The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
Cool Hand-Engraved Hobbit Rune Stones

Barrel Rider
Rivendell

Jan 26 2015, 1:05am

Post #1 of 3 (12416 views)
Shortcut
Cool Hand-Engraved Hobbit Rune Stones Can't Post

This is a funny first post for a forum, but I've been reading through here for ages . . . :)

I don't know about everybody else, but I REALLY like Kili's rune stone! My sister and I waited and waited for Weta to make a prop replica, and we ordered it as soon as it was available. They are really cool, but they are not made of real rock. This has inspired my sister to try engraving rocks herself. She's quite an artist, so she went a step farther and has engraved "Hobbit" Rune Stones with all kinds of runes and symbols. The coolest one (in my opinion) is a rune stone featuring the runes for "Amralime" (as Kili says to Tauriel in the last film)! She's also made Rune Stone sets with symbols for the different characters like "Line of Durin", "Laketown Archers" and "White Council".

If anybody would like to check them out, you can see them here: http://sarahbethonline.com/runestones/index.html

All that said, I've had lots of fun looking at everybody's various posts of fabulous collectibles and "souvenirs"! Thanks for sharing!

(This post was edited by Barrel Rider on Jan 26 2015, 1:06am)

DisDwarfWoman
Rivendell

Jan 28 2015, 4:13am

Post #2 of 3 (12265 views)
Shortcut
cool idea! [In reply to] Can't Post

They look great and well-made too!

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jan 28 2015, 2:56pm

Post #3 of 3 (12502 views)
Shortcut
Terrific idea! [In reply to] Can't Post

You might need to stick to Norse runes (at least for publicly offered items) to avoid trouble from various licensors.

"The Great Scaly One protects us from alien invaders and ourselves with his fiery atomic love. It can be a tough love - the “folly of man” and all that - but Godzilla is a fair god.

"Godzilla is totally accepting of all people and faiths. For it is written that liberal or conservative, Christian or Muslim or Jew, straight or gay, all people sound pretty much the identical as they are crushed beneath his mighty feet."
- Tony Isabella, The First Church of Godzilla (Reform)

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Jan 28 2015, 2:58pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.