Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XXXIV
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Cassiopeia
Rivendell

Jan 7 2015, 4:15am

Post #151 of 204 (2991 views)
Shortcut
     Me too [In reply to]  

Good night to one and all!

Please call me, Cassie.

You started this... you will forgive me if I finish it!

J.R.R. Tolkien: In a great cave some miles within the edge of Mirkwood on its eastern side there lived at this time their greatest king

Adrianna
Lorien

Jan 7 2015, 4:16am

Post #152 of 204 (2988 views)
Shortcut
     Me, too [In reply to]  

Thanks for the cheer up my fellow thralls.

Yes it's getting late here in the US. Wish I can stay up and have some more fun but must sleep.Can't afford to insomnia. LOL!

Til morning.

"I did free him. I freed his wretched head from his miserable shoulders."

Me85
Rivendell

Jan 7 2015, 4:25am

Post #153 of 204 (2987 views)
Shortcut
     there's another one [In reply to]  

In Reply To

The many faces of our king.

There is a beautiful fan video named similar to that. Thranduil/Lee Pace - Faces of the King

Have you seen the new version she made?? I have seen both videos so many times (too many times really...). I think the 2nd one is even betterSmile. Love the music too!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d5dTRAUmOX8

SunnyD
Rivendell

Jan 7 2015, 4:32am

Post #154 of 204 (2975 views)
Shortcut
     connected through ESP [In reply to]  

...or, Elvenking Sensing Powers! Cool

Yes, I have to turn in soon as well, but what a par-tay we had! Thanks, everyone, for all the pretty and the gifs and vids. And OMG, OTPE, that manip!!! ROFLMAO!!!

VValar
Gondor

Jan 7 2015, 11:07am

Post #155 of 204 (2918 views)
Shortcut
     You all have been quite active while I was gone [In reply to]  

Yet again have a lot of catching up to do. Bu I'm not complaining Cool

So I have these two questions for those who have either seen BOFA multiple times and/or have an excellent memory: That moment in the official BOFA trailer where we see Thranduil's army in front of the gates of Erebor shooting their arrows:

Do we see that moment in the actual movie? I can't seem to remember it but chances are my mind was too preoccupied with the actions of a certain Elven King that I completely missed it. I don't see him riding through his army on this picture either. It seems the Elves are firing their arrows in the general direction of Dain and his army of Dwarves, since the Orc army came from straight behind the Elven army (or so it appeared in the film). Do you think this could perhaps be a cut scene that will be in the EE's? Or did I really miss it and it was already in the theatrical version?

Another question: when Tauriel is grieving of Kili's body she says to Thranduil: 'They want to burry him' (or something similar), as if it's an outrageous thing to do with the dead. Thranduil replies matter of factly "Yes" as if it IS a normal thing to do (for Dwarves?). What did you think of this exchange? I can imagine it's an absolute common sense for a Dwarf to burry the dead since they're into digging, rocks and caves. But what about the Elves, how did they say goodbye to their loved ones? Is there something in the Tolkien literature that describes their parting ritual?

If your ears aren't pointy, you're doing it wrong.

VValar
Gondor

Jan 7 2015, 11:14am

Post #156 of 204 (2960 views)
Shortcut
     Cuteness overload [In reply to]  

Reminds me of a cute and cuddly puppy Heart
*attention gets drawn to those beautiful half opened lips*

VValar
Gondor

Jan 7 2015, 11:16am

Post #157 of 204 (2910 views)
Shortcut
     Welcome Alwi! [In reply to]  

You come to us with great taste in Elven King pictures. Does this mean you're in for the long run? Smile

Cassiopeia
Rivendell

Jan 7 2015, 11:20am

Post #158 of 204 (2915 views)
Shortcut
     Well after all [In reply to]  

He is our version of sleeping beauty and Prince Charming all rolled into one.

Please call me, Cassie.

J.R.R. Tolkien: In a great cave some miles within the edge of Mirkwood on its eastern side there lived at this time their greatest king

VValar
Gondor

Jan 7 2015, 11:24am

Post #159 of 204 (2911 views)
Shortcut
     *SQUEE* Thanks for the link to those gorgeous Thranduil stills [In reply to]  

*bookmarks the link*

This is just insane! When I saw this moment on the big IMAX screen with his hair blowing in the wind looking all defiant and sexy and Kingly *oef* I fell off my chair HeartHeart

VValar
Gondor

Jan 7 2015, 11:27am

Post #160 of 204 (2909 views)
Shortcut
     You got that right! [In reply to]  

I trust you had a wonderful sleep after posting this picture yourself?

Cassiopeia
Rivendell

Jan 7 2015, 11:34am

Post #161 of 204 (2904 views)
Shortcut
     IMAX 3D [In reply to]  

Wish I could install one in my living room for the BOFA EE. He is magnificent. Thudded as soon as he rode in on Bubba.

Please call me, Cassie.

VValar
Gondor

Jan 7 2015, 11:37am

Post #162 of 204 (2909 views)
Shortcut
     That look on Thorin's face is priceless [In reply to]  

Thanks for posting it Lurker. And lol at our Elven King who of course had to give that diagreeable Dwarf a 0/10.

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jan 7 2015, 11:52am

Post #163 of 204 (2895 views)
Shortcut
     Welcome, kiwifan! *woohoo* someone after my own... [In reply to]  

perv image of ThranduilHeart Besides, Tolkien always described his Elves as having grey eyesAngelic Always send a particular chill down the spine when Movie!Thranduil's eyes appear more greyish than blueHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile
(Aaaaand a gushy Thranduil fangurl before The Hobbit movies; still a gushy Thranduil fangurl through them. Laugh)

HeartThranduil Appreciation. Threadcount: XXXIV
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII | XXIV | XXV | XXVI | XXVII | XXVIII | XXIX | XXX | XXXI | XXXII | XXXIII

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jan 7 2015, 11:55am

Post #164 of 204 (2899 views)
Shortcut
     Leggy's too nice about it though [In reply to]  

Tongue

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

(Aaaaand a gushy Thranduil fangurl before The Hobbit movies; still a gushy Thranduil fangurl through them. Laugh)

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII | XXIV | XXV | XXVI | XXVII | XXVIII | XXIX | XXX | XXXI | XXXII | XXXIII

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jan 7 2015, 11:56am

Post #165 of 204 (2909 views)
Shortcut
     You're welcome [In reply to]  

Sure am glad your laptop dodged death though *PHEW*

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jan 7 2015, 11:58am

Post #166 of 204 (2899 views)
Shortcut
     glad it invoked the Thranduil images [In reply to]  

TongueHeart

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Jan 7 2015, 11:58am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jan 7 2015, 12:36pm

Post #167 of 204 (2882 views)
Shortcut
     I did, though not before threadlock [In reply to]  

Even though I am not brought up familiar with the lore, I know enough to appreciate the writing and plot. Light but still a nice through-line, and an interesting take.

Thanks!

btw... I just imagined these Three Kings perhaps entertaining themselves with song like this if they had to lounge around a fire under the stars Smile

=======

Me85
Rivendell

Jan 7 2015, 12:43pm

Post #168 of 204 (2904 views)
Shortcut
     that anti Thranduil thread [In reply to]  

BOOOOO

VValar
Gondor

Jan 7 2015, 12:50pm

Post #169 of 204 (2893 views)
Shortcut
     Better not reply to it [In reply to]  

It's just way too childish to waste your time with Unimpressed

Thranduil is generally unimpressed

Leave the mortals to their petty things. We Thralls got better things to do. Like celebrate the magnificence that is the Elven KingHeart

(This post was edited by VValar on Jan 7 2015, 12:53pm)

VValar
Gondor

Jan 7 2015, 12:56pm

Post #170 of 204 (2867 views)
Shortcut
     Re too nice Leggy [In reply to]  

It's a good thing Thranduil doesn't see what his boy's been up to Wink

(This post was edited by VValar on Jan 7 2015, 12:56pm)

VValar
Gondor

Jan 7 2015, 1:06pm

Post #171 of 204 (2877 views)
Shortcut
     Bubba [In reply to]  

If you install that IMAX theatre of yours in your livingroom, be sure to invite us over Smile

The Bubba entrance was cool indeed. Although I wished they would have had him galop and halt into Dale or just plain walking for extra fab- and kingliness.

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jan 7 2015, 1:06pm

Post #172 of 204 (2855 views)
Shortcut
     Glad to purvey rock god anytime, especially a violinist rock god [In reply to]  

In Reply To
You are right he is a violin playing rock god. (not too shabby on lead guitar, either Cool)

LoL! Hmm... yeah, looks like he could handle himself on the acoustic, so he got his lead guitar cred. He can even take the rhythm position too. Though, when he gets his showmanship up, I see shades of Steve Vai... and he bangs on the tremelo (warning: loud in-concert electric guitar solo-off) like it's a violin fiddle

oops... for relevanceAngelicHeart

=======

Me85
Rivendell

Jan 7 2015, 1:14pm

Post #173 of 204 (2977 views)
Shortcut
     i dont mind anyways [In reply to]  

It's not to be taken seriously.
He's right about one thing though. Thranduil doesn't fight any significant orcs.
Frown I hope we'll get to see more of Thranduil fighting in the EE and that PJ just had to cut his fighting scenes for the TE because they were too violent for a PG-13 movie. Cause he did say that was the reason he had to cut many of the orc killing scenes because they got an R rating.

(This post was edited by Me85 on Jan 7 2015, 1:15pm)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jan 7 2015, 1:21pm

Post #174 of 204 (2890 views)
Shortcut
     Listen to VValar, Thralls, if you feel the need to respond in defense, take a breath first [In reply to]  

That's not even the worst of it - if you've been around long enough you'd have seen the sad attempts. Still that's how some get their thrills, so let them. This is a public forum after all.

I wouldn't even give it time of day but we've got quite some new thralls entering TA so I thought I'd chime in and remind us: just don't feed no trolls. By all means, laugh at it. Then? Move on!WinkAngelic

As reward: here's a wholesome dose of Thranduil GiF (Aptly titled tooLaugh)

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Jan 7 2015, 1:33pm)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jan 7 2015, 1:34pm

Post #175 of 204 (2862 views)
Shortcut
     Bubba... this just... I guess it's a way for Bubba and Thranduil to hone their partnering skills [In reply to]  

LoL

=======

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.