The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
The Hobbit 1982 Video Game Now Available for Free

troiano220
The Shire

Jan 8 2015, 12:23am

Post #1 of 5 (1386 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit 1982 Video Game Now Available for Free Can't Post

If you've been on Facebook lately, you would have seen a trending article about Oregon Trail becoming available to play online for free on an archival website. In the same collection was this game based on The Hobbit. Enjoy!

https://archive.org/...sdos_Hobbit_The_1983

BoromirOfWinterfell
Rohan

Jan 9 2015, 5:59am

Post #2 of 5 (1202 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've always wanted to play it! My father played it as a kid and has fond memories of it. Smile

"Eala Earendel engla beorhtast
ofer middangeard monnum sended."

"There is nothing so absurd but some philosopher has said it." - Cicero

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jan 9 2015, 2:05pm

Post #3 of 5 (1183 views)
Shortcut
I remember that! [In reply to] Can't Post

Those were the days when all of my friends seemed to have Commodore 64s or Amigas and the tape drive ruled. I never played the game myself beyond dabbling with a friend's copy.

"The Great Scaly One protects us from alien invaders and ourselves with his fiery atomic love. It can be a tough love - the “folly of man” and all that - but Godzilla is a fair god.

"Godzilla is totally accepting of all people and faiths. For it is written that liberal or conservative, Christian or Muslim or Jew, straight or gay, all people sound pretty much the identical as they are crushed beneath his mighty feet."
- Tony Isabella, The First Church of Godzilla (Reform)

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jan 9 2015, 2:13pm

Post #4 of 5 (1412 views)
Shortcut
Used to play this on my Amstrad CPC 464 [In reply to] Can't Post

Good times. And a cool reminder how far we've come with computers Smile

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Feb 19 2015, 10:08pm

Post #5 of 5 (1078 views)
Shortcut
Ha! The Commodore 64! [In reply to] Can't Post

Best gaming "console" of the 80s! And actually, my last gaming machine until the Nintendo 64 12 years later-- took a bit of a break from gaming, only playing peripherally at friend's houses through college and my mid-20s.

Never played this one-- i'll have to look into it.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.