The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
"Beautiful Map To Middle-Earth Discoverd On Starbucks Cup"

Magpie
Immortal

Jan 23 2015, 6:15pm

Post #1 of 5 (820 views)
Shortcut
"Beautiful Map To Middle-Earth Discoverd On Starbucks Cup" Can't Post

There are a million Tolkien stories on the net but I loved one of the lines in the article so I'm posting this here.

I got this via io9 who found it at Reddit.
Allegedly, a Starbucks barista found this cup and then somehow the images got posted over on Reddit via Redditor Carpe_Natem (who is also claiming to be the same barista who discovered the secret map). We'd like to think that this is leftover from the wandering mind of an aged Bilbo. He stopped in for a venti non-fat chai latte, and just took out his pen and started doodling. Sigh. It's great.
(emphasis mine)

Some people at io9 think it's fake. Some think it's not. I think someone just had a lot of time and patience and skill. And they left it behind! It's kind of like street art we've seen examples of.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

a.s.
Valinor

Jan 23 2015, 7:20pm

Post #2 of 5 (678 views)
Shortcut
What's Galadriel doing so close to Mordor? [In reply to] Can't Post

And wearing green?

Hah, just kidding. Saw this on Huffington Post a couple of days ago, and even if I don't think he/she drew it while sitting in a Starbucks, it's still cool!

a.s.

"an seileachan"

"A safe fairyland is untrue to all worlds." JRR Tolkien, Letters.

noWizardme
Half-elven

Jan 23 2015, 10:10pm

Post #3 of 5 (666 views)
Shortcut
she turned green (and her voice dropped a couple of octaves) when she went nuclear because she's waited for her coffee too long [In reply to] Can't Post

"Instead of a dark roast, you'd have a ...."

~~~~~~

"nowimė I am in the West, Furincurunir to the Dwarves (or at least, to their best friend) and by other names in other lands. Mostly they just say 'Oh no it's him - look busy!' "
Or "Hold off! unhand me, grey-beard loon!"

This year LOTR turns 60. The following image is my LOTR 60th anniversary party footer! You can get yours here: http://newboards.theonering.net/...i?post=762154#762154

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Jan 23 2015, 11:32pm

Post #4 of 5 (666 views)
Shortcut
I didn't know "Syrup" was in the middle of the Shire. . Weird! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Lindarielwen
Bree

Jan 29 2015, 2:13pm

Post #5 of 5 (612 views)
Shortcut
epic! [In reply to] Can't Post

That is really, really, really cool!

~*If I consistently reach out to people, to form relationships, to put persons above things, I will be named ‘beloved,’ and my heart and my life will expand to encompass sorrow with beauty, joy more than pleasure, faith, hope, and above all, love.*~

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.