

and don't worry, we always need more paddlers......

(This post was edited by swordwhale on Jan 29 2015, 7:10pm)

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jan 29 2015, 7:11pm

Post #43 of 62 (1349 views)
Shortcut
BOMBy is Leaving..No ROOM for a MAN..HERE? // [In reply to] Can't Post

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jan 29 2015, 7:14pm

Post #44 of 62 (1353 views)
Shortcut
PS, deviantart [In reply to] Can't Post

is a wonderful site.

I think I'd use a piece of your own art or photography for that profile, but with credit to the artist, many of us don't mind if you use our work for other avatars!

Anyway, Jump on into the River of Denial!!!

(and add any silliness you can think of, it's not that hard to post pics).

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Jan 29 2015, 7:42pm

Post #45 of 62 (1352 views)
Shortcut
Well, not too many Men [In reply to] Can't Post

but plenty of Dwarves, Bomby! Wink

Grab a paddle and a couple of those little paper umbrellas and join in!

“Tollers,” Lewis said to Tolkien, “there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves.”

Avandel
Half-elven

Jan 30 2015, 12:39am

Post #46 of 62 (1349 views)
Shortcut
it's ALWAYS the elves [In reply to] Can't Post

LaughLaughLaugh

Avandel
Half-elven

Jan 30 2015, 12:46am

Post #47 of 62 (1335 views)
Shortcut
What? [In reply to] Can't Post

This post is ALL ABOUT MEN DWARF men, anyway. And a halfling.Heart

Don't go, we're about to sing Misty Mountains Cold for the 4,098,732,298th time.Evil

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Jan 30 2015, 2:05am

Post #48 of 62 (1329 views)
Shortcut
Elves nothing! [In reply to] Can't Post

Take a look at Mr. Baggins there--does that face say "innocent" to anyone out there? Sly

“Tollers,” Lewis said to Tolkien, “there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves.”

Avandel
Half-elven

Jan 30 2015, 4:16pm

Post #49 of 62 (1311 views)
Shortcut
I think Mr. Baggins is just being quietly diplomatic here [In reply to] Can't Post

Because Bilbo is SMUG that so far, anyway, his furry little feet have passed unnoticed by the happy paddlers on the River of Denial.

But that will change when one of the fangirls decides it's time to introduce hobbits to ankle bracelets and toe rings.Cool

"There's just so much REAL ESTATE with hobbit feet" enthused a fan, waving a bottle of glitter nail polish. "We're thinking micro braids".Angelic

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jan 30 2015, 4:26pm

Post #50 of 62 (1307 views)
Shortcut
bwaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa [In reply to] Can't Post

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.