Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Have you seen The Battle of Five Armies yet?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: Have you seen The Battle of Five Armies yet?
Yes, I have seen it more than once
Yes, I have seen it once
Not yet, but I plan to see it in theaters
Not yet, I plan to wait for DVD/Blu-ray/streaming
I don't plan to watch it at all.
Other (please let us know what I missed)
View Results (95 votes)

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Jan 9 2015, 9:48pm

Post #1 of 36 (1050 views)
Shortcut
Have you seen The Battle of Five Armies yet? Can't Post

Just curious.

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jan 9 2015, 9:56pm

Post #2 of 36 (726 views)
Shortcut
I have [In reply to] Can't Post

Five times so far.

Brethil
Half-elven

Jan 9 2015, 10:19pm

Post #3 of 36 (717 views)
Shortcut
Only twice [In reply to] Can't Post

which is a new low for me for these films and it saddens me. Too much real-life madness, pain and chaos these days. I am hoping for more views soon - and sharing it with beloved friends as well (as it should be).

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jan 9 2015, 10:26pm

Post #4 of 36 (711 views)
Shortcut
Twice. [In reply to] Can't Post

I loved it both times and wish I could see it again, but now I don't have the time or money.

Dwarewien
Rohan

Jan 9 2015, 10:49pm

Post #5 of 36 (710 views)
Shortcut
Going for the fourth time on Sunday... [In reply to] Can't Post

regardless of the fact that it leaves me emotionally drained afterwards. This will be the first time I'll see it in 2D, since the other three times were in 3D (once in the new HFR 3D, and two times in the regular RealD 3D). It's still playing in 3D, but the matinee is way too early, so I have to go to the 2D showing. Being emotional during the dreadful moments is not going to keep me out of theaters, since Thorin looks much better on a large movie screen (and in 3D) than on the small 28' inch TV screen that I have at home (which is the biggest TV I've owned so far). Hopefully I'll get to see it in 3D again before it leaves theaters (which won't be until it goes through both our theaters, so it could be playing right up until it gets released on Blu-ray and DVD).Smile

cats16
Half-elven

Jan 9 2015, 11:31pm

Post #6 of 36 (700 views)
Shortcut
Yes... [In reply to] Can't Post

Just caught it for the third time this afternoon. I think this will be the last time, simply because my schedule may not allow for it in the coming weeks. We shall see.

Gianna
Rohan

Jan 9 2015, 11:44pm

Post #7 of 36 (704 views)
Shortcut
Just once so far [In reply to] Can't Post

I do hope to see it again before it's out of theatres, if only because I intend to write a review of it. As well, I'm sure there are things I missed when I saw it a couple weeks ago, not to mention that Martin's and Richard's performances alone would make it worth a second see!

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Jan 10 2015, 12:24am

Post #8 of 36 (708 views)
Shortcut
Well, I had a ticket twice... [In reply to] Can't Post

but whether or not I truly 'saw' it the first time is debatable. ;)

I would have been virtually lynched by a number of members for posting my rolling inner commentary and quiet sound effects here after the first viewing. I didn't figure the Admins needed the extra work it would create, so I didn't speak at all. I needed to see it again, anyway, just to be fair.

The second time was with the no-longer-quite-so-hobbity cousins. I always prepare them for new and different things, but neutrally. I had a very different viewing experience from the first time, but still haven't felt a burning desire to share my views with the hordes over there... =)

Lissuin
Valinor

Jan 10 2015, 1:11am

Post #9 of 36 (703 views)
Shortcut
Over there, over there, [In reply to] Can't Post

Send the word, send the word to beware!
Laugh

My impressions have been coming out in dribs and drabs over there. I loved BOTFA the first time (didn't love the first two films until I'd seen the 2D versions), but I've seen it five times now and it gets better every time. It seems to be slowing down, and I also think it's becoming my movie in a selective sort of amnesia anticipating the bits I love and mentally zoning out during the few other weird moments [(cough!) massive stone walls falling to pieces at the touch of an elf prince].

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Jan 10 2015, 2:03am

Post #10 of 36 (675 views)
Shortcut
Yup. [In reply to] Can't Post

I have seen it five times. And I plan to see it one last time later this month before it leaves theaters here in the US. But with the holidays over and work/school back in full swing I have less time!Smile

Spriggan
Tol Eressea

Jan 10 2015, 2:34am

Post #11 of 36 (691 views)
Shortcut
Just once. [In reply to] Can't Post

I usually only see films once at the cinema!

Gwytha
Rohan

Jan 10 2015, 7:47am

Post #12 of 36 (679 views)
Shortcut
Only once but by rights [In reply to] Can't Post

I ought to have seen it at least three times by now. I had a weirdly difficult time getting the EE version of DOS and I wanted to see that right before BOTFA. But my second time is tomorrow.

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Jan 10 2015, 10:15am

Post #13 of 36 (671 views)
Shortcut
Twice [In reply to] Can't Post

OhioHobbit and I have seen the movie twice. We wanted to see it more, but since the theater closed in our area we have to drive 40 miles to see movies. Christmas, New Years and bad weather have conspired to keep us from going to the big city! Wink 2D will be our option if the weather cooperates. The 3D is too late in the afternoon and we don't want to drive home in winter weather in the dark.

wonderinglinguist
Lorien

Jan 10 2015, 3:12pm

Post #14 of 36 (673 views)
Shortcut
This will be [In reply to] Can't Post

...the only Middle-Earth film I've seen just once in theaters. Which is sad, really, but I'm too disappointed to waste any more money on it Unimpressed
The next time I see it will be when the EE comes out.

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Jan 10 2015, 10:17pm

Post #15 of 36 (650 views)
Shortcut
Uh. . . [In reply to] Can't Post

When do you study? Crazy

Do we eat hot-buttered popcorn over there? Tongue

Milk duds? TongueTongue

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jan 10 2015, 10:29pm

Post #16 of 36 (644 views)
Shortcut
When I'm not in the theatre [In reply to] Can't Post

Duh! AngelicTongue

Annael
Immortal

Jan 11 2015, 12:12am

Post #17 of 36 (628 views)
Shortcut
I've seen each Hobbit film just once in the theater. [In reply to] Can't Post

And rented the DVD once for each of the first two. Mostly to confirm that no, I'm not buying that.

Starglass
Rivendell

Jan 11 2015, 1:31am

Post #18 of 36 (616 views)
Shortcut
How is the RealD 3D? [In reply to] Can't Post

I've only seen the movie once, in 2D, but I'm going to see it again early next week. I want to see it in 3D, but the only option (as far as I know) in my theater is RealD 3D. Is it still worth it? Ideally, i wanted the HFR...

I've never seen any of the others in 3D and this is my last chance!

Starglass
Rivendell

Jan 11 2015, 1:31am

Post #19 of 36 (628 views)
Shortcut
Once... [In reply to] Can't Post

...but my second time is planned for early next week. My first was in 2D.

Misto
Lorien

Jan 12 2015, 8:17pm

Post #20 of 36 (595 views)
Shortcut
I still haven't seen it [In reply to] Can't Post

As someone who just does not want to cope with 3D the closure of my local cinema has left me in a bit of a weird place: I would have to drive to the city to see it in 2D (our other cinema only does 3D and I'd rather rip my eyes out than sit through three hours of 3D). And after watching the second Hobbit EE on DVD as well as gathering bits and pieces of opinion about BOFTA... I'm just not really excited enough to get into the car and drive some 20 minutes to another cinema.
On the other hand I'd like to see it on the big screen, because I guess it will excite me even less on DVD but I keep putting it off.

(This post was edited by Misto on Jan 12 2015, 8:18pm)

Arandiel
Grey Havens

Jan 12 2015, 8:23pm

Post #21 of 36 (585 views)
Shortcut
Once, with my kids [In reply to] Can't Post

per usual. We splurge on the HFR tickets, then wait for the DVD/BluRay for subsequent viewing.

Theodora
The Shire

Jan 12 2015, 9:46pm

Post #22 of 36 (577 views)
Shortcut
Yes 4 times! [In reply to] Can't Post

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Jan 13 2015, 12:34am

Post #23 of 36 (580 views)
Shortcut
Ha! [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't have quite the reaction you did; I suspended disbelief and enjoyed it on that level, and particularly enjoyed the things that did work (spoons!). But I understand completely :-) I was kind of doing the same thing last week when Uncle Baggins and I were re-watching TTT EE in our living room, except there I could make my comments out loud. "He fell?"

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Jan 13 2015, 12:35am

Post #24 of 36 (583 views)
Shortcut
Just once. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll probably wait for the EE to see it again.

Patty
Immortal

Jan 13 2015, 1:37pm

Post #25 of 36 (564 views)
Shortcut
No, not yet... [In reply to] Can't Post

This is so unlike me. I saw Fellowship 20 times in the movie theater.
But I am thinking I will be waiting to watch this last half that movie on the big screen TV at home. It's just a difference in how much I enjoyed the Lord of the rings story as opposed to the Hobbit.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.