Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XXXIV
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

AwiŽ
The Shire

Jan 7 2015, 1:35pm

Post #176 of 204 (1181 views)
Shortcut
     Seen and unseen [In reply to]  

This is a 'Watched' thread, so I will be here, though you may not see me often.

Mind you, one post in said 'Anti Thranduil' thread may need answering to at some point, so they may feel the bite of an elderly Thrall.

Off with his head. HA!

photo tumblr_n9fwqfbb5x1s2sc09o1_400_zpsuq2z6j3i.gif

'Elen sŪla lķmenn' omentielvo, a star shines on the hour of our meeting,' --JRR Tolkien--

(This post was edited by AwiŽ on Jan 7 2015, 1:38pm)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jan 7 2015, 1:41pm

Post #177 of 204 (1181 views)
Shortcut
     *LOL* [In reply to]  

In Reply To
It's a good thing Thranduil doesn't see what his boy's been up to Wink

Now where's the elfie Legolas asked Aragorn to take of him and Gimli...

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile
(Aaaaand a gushy Thranduil fangurl before The Hobbit movies; still a gushy Thranduil fangurl through them. Laugh)

HeartThranduil Appreciation. Threadcount: XXXIV
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII | XXIV | XXV | XXVI | XXVII | XXVIII | XXIX | XXX | XXXI | XXXII | XXXIII

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jan 7 2015, 1:43pm

Post #178 of 204 (1208 views)
Shortcut
     *waves* Hello, AwiŽ! [In reply to]  

Welcome, welcome, and thrice welcome! Make yourself comfy. Just don't be too STV, will you? Smile

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

(Aaaaand a gushy Thranduil fangurl before The Hobbit movies; still a gushy Thranduil fangurl through them. Laugh)

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII | XXIV | XXV | XXVI | XXVII | XXVIII | XXIX | XXX | XXXI | XXXII | XXXIII

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Jan 7 2015, 1:43pm)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jan 7 2015, 1:56pm

Post #179 of 204 (1197 views)
Shortcut
     The criminally missing reason 11 [In reply to]  

Headtilts!
http://beyzahea.tumblr.com/post/106834565114
http://beyzahea.tumblr.com/post/106834258069
http://darkastered.tumblr.com/...u-but-return-what-is
http://finqon.tumblr.com/post/106823263219

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jan 7 2015, 1:59pm

Post #180 of 204 (1140 views)
Shortcut
     Hello Brethil! [In reply to]  

Nice of you to drop bySmile

I had to google candle topper, but that is ubercool! Thanks for sharing!

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jan 7 2015, 2:01pm

Post #181 of 204 (1144 views)
Shortcut
     Nice! White stag! [In reply to]  

That's so thematic and seasonal. Good find, Eruvandi!

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jan 7 2015, 2:05pm

Post #182 of 204 (1133 views)
Shortcut
     Welcome, Adrianna [In reply to]  

Hope you're feeling better.

I do hope it was not the lack of responses to your posts that gave you the feeling. I'm sure it's nothing personal on the others, including moi. Sometimes we just miss things. Heaven knows I've any number of "ignored" posts since the beginning, particularly ones I thought superbly clever. EvilTongue Please feel better!

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jan 7 2015, 2:06pm

Post #183 of 204 (1168 views)
Shortcut
     Ditto! [In reply to]  

In Reply To
And I'd like to read more of that diary.

I want to know what amused Thranduil.Laugh

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jan 7 2015, 2:08pm

Post #184 of 204 (1143 views)
Shortcut
     Turning in... leaving this Pretty! as my swansong for TAXXXIV [In reply to]  

Y'all have fun!

=======

ltnjmy
Rivendell

Jan 7 2015, 2:43pm

Post #185 of 204 (1120 views)
Shortcut
     Quick AM Thud re our Dancing King ! [In reply to]  

Thanks SunnyD for those images. Wow, picking myself off the floor here at work whilst sneaking quick Thrandy peeks before starting work...Blush

On_the_partyelk
Lorien

Jan 7 2015, 3:09pm

Post #186 of 204 (1110 views)
Shortcut
     that one is great too [In reply to]  

I also have contemplated making a video, but finding a fitting song is not exactly easy. Can't take any rock or pop song for a Thranduil video.

The fortunes of the world will rise and fall, but here in this kingdom we will endure!

On_the_partyelk
Lorien

Jan 7 2015, 3:12pm

Post #187 of 204 (1107 views)
Shortcut
     LOL, I do what I can [In reply to]  

Besides, it was around 4am or later when I did that. I categorically refuse to take any blame regarding things I did at such hour. Crazy

The fortunes of the world will rise and fall, but here in this kingdom we will endure!

On_the_partyelk
Lorien

Jan 7 2015, 3:15pm

Post #188 of 204 (1112 views)
Shortcut
     Mhhmmm...his perfect hair [In reply to]  

I love when it's flowing in the wind. Makes him look even more majestic.

I can see myself writing an essay about Thranduil and every gorgeous piece of him, incl minimum two chapters dedicated to his smirk! Laugh

On_the_partyelk
Lorien

Jan 7 2015, 3:17pm

Post #189 of 204 (1154 views)
Shortcut
     Jealousy [In reply to]  

I betcha! Cause they will never be as good looking and as awesome as Thranduil. Wink And they will never be an elf to begin with. Tongue

On_the_partyelk
Lorien

Jan 7 2015, 3:29pm

Post #190 of 204 (1117 views)
Shortcut
     been there done that [In reply to]  

when you are in a fandom where FANS actively try to get a bandmember KICKED out of a band, such silly hate threads are merely making you raise an eyebrow, IF even! So, let them kids play in their one hate thread. We have THIRTY FOUR (going strong to number THIRTY FIVE) appreciation threads, what more can I say? Smile

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jan 7 2015, 3:42pm

Post #191 of 204 (1138 views)
Shortcut
     Er, I don't think it's meant to be taken that seriously. [In reply to]  

The OP in question, IMO, is actually a very nice guy from what I've seen of him on other parts of the board. Although it might come off the wrong way sometimes, he has a wry sense of humor and I'm 99.9% positive his "anti-Thranduil" posts are intended to be friendly tongue-in-cheek joking. It's just how his sense of humor is and I really don't think he means any harm or offense.Unsure Just my two cents.

Happy Hobbity New Year! :D

(This post was edited by Eruvandi on Jan 7 2015, 3:49pm)

Me85
Rivendell

Jan 7 2015, 3:54pm

Post #192 of 204 (1155 views)
Shortcut
     yeah [In reply to]  

I know he's just joking Smile
Thats why i said it's not to be take seriouslySmile

DanielLB
Immortal

Jan 7 2015, 4:20pm

Post #193 of 204 (1105 views)
Shortcut
     A little strong, perhaps? [In reply to]  

I'm not one for overstating my opinions (unless it involves purses), but if I were to agree with Bomby in that thread and say how I disliked Pace and the characterisation of Thranduil, then I would vehemently disapprove of being labelled a troll for doing so.

The thread is hardly designed for haters to hate or trolls to trolololol. It's for people with differing opinions from your own to discuss what they think didn't quite work.

There's no need for laughing. Opinions are opinions. Smile

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Jan 7 2015, 4:22pm)

SunnyD
Rivendell

Jan 7 2015, 4:43pm

Post #194 of 204 (1175 views)
Shortcut
     My opinion [In reply to]  

Adrianna
Lorien

Jan 7 2015, 5:10pm

Post #195 of 204 (1142 views)
Shortcut
     So Laid back [In reply to]  

Find this nice pretty of LP

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

"I did free him. I freed his wretched head from his miserable shoulders."

Adrianna
Lorien

Jan 7 2015, 5:13pm

Post #196 of 204 (1112 views)
Shortcut
     I would agree, Lurk [In reply to]  

I just laughed when I show that. I did sneak a peek in there. Besides they don't have nothing on the TA thread. We are holding strong and loud.

Onward to Thread 35. We rock and rule. Mad

On_the_partyelk
Lorien

Jan 7 2015, 5:26pm

Post #197 of 204 (1115 views)
Shortcut
     IDK what the thread said [In reply to]  

but when your headline includes the word ANTI you can't expect people to think you're joking, can you?! Not my kind of person to deal with then. just saying.

Plus: I am VERY protective of Thranduil! TDS, remember. Wink

On_the_partyelk
Lorien

Jan 7 2015, 5:36pm

Post #198 of 204 (1052 views)
Shortcut
     O.M.G. [In reply to]  

That smirk and then the serious face. *thud* Also neck. *thud thud* And eyes. *thuuuud*

Adrianna
Lorien

Jan 7 2015, 5:51pm

Post #199 of 204 (1315 views)
Shortcut
     Thranduil's Wife [In reply to]  

This was on mind as I was waking up.

Now there is no mention of her in the books. We know this for sure. So we know that he becomes an isolationist because of seeing his father and comrades being killed, all the wars and the return of Sauron. And I am guessing that yes his wife was probably killed or died because she's not there but do we really know how and when. When they showed him trying to pick up the necklace in AUJ EE; how long ago was that? I mean how long does it take to make a necklace? And then for Legolas to stated that he has no memory and no grave there is nothing, wellUnsure! I was going on the assumption that PJ and PB know what actually happen to her. But in essence they don't. Because PJ created Tauriel to explain parts of his arc when they really don't know. Is there anywhere in the books stating she died in Gundaba? Not from what I'm seeing. The only thing that's there is a necklace that he had made for his wife. I will eventually read the books myself to understand this better. Yes the elves love on a deeper level than humans but I cant' believe that he would not able to love again or go near it if it presents itself.
So I guess it's our own imagination to wonder what really happen to her and that part of his life since J R R Tolkien is no longer with us to explain this.

I'm probably making to big of an issue regarding this but it kinda of hit me this morning. They really don't know and this plot line was just added in to fill it out. But don't get me wrong I still enjoyed the movie. As a matter of fact plan on seeing it again today.

Adrianna
Lorien

Jan 7 2015, 5:55pm

Post #200 of 204 (1089 views)
Shortcut
     I mean really! [In reply to]  

Yeah that didn't sit well with me either. He could have named it something else.Mad

But hey that's how some people are.

There just haters. Let them carry on. We know it will not last. But TA willSmile!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.