Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
Thorin - new Kimberly80 image *SQUEE* you guys!!!

Avandel
Half-elven

Jan 15 2015, 5:00pm

Post #1 of 6 (1194 views)
Shortcut
Thorin - new Kimberly80 image *SQUEE* you guys!!! Can't Post

Love this artist, check out her gallery - exquisite color!

http://kimberly80.deviantart.com/...randfather-506801382

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Jan 15 2015, 8:37pm

Post #2 of 6 (1003 views)
Shortcut
Wow, that's amazing! [In reply to] Can't Post

We saw that exact look in the hall of kings, didn't we? I think it's the slightly parted mouth that nails it.

“Tollers,” Lewis said to Tolkien, “there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves.”

Dwarewien
Rohan

Jan 15 2015, 11:18pm

Post #3 of 6 (1007 views)
Shortcut
Nice... [In reply to] Can't Post

and I love the look on Thorin's face during the gold floor scene. Also, are you on deviantArt? The reason I'm asking is because somebody put *SQUEE* in one of the comments so I was wondering if it was you. If so, look me up, I have the same username (except with hypens between the words). I even joined a Thorin Oakenshield fan club (there's a few of them. I joined the one with the most members). Also, if you are, you can read the more intense fan fics of the link I sent you (since you have to be a member to read those. I posted a comment on the bonus, which I also favored, along with the accompanying artwork. OMG! I haven't gotten around to reading the rest of them yet, since I've been too busy with Tumblr lately. That site can be addicting).Smile

"Will you follow me... one last time?"

Arveldis
Rivendell

Jan 16 2015, 7:48pm

Post #4 of 6 (978 views)
Shortcut
Ooh! [In reply to] Can't Post

Very nice. Thorin's frightened, haunted eyes are captured perfectly. You can tell without even looking at the title that he's deep in the throes of the dragon sickness.

I love this artist's work. I've only seen her depictions of characters from The Silmarillion, so I had no idea she created paintings for The Hobbit and LotR. Something new to check out. Smile

Kim
Valinor

Jan 16 2015, 8:53pm

Post #5 of 6 (1012 views)
Shortcut
That's beautiful [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for sharing. She really captured that moment wonderfully. Evil

#OneLastTime

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jan 30 2015, 6:17pm

Post #6 of 6 (955 views)
Shortcut
wow [In reply to] Can't Post

wow

Na 'Aear, na 'Aear! Mưl 'lain nallol, I sûl ribiel a i falf 'loss reviol...
To the sea, to the sea, the white gulls are crying, the wind is blowing and the white foam is flying...

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.