Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Congrats Richard Armitage for snagging another Anglophile Channel award

Avandel
Half-elven

Jan 19 2015, 1:40am

Post #1 of 7 (299 views)
Shortcut
Congrats Richard Armitage for snagging another Anglophile Channel award Can't Post

Favorite actor in a motion picture!

https://www.youtube.com/...amp;feature=youtu.be

Folks can pooh-pooh this kind of award, but IMO it says a lot when millions around the world take the time to make their voices heard. You know, the people who PAY for entertainment and spend days in line to see their favorites at a convention.Cool

Kim
Valinor

Jan 19 2015, 2:58am

Post #2 of 7 (210 views)
Shortcut
Woo hoo! Congratulations Richard! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love how Marlise commented that he can have bookends now that he has another to match the one he won last year. Cool

And speaking of the fans, here he is thanking the ones in China for his welcome as he and Peter Jackson are in Beijing for the Chinese premiere:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2kCc0Md06c
(plus, they sang Misty Mountains Cold to him in the airport!)

#OneLastTime

Elarie
Grey Havens

Jan 19 2015, 6:06pm

Post #3 of 7 (166 views)
Shortcut
That hat is priceless [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile Thank you for that link!

Gold is the strife of kinsmen,
and fire of the flood-tide,
and the path of the serpent.

(Old Icelandic Fe rune poem)

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jan 20 2015, 4:47am

Post #4 of 7 (152 views)
Shortcut
and the award.... [In reply to] Can't Post

the guys...

how could you choose....

OMG

all so FINE!

Wink

"Judge me by my size, would you?" Max the Hobbit Husky.

Old Toby
Grey Havens

Jan 20 2015, 2:46pm

Post #5 of 7 (139 views)
Shortcut
Glad to hear RA won! But I'm wondering [In reply to] Can't Post

why the list of actors didn't include Eddie Redmayne. He is absolutely awesome in The Theory of Everything. Sure, he's not the handsome leading man type, but wow can he act!

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Kim
Valinor

Jan 20 2015, 6:49pm

Post #6 of 7 (130 views)
Shortcut
There initially was a longer list [In reply to] Can't Post

The five listed were the finalists based on an initial round of votes on a longer list of candidates. I think Eddie Redmayne was on it, but I don't remember for sure.

#OneLastTime

Starglass
Rivendell

Jan 21 2015, 3:40pm

Post #7 of 7 (123 views)
Shortcut
Yay congrats RA! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's great to hear! Two awards now! He definitely has earned it for his performance in all of the three movies, but this last one really deserved an award. Smile

Also nice to see Martin Freeman and Luke Evans being nominated. It's refreshing to see BotFA getting recognized somewhere- all the negative reviews I've seen elsewhere are frustrating.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.