Bifur, Bofur, and Bombur vs. Dori, Nori, and Ori Can't Post

Movie versions (no spoilers please!).

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Dec 21 2014, 1:50am

Post #2 of 4 (4961 views)
Shortcut
Dori, Nori, and Ori [In reply to] Can't Post

were of the line of Durin and would probably whoop Bifur, Bofur, and fatty Bombur....
PiratePiratePirate EvilEvilEvil

“Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.”
But, sneaking off in daylight takes much more cunning.

fiveforchaos
The Shire

Dec 21 2014, 11:05am

Post #3 of 4 (5085 views)
Shortcut
Depends on what you define as movie version. [In reply to] Can't Post

Just going strictly on what we saw in the film itself it'd be Bifur, Bombur, and Bofur by a hair. Between the three of them they've got one scene of demonstrated fighting prowess via Bombur's barrel ride. Meanwhile Ori, Dori and Nori seem to be the designated damsels in distress when Bilbo's not there to fill the roll (hell Nori plays damsel in distress to Bilbo's hero at one point during the barrel fight scene). I'm not saying that Bofur would be much help in a fight, having been used as the damsel in distress himself once or twice, but Bifur at least is sufficiently axe crazy to handle himself if given a pointy enough stick.

That said, if we factor in any other media featuring these guys Ori, Dori, and Nori come out on top. In the lego games they have a vastly superior arsenal, equipped for both long range and short range attacks not to mention the fact that Dori is depicted as a seasoned warrior and veteran of the battle at Moria. In the books Dori's described as the strongest of the dwarves. In the character info tied in with the movie Nori's implied to be a bit of a thug while Bofur is described as one of the weaker and more cowardly of the dwarves. So overall the expanded "universe" seems to make Dori, Nori, and Ori out to be the better team.

(This post was edited by fiveforchaos on Dec 21 2014, 11:12am)

Konrad S
Lorien

Jan 25 2015, 8:39am

Post #4 of 4 (4961 views)
Shortcut
I think Ori, Nori and Dori would win [In reply to] Can't Post

Bombur is not very good in combat, Bifur is probably the best warrior in my opinion, Bofur are pretty good fighters but more an artist is not great warrior.

Ori are not particularly good warriors more authors, Dori is the best of those three according to me he's a good warrior, and Nori he's a bit like that do not really warrior

I think you would like this

Dori Vs Bifur
Nori Vs Bofur
Ori Vs Bombur
So I think Dori would win Vs Bifur and Bombur would win vs Ori and Nori Vs Bofur idk

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.