Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XXXV
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Adrianna
Lorien

Jan 8 2015, 3:43pm

Post #126 of 204 (2711 views)
Shortcut
     That's really cute! [In reply to]  

I love the drama that he brought. While Legolas looks quite embarrassed and Thorin's is like like what is he doing.

"I did free him. I freed his wretched head from his miserable shoulders."

Adrianna
Lorien

Jan 8 2015, 3:52pm

Post #127 of 204 (2705 views)
Shortcut
     Me, too [In reply to]  

I was quite upset always when Bubba fell. I was like Nooooo! Especially when he was galloping down towards the entrance that was so cool. Bubba picked up I think it was about five orcs with its antlers and he chopped off there head straight across.

Now how many elves can do that?

Zero th

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jan 8 2015, 4:00pm

Post #128 of 204 (2704 views)
Shortcut
     Don't mind at all :) [In reply to]  

In fact, I was going to suggest the same thing, if no one else had.

Happy Hobbity New Year! :D

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jan 8 2015, 5:04pm

Post #129 of 204 (2701 views)
Shortcut
     Erm, General notice to Fellow Thralls... [In reply to]  

As Kerewyn pointed out to Adrianna, everyone here needs to be more careful about following certain *cough* "trains of thought" when we post on here. I know it's easy to get carried away with how attractive LP and Thranduil are, but TORn is a PG site and, like Kerewyn said, some posts have been close to crossing the line, if they haven't crossed it already.

I think we're in enough trouble as it is, so let's keep it clean please.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 8 2015, 5:12pm

Post #130 of 204 (2672 views)
Shortcut
     Yes, family-friendly, please! // [In reply to]  

SunnyD
Rivendell

Jan 8 2015, 5:15pm

Post #131 of 204 (2678 views)
Shortcut
     A fine horseman [In reply to]  

For Thralls who remember our earlier discussions about LP in The Fall (this is where I need the TA index that we haven't created yet!)
In an interview, LP says how thrilling it was when they filmed the scene where he rides his horse quite fast while saying to camera "Tell me Alexandra, do you speak English?" This popped into my mind as I watched Thranduil dashing on Bubba through his troops, yelling a command to them in Elvish, and I wonder if LP drew on his previous filming and was equally thrilled.

He's a fine horseman. I think he would probably have needed a stunt man for only one instance, and that's the forward roll off Bubba. But I'd like to think he did that stunt himself. (especially since he played a stunt man in The Fall!)

Were you thinking of this scene, Kerewyn? Cool

Yes, he has a really nice seat (horse riding lingo - get yer minds back into PG territory!). Wink

(This post was edited by SunnyD on Jan 8 2015, 5:19pm)

SunnyD
Rivendell

Jan 8 2015, 5:29pm

Post #132 of 204 (2685 views)
Shortcut
     Mirkwood Family comix [In reply to]  

... Thranduil on piano the other day. This is a nice drawing.

Phantom of the Opera

LOL, that's a good one. Here's another cute comic about our favorite Mirkwood Family:

The origins of Legolas

On_the_partyelk
Lorien

Jan 8 2015, 5:35pm

Post #133 of 204 (2670 views)
Shortcut
     Drama Queen [In reply to]  

Haha. Laugh I love drawings where Thranduil embarrasses his son. They're too funny.

The fortunes of the world will rise and fall, but here in this kingdom we will endure!

SunnyD
Rivendell

Jan 8 2015, 5:38pm

Post #134 of 204 (2672 views)
Shortcut
     I hope it's okay to show guns [In reply to]  

Here's a first look at Lee in his next movie, "Revolt":

Hmm-mm-mmm, look at those guns! Heart (The machine gun isn't bad either.) And those long legs -- OOOF, I think I just thudded myself again... Wink

Don't really know much about this movie other than the scanty information provided on IMDb.

On_the_partyelk
Lorien

Jan 8 2015, 5:38pm

Post #135 of 204 (2662 views)
Shortcut
     d'aweeeeee [In reply to]  

This is beyond utterly cute. Thanks for sharing. Smile

First how he made his crown and then baby!Leggy. Heart

The fortunes of the world will rise and fall, but here in this kingdom we will endure!

(This post was edited by On_the_partyelk on Jan 8 2015, 5:46pm)

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jan 8 2015, 5:40pm

Post #136 of 204 (2661 views)
Shortcut
     You're right. [In reply to]  

Only I thought Elrond's wife wasn't dead but after her Orc encouter was too deeply (mentally?) damaged that she sailed to the UD aka Valinor (the place to be!

Whoops, you're right, she did sail to Valinor. I think I got my storyline wires crossed there.Blush With that in mind you're also right that dead/sailed to Valinor could be too different things, although I'm not entirely clear on Tolkien's lore here.

My understanding is that when both Elves and Men are slain/die of old age, they go to the Halls of Mandos, (Mandos being the Valar who is in charge of dead souls) but while elves stay in the Halls until either the end of the world, or until they choose to reincarnate, Men have to go on to a separate place which the Elves no nothing about.

On the topic of elven reincarnation, I *think* I saw somewhere that while dead elves do have the option of reincarnation, they frequently choose not to reincarnate. Probably because they'd rather stay in peace in the Halls of Mandos and/or Valinor than come back and deal with the troubles of the mortal world again. One elf who we're pretty sure reincarnated is good ol' Glorfindel. He, along with an elf named Echthelion made a valiant effort to defend those who escaped the great elven city of Gondolin when it was attacked by Morgoth during the First Age of ME, but both of them died. In Glorfindel's case, he killed a Balrog, but both he and the Balrog fell, and so he died too. Then, he apparently reincarnated at some point because he showed up again as a very powerful elf-lord and helped hold off the Ring Wraiths and get Frodo to Rivendell in FOTR. (Glorfindel was my very first elf-crush, btw.Angelic) Anyway, since dead elves often choose not to reincarnate, and PB seemed to be saying that his wife really did die, Thranduil probably doesn't have a lot of hope that his wife will reincarnate.

The one thing I can't remember at all is whether or not dead elves get to move on and go to Valinor with their not-dead loved ones after they've stayed in the the Halls of Mandos for a while, or if they have to stay separately in the Halls of Mandos until the end of the world.

Adrianna
Lorien

Jan 8 2015, 6:11pm

Post #137 of 204 (2635 views)
Shortcut
     How sad! [In reply to]  

That would be if Thranduil's wife decided not to reincarnate. I mean she have had to know how much he loved her and would love to see her again in Valinor.

I mean if I had that oppourtunity I would have taken it.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Jan 8 2015, 6:12pm

Post #138 of 204 (2646 views)
Shortcut
     Sorry you are taking a break [In reply to]  

Quite understand, though. For what it is worth, I did agree with your thoughts, which were put so well in that post.

I enjoy your posts a lot, and look forward to reading/seeing many more of them!

Take care.Wink

Adrianna
Lorien

Jan 8 2015, 6:17pm

Post #139 of 204 (2633 views)
Shortcut
     Looks like [In reply to]  

a scene from Rambo!Laugh

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jan 8 2015, 6:22pm

Post #140 of 204 (2624 views)
Shortcut
     LP's parents didn't make the cut [In reply to]  

Anyway. I think I've noticed the scene in which LP's parents may be extras. He says in Empire that they are Laketown refugees, standing beside Gandalf, and that his mother is holding a stick topped with kitchen knives.
In this TE version, the only scene where that all comes together is down on the field before the battle commences, when general insult-trading with Dain is taking place. There was Gandalf with a line of weapon-wielding Laketowners standing behind him.And I think I saw the kitchen knives stick. But I'm gonna need the DVD so I can pause there. Maybe they didn't make this cut.

I finally got that issue of Empire (Woohoo!Cool) and I noticed he said they'd be there and that PJ gave him mom a closeup, but I also remember him saying in his later Hobbit Twitter Q&A that they'd be in the EE, so I think they didn't make the cut for the theatrical.

Re LP being a good horseman: I agree. I really hope the BotFA EE Appendices will have WAY more Thranduil bits than the DOS EE Appendices did and I hope they'll show him riding the horse named Moose that played Bubba the Elk.Angelic

I kinda don't think LP had a stuntman for the roll off Bubba though. I think I remember seeing somewhere that he did some stunt work "on the wire" and that was the only stunt he did that IMO would require a wire. Bubba's actual fall would have been totally CGI of course and Thranduil probably turned CGI for a minute too, but it would have been easy enough for the effects department to do like they did with several Leggy stunts in DOS and combine CGI and live footage from the actor to get the final stunt we see in the film.

Adrianna
Lorien

Jan 8 2015, 6:23pm

Post #141 of 204 (2621 views)
Shortcut
     Aaahhhh! [In reply to]  

that is so cute. It's really cool what some artists comes up with.

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jan 8 2015, 6:29pm

Post #142 of 204 (2613 views)
Shortcut
     Leggy's already THUDworthy to me [In reply to]  

Don't get me wrong, Thrandy is quite hawt, but I can't help but *THUD* over Leggy too!Heart I just love his youthfulness and his face, and those eyes, and how he turned out to be a better person in LOTR and... *THUD*Laugh There I go again.Blush

I love him, my aunt loves him, my 92 yr old Grandmother loves him, the cashier at the Hallmark store that my mom talked to when she bought me a Hobbit ornament loves him...You get the idea.Wink

SunnyD
Rivendell

Jan 8 2015, 6:30pm

Post #143 of 204 (2630 views)
Shortcut
     Lee as alpha male [In reply to]  

Looks like
a scene from Rambo!Laugh

Heheheh, maybe that's why his character's name in the movie is "Bo"! Wink

If any Thralls feel like hitting/smashing something, let Joe MacMillan (another of Lee's alpha male characters) do it for you! Tongue

Bonus gif:

Yes, Cameron, we know exactly how you feel!! Cool

(Click on images for full gifset)

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jan 8 2015, 6:32pm

Post #144 of 204 (2617 views)
Shortcut
     Take care, Lurker [In reply to]  

See you when you get back.Smile

On_the_partyelk
Lorien

Jan 8 2015, 6:37pm

Post #145 of 204 (2634 views)
Shortcut
     something to laugh [In reply to]  

Just found this gem of a story, it's pure crack. Laugh

Deer are the Spawn of Sauron in which Elrond is whiny, Thranduil a bit mischievous, and there are also Lindir and Thranduil's elk!

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jan 8 2015, 6:38pm

Post #146 of 204 (2604 views)
Shortcut
     Lol! [In reply to]  

That's a good one!Laugh

Adrianna
Lorien

Jan 8 2015, 6:38pm

Post #147 of 204 (2606 views)
Shortcut
     Yes Indeed! [In reply to]  

Swing it! Like you mean it!

He really does incorporates in characters. It's like not only he becomes that character; he is that character.

Adrianna
Lorien

Jan 8 2015, 7:00pm

Post #148 of 204 (2594 views)
Shortcut
     That funny! [In reply to]  

I was just imaging how Elrond's facial expression was on that. I was rolling on the floor laughing.

Especially when the steed blew his hot breathe on the side of his face.Laugh

LOL!

Cassiopeia
Rivendell

Jan 8 2015, 9:35pm

Post #149 of 204 (2538 views)
Shortcut
     That was great [In reply to]  

Thank you for posting it, on_the_partyelk. It was just the medicine, I needed today. Not difficult to imagine the look on Elrond's face throughout the story. He frequently scowls as if he just stepped into a pile of disagreeable organic matter. Thranduil would have been amused.

Please call me, Cassie.

You started this... you will forgive me if I finish it!

J.R.R. Tolkien: In a great cave some miles within the edge of Mirkwood on its eastern side there lived at this time their greatest king

Cassiopeia
Rivendell

Jan 8 2015, 9:47pm

Post #150 of 204 (2535 views)
Shortcut
     Good to see progress [In reply to]  

News has been slow coming forth on this movie. The director, Joe Miale has teased that the trailer for Revolt is a killer on his Twitter. Very nice to see Bo (Lee Pace) in action.

Please call me, Cassie.

You started this... you will forgive me if I finish it!

J.R.R. Tolkien: In a great cave some miles within the edge of Mirkwood on its eastern side there lived at this time their greatest king

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.