Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
What will the last hobbit chronicle book be about ?

hood815
The Shire

Jan 13 2015, 11:58pm

Post #1 of 11 (769 views)
Shortcut
What will the last hobbit chronicle book be about ? Can't Post

Title says it all ! I sure am going to miss these books.

Defiant
Bree

Jan 14 2015, 4:08am

Post #2 of 11 (432 views)
Shortcut
Battles! [In reply to] Can't Post

I heard or read somewhere it was going to be a behind the scenes look at the weapons, armour, creatures and staging of all the battles of the last film. I am expecting a kind of mix between the blue and the green one, but covering BOTFA. I also heard it was coming out later in the year, presumably so it could include extended edition stuff, being the last one.

deskp
Lorien

Jan 14 2015, 5:56am

Post #3 of 11 (375 views)
Shortcut
well [In reply to] Can't Post

Nomatter the release time all the books have included extended edition stuff.

Defiant
Bree

Jan 14 2015, 8:27am

Post #4 of 11 (332 views)
Shortcut
Mmmm [In reply to] Can't Post

Concept art, yeah, but I got the impression they meant final film imagery. I'm working from memory here, but I don't think any of the past behind the scenes imagery has been from extended editions, though I could be wrong.

dormouse
Half-elven

Jan 14 2015, 8:56am

Post #5 of 11 (340 views)
Shortcut
Is there definitely going to be another book? [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't find any mention of it anywhere

Silmaril
Rohan

Jan 14 2015, 9:29am

Post #6 of 11 (354 views)
Shortcut
Release Date: 23 May 2015 [In reply to] Can't Post

The Hobbit: The Motion Picture Trilogy – The Battle of the Five Armies. Chronicles

288 pages

http://www.klett-cotta.de/...er_Fuenf_Heere/55899

http://www.amazon.de/...rds=hobbit+chroniken

(This post was edited by Silmaril on Jan 14 2015, 9:38am)

dormouse
Half-elven

Jan 14 2015, 9:42am

Post #7 of 11 (302 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Brilliant! Smile

They're a gorgeous series of books. As the title of the last one seems to be 'The Film Trilogy' I suspect it will be similar to the final 'Art of....' book from the previous trilogy in that it will look at the three films as one and draw material from all three that hasn't been used before.

Timdalf
Rivendell

Jan 14 2015, 1:46pm

Post #8 of 11 (264 views)
Shortcut
Stay tuned... [In reply to] Can't Post

Someone who ought to know told me Weta is considering doing a similar series of books for LotR!! Yep... So write them and tell them you would buy them. It might help get that ball rolling!

Dcole4
Rohan

Jan 14 2015, 4:49pm

Post #9 of 11 (231 views)
Shortcut
Daniel Falconer [In reply to] Can't Post

Responded to a question about these books and said he has plans beyond the next one. So this next one certainly won't be the last.

DjU
Lorien

Jan 14 2015, 6:26pm

Post #10 of 11 (192 views)
Shortcut
Placeholder [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Brilliant! Smile

They're a gorgeous series of books. As the title of the last one seems to be 'The Film Trilogy' I suspect it will be similar to the final 'Art of....' book from the previous trilogy in that it will look at the three films as one and draw material from all three that hasn't been used before.

I wouldn't read to much into that title. I imagine its just called that because its a placeholder.

From Daniel Falconer in Mid-December

Chronicle VI will be out in the second half 2015, though the exact dates are still being worked out. The theme of the book is warfare. It focuses on the conflicts of the third film and what was made to depict them.

And as has been mentioned the sixth Chronicles book in not the last in the plan yet;

From Daniel Falconer in October/November time

We have absolutely discussed plans for books beyond Chronicles V & VI and right now the plan is that there will be some, though their exact content is still somewhat subject to change. I'll happily tell you more about them once we're a little further down the road, but for the short term I'm going to keep those details secret. It's a little too early to make any promises or raise expectations about what will be in them. Suffice to say, we're not done with Middle-earth yet.

dormouse
Half-elven

Jan 14 2015, 6:43pm

Post #11 of 11 (203 views)
Shortcut
Ah - OK, thanks.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be interesting. I hadn't seen those quotations from Daniel Falconer.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.