Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
My Annual Birthday/TORniversary Post! :)

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Jan 16 2015, 5:21pm

Post #1 of 19 (188 views)
Shortcut
My Annual Birthday/TORniversary Post! :) Can't Post

And, as has been a tradition of mine since I arrived :) , I just have two small mathoms: First, the story of how I found TORn; and second, a special thank-you. As always, if you already know the story, you can of course skip right down to the thanks if you'd like. :) :)

The story:

I first found out about The Lord Of The Rings back in late 2002-- just a few weeks before The Two Towers opened-- by my best friend asking me if I had seen The Fellowship Of The Ring. At that point, neither of us had. A week or two later, I got The Fellowship Of The Ring: Extended Edition (which I'm glad I saw before the regular ed. :) ) and we watched it together. And, needless to say, we loved it! :) I then started to read the LOTR novels; and, literally a week after we saw FOTR, my best friend and I got to see The Two Towers at the theater. By this time, as you might imagine, I was thoroughly hooked on The Lord Of The Rings-- both the books (including The Hobbit, The Silmarillion, and the making-of chronicles) and the movies.

In mid-2003 I found TORn, and soon afterwards I registered and began to post. And then I found out that you all are, hands-down, the most amazingly, wonderfully welcoming people-- on any board, anywhere. You made me feel at home instantly. Over the years I’ve learned a *lot* from you guys-- both insights into the movies and books, and also some insights on life. (And I’ve also very much enjoyed all the great humor here! :D ) But-- most of all-- I enjoy the fellowship. I don’t use that term as a pun; nor do I use it lightly. The great camaraderie between everyone on TORn (and that wonderful welcome-ness you all showed then and still continue to show now) is really what made me stay.

To put it plainly, there are a lot of places on the 'net that are known as "online communities," but it is rare to find a site that truly embodies that. TORn, however, does-- and it's a community that I am very grateful to be a part of.

And the thanks:

Yet again, I must (as always :) ) thank the creators of TORn for... well, creating TORn :D ; the Admins, for their awesome dedication and great work, and for inviting and allowing me to participate with Fiesta subbing for a number of years now; and, finally, each and every person in this wonderful community for the photos, artwork, poetry, fiction, lists, puzzles, quizzes, parodies, humor, insights, and absolutely great questions, comments, discussions, and conversations on any and all topics, which I've had the pleasure and honor to see, read, think about, answer, and be involved in over the years.

Thank you-- and may TORn continue for many more years to come!! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jan 16 2015, 5:33pm

Post #2 of 19 (123 views)
Shortcut
*blows party horn* [In reply to] Can't Post

Happy birthday and TORniversary! SmileHeart

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jan 16 2015, 5:49pm

Post #3 of 19 (121 views)
Shortcut
whoot! [In reply to] Can't Post

You have been busier than many of us who found the books earlier!

Carry on!

"Judge me by my size, would you?" Max the Hobbit Husky.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 16 2015, 5:52pm

Post #4 of 19 (117 views)
Shortcut
Many happy returns of your TORniversary, Evey! [In reply to] Can't Post

Isn't it always amazing, how one little thing leads to another...and another...and the next you know, you've started on an awesome adventure!

And so glad to have you here sharing it, Evey!

*Hugs!*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 16 2015, 6:28pm

Post #5 of 19 (112 views)
Shortcut
Happy TORNiversary Eventides! :) / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Altaira
Superuser

Jan 16 2015, 6:46pm

Post #6 of 19 (114 views)
Shortcut
Happiest of birthdays, Evey! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wonderful mathoms, as usual! I never get tired of hearing stories of how people found TORn. Smile

Here's to a wonderful birthday weekend for you, and another wonderful year on TORn! Heart

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y ! ! ! !

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 16 2015, 7:13pm

Post #7 of 19 (113 views)
Shortcut
Happy [In reply to] Can't Post

Birthday

and

TORniversary!

Brethil
Half-elven

Jan 16 2015, 7:54pm

Post #8 of 19 (111 views)
Shortcut
Happy B'day.. and T'day!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

cats16
Half-elven

Jan 16 2015, 8:03pm

Post #9 of 19 (104 views)
Shortcut
Happy birthday and TORniversary!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 16 2015, 9:33pm

Post #10 of 19 (102 views)
Shortcut
Happy birthiversary! May there be many more. // [In reply to] Can't Post

The Passing of Mistress Rose
My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

Kim
Valinor

Jan 16 2015, 9:46pm

Post #11 of 19 (102 views)
Shortcut
A day of special magnificence [In reply to] Can't Post

Happy birthday and TORniversary! Thanks for sharing your story, and let me join you in your thank you to the wonderful people here at TORn. Smile

#OneLastTime

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 16 2015, 10:24pm

Post #12 of 19 (102 views)
Shortcut
Happy birthday and TORNiversary, Evey! [In reply to] Can't Post

And here's to many more to come! Smile

Silverlode

Want a LOTR Anniversary footer of your own? Get one here!

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zâram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nâla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dûm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Jan 16 2015, 10:35pm

Post #13 of 19 (100 views)
Shortcut
Happy birthday, Evey! [In reply to] Can't Post

And many more years of TORn-ing!

Where now the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing?
Where is the helm and the hauberk, and the bright hair flowing?
Where is the hand on the harpstring, and the red fire glowing?
Where is the spring and the harvest and the tall corn growing?
They have passed like rain on the mountain, like a wind in the meadow;
The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow....

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Jan 17 2015, 3:27am

Post #14 of 19 (97 views)
Shortcut
Happy, happy! [In reply to] Can't Post

Happy Birthday and Torniversary! Smile

I enjoyed your mathom very much and agree whole-heartedly! Smile

You realize that life goes fast
It's hard to make the good things last
You realize the sun doesn't go down
It's just an illusion caused by the world spinning 'round

~Do You Realize?, The Flaming Lips

Ithilisa
Rivendell

Jan 17 2015, 4:05am

Post #15 of 19 (94 views)
Shortcut
Happy Birthday! [In reply to] Can't Post

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary!

"I name you Elf-friend; and may the stars shine upon the end of your road!" - Gildor

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jan 17 2015, 10:28pm

Post #16 of 19 (88 views)
Shortcut
Happy Birthday/Torniversary, Eventides! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Your love is like radiant diamonds
Bursting inside us we cannot contain
Your love will surely come find us
Like blazing wild fires singing Your name.

God of mercy sweet love of mine
I have surrendered to Your design
May this offering stretch across the skies
And these Halleluiahs be multiplied"

-"Multiplied" by Needtobreathe

Starling
Half-elven

Jan 17 2015, 10:33pm

Post #17 of 19 (87 views)
Shortcut
Happy TORnibirthary! :-) // [In reply to] Can't Post

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 18 2015, 4:54am

Post #18 of 19 (88 views)
Shortcut
Happy B'day and TORniversary Evey! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love your story :) Isn't this the best place EVER!?

Happy Happy Day, m'dear! *raises mug* Here's to a buhzillion more! :D

Hobbit: BotFA Geeky Observation List draft #4

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - May 15, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Jan 23 2015, 5:44pm

Post #19 of 19 (70 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, everyone! :) :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.