Bree

Jan 13 2015, 3:26pm

Post #1 of 6 (660 views)
Shortcut
Some DOS questions Can't Post

Varying number of Barrels

Bilbo launched 13 Barrels.
But 14 Barrels ended up on Bards ship.

What happened? I mean, Bombur damaged 1 Barrel beyond repair due to his Donkey Kong Action, right?
And where did Bomburs 2nd Barrel come from?

Missing Bell Tower

In the establishing shot of Lake Town, i can't find the Bell Tower that Bard will use in BOT5A to do some 'dragon diplomacy'.

My English is not that good, my Elvish is better ;-)

Azaghâl
Lorien

Jan 13 2015, 3:40pm

Post #2 of 6 (385 views)
Shortcut
"This would look very cool!" [In reply to] Can't Post

This sentence is what created some weird plot holes and stupid decisions in all of PJ's ME movies. Especially in the Hobbit movies.

Some would say it has also provided great entertainment.

*Baruk khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!*

Brandybuckled
Lorien

Jan 13 2015, 3:51pm

Post #3 of 6 (357 views)
Shortcut
#1 Orcs brought their own barrel fleet but ended up going over the wall; and [In reply to] Can't Post

#2 That tower is an ingenious telescoping creation that can be retracted. Alfrid (the da Vinci/Archimedes of Laketown) invented it.

NAArP: Not An Ardent purist since Arda was dented

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jan 13 2015, 4:01pm

Post #4 of 6 (344 views)
Shortcut
Bard recovered some older barrels? [In reply to] Can't Post

Perhaps some barrels from an earlier release got hung up in the river and finally broke loose?

"The Great Scaly One protects us from alien invaders and ourselves with his fiery atomic love. It can be a tough love - the “folly of man” and all that - but Godzilla is a fair god.

"Godzilla is totally accepting of all people and faiths. For it is written that liberal or conservative, Christian or Muslim or Jew, straight or gay, all people sound pretty much the identical as they are crushed beneath his mighty feet."
- Tony Isabella, The First Church of Godzilla (Reform)

Arandir
Gondor

Jan 13 2015, 6:24pm

Post #5 of 6 (269 views)
Shortcut
Bell Tower in the Teaser Trailer [In reply to] Can't Post

I've yet to re-watch DoS to check about the missing bell tower, but it certainly made an appearance in the teaser trailer (here).

It's interesting that there's no bell attached and in the final trailer, that same tower was removed - no wonder you didn't find it in the film!

I wonder whether it had anything to do with a change from the windlance tower. Perhaps that was where Bard was originally going to make his stand and they changed it later on (?)

'A Tolkienist's Perspective' Blog
Why we Love 'Sherlock'
'How Peter Jackson inches closer to making 'The Silmarillion'

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jan 13 2015, 7:12pm

Post #6 of 6 (279 views)
Shortcut
Here's a comparison [In reply to] Can't Post

http://youtu.be/nJFfpIKfMU0?t=7m20s

The trailer and the Blu-ray at 7:20. The bell tower is removed.

It's weird, because its such a good hint at what's to come and IMO the composition of the shot is better in the trailer. The bell-tower sort of reveals the boat as we pan across. I wonder why it was removed.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.