Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XXXIII
First page Previous page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next page Last page  View All

Cassiopeia
Rivendell

Jan 5 2015, 9:49pm

Post #251 of 303 (357 views)
Shortcut
     My guess [In reply to]  

He would blush, and we would hear his thunderous laugh.

Please call me, Cassie.

You started this... you will forgive me if I finish it!

J.R.R. Tolkien: In a great cave some miles within the edge of Mirkwood on its eastern side there lived at this time their greatest king

On_the_partyelk
Lorien

Jan 5 2015, 9:49pm

Post #252 of 303 (357 views)
Shortcut
     the grip is important [In reply to]  

as well as the technique, of which I'm sure he has an excellent one. With both swords actually.

The fortunes of the world will rise and fall, but here in this kingdom we will endure!

On_the_partyelk
Lorien

Jan 5 2015, 9:54pm

Post #253 of 303 (350 views)
Shortcut
     there is something about [In reply to]  

him holding (and fighting with) his words. And it looks mighty cool on top of that.

The fortunes of the world will rise and fall, but here in this kingdom we will endure!

On_the_partyelk
Lorien

Jan 5 2015, 9:56pm

Post #254 of 303 (345 views)
Shortcut
     You know, [In reply to]  

I've just been thinking the same. Evil Probably read it and laugh in disbelieve what people drool over. Cool

On_the_partyelk
Lorien

Jan 5 2015, 9:57pm

Post #255 of 303 (342 views)
Shortcut
     You're welcome [In reply to]  

Smile

Cassiopeia
Rivendell

Jan 5 2015, 9:58pm

Post #256 of 303 (338 views)
Shortcut
     His fault too [In reply to]  

On Twitter he has provided us with pictures of his feet as well of the one of just his eyes/eyebrows.

Please call me, Cassie.

J.R.R. Tolkien: In a great cave some miles within the edge of Mirkwood on its eastern side there lived at this time their greatest king

On_the_partyelk
Lorien

Jan 5 2015, 10:03pm

Post #257 of 303 (331 views)
Shortcut
     Haha, yep [In reply to]  

He's so asking for it. Wink

Cassiopeia
Rivendell

Jan 5 2015, 10:08pm

Post #258 of 303 (326 views)
Shortcut
     I would bet my last dollar [In reply to]  

He is well aware of the firestorm he has created on tumblr, however, he is modest and sweet.

Please call me, Cassie.

SunnyD
Rivendell

Jan 5 2015, 10:08pm

Post #259 of 303 (327 views)
Shortcut
     Did somebody say hands? [In reply to]  

Gah, I love his beautiful hands... Heart

(clicky for more images of Lee's beautiful hands)

The man is just a walking collection of my fetishes.

Adrianna
Lorien

Jan 5 2015, 10:11pm

Post #260 of 303 (318 views)
Shortcut
     Submit! [In reply to]  

Strong enough to toss bales of hay around.

Would I love to wrestle with him and those hands. I'll holla uncle anytime. I wouldn't even fight back.

EvilHeart

"I did free him. I freed his wretched head from his miserable shoulders."

Cassiopeia
Rivendell

Jan 5 2015, 10:22pm

Post #261 of 303 (306 views)
Shortcut
     I would just... [In reply to]  

thud amongst the bales of hay.

Please call me, Cassie.

On_the_partyelk
Lorien

Jan 5 2015, 10:26pm

Post #262 of 303 (305 views)
Shortcut
     Seems like [In reply to]  

he knows exactly what fans want to see. Smile I can only agree with that, a super nice guy. I mean, look...

Btw, I loved how they changed the icon solely for the chat. Smile

On_the_partyelk
Lorien

Jan 5 2015, 10:28pm

Post #263 of 303 (300 views)
Shortcut
     gaaaahhh [In reply to]  

Especially the gif. Must also be the rings, they add to the sexieness.

Cassiopeia
Rivendell

Jan 5 2015, 10:30pm

Post #264 of 303 (296 views)
Shortcut
     As I recall [In reply to]  

He trended world wide during that session.

Please call me, Cassie.

SunnyD
Rivendell

Jan 5 2015, 10:35pm

Post #265 of 303 (296 views)
Shortcut
     Totally agree with both of you, Cassie and OTPE! [In reply to]  

And thanks for bringing that tweet back, OTPE. That was from the first #AskThranduil live Q&A, right? I think that session trended worldwide, didn't it? IIRC, I don't think any other Q&A with other Hobbit Cast members reached that level.

But yes, what a nice guy he seems to be. We thud over his physical attributes and admire his brilliant acting, but speaking for myself, if he wasn't such a sweet, lovely person (as attested to by everyone who has worked with him), I wouldn't have been stanning for him for 10+ years. Cool

SunnyD
Rivendell

Jan 5 2015, 10:39pm

Post #266 of 303 (291 views)
Shortcut
     Jinx, Cassie! [In reply to]  

I suspect that's why he was the only cast member asked to come back and do a second round of live Q&A! And in some respects the second round was even better than the first. Cool

On_the_partyelk
Lorien

Jan 5 2015, 10:40pm

Post #267 of 303 (287 views)
Shortcut
     You recall right [In reply to]  

It trended WW on #2 Cool

Cassiopeia
Rivendell

Jan 5 2015, 10:42pm

Post #268 of 303 (286 views)
Shortcut
     Truth you speak [In reply to]  

Remember this interview?
http://youtu.be/4VnvfMH0fCs?t=1s
His is so adorable

Please call me, Cassie.

On_the_partyelk
Lorien

Jan 5 2015, 10:47pm

Post #269 of 303 (280 views)
Shortcut
     Sometimes such SCs come handy [In reply to]  

You're welcome. Smile For BotFA I only remember Richard having done a Q&A, but I think that wasn't exactly many questions, or? At least it's the impression I got from what popped up on my twitter, I didn't follow it though, so. But Lee's chats are without a doubt most requested.

Being nice always plays a role, of course good looks aren't bad either, but seriously, I couldn't be a fan of someone who looks good but is a jerk (is that ok to say that here?). Luckily the people I picked to be fan of are all sweet and nice folks.

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Jan 5 2015, 10:52pm

Post #270 of 303 (279 views)
Shortcut
     Since Twelfth Night is upon us... [In reply to]  

an Epiphany offering of Kingly fan-fiction! Heart

We Three Kings by Jael

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
Victoria Monfort

SunnyD
Rivendell

Jan 5 2015, 10:58pm

Post #271 of 303 (267 views)
Shortcut
     Yes, love that jogging interview! [In reply to]  

Shall I make you even more jealous? I also saw him on stage in Golden Age. Cool

There's an interview that Kristin von Santos of E! did with him during his Pushing Daisies years (@##$%&*, I can no longer find the link), when she told about how concerned he was for the safety and comfort of the extras on set, not realizing that Kristin was one of the extras. She teases him about being so sweet, and he looked so cute and flustered at having been "found out" to be such a nice guy. HeartHeartHeart

Cassiopeia
Rivendell

Jan 5 2015, 11:04pm

Post #272 of 303 (262 views)
Shortcut
     Wow wow wow [In reply to]  

That was a delightful retelling of the gift of the magi. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Please call me, Cassie.

Cassiopeia
Rivendell

Jan 5 2015, 11:08pm

Post #273 of 303 (256 views)
Shortcut
     Lucky thrall [In reply to]  

It would be worth the plane ride and NYC hotel rates too see him on stage. Were you absolutely mesmerized? Did you go to the back door afterwards? Details, woman!!!!!

Please call me, Cassie.

SunnyD
Rivendell

Jan 5 2015, 11:08pm

Post #274 of 303 (255 views)
Shortcut
     Thanks for the link [In reply to]  

Saved to read later.

*looks at total post count* Guys guys guys, I think this thread has now achieved the distinction of highest number of posts except for TA I and TA II, if my reading of Lurker's meticulous record-keeping (in post #112) is correct.

Adrianna
Lorien

Jan 5 2015, 11:13pm

Post #275 of 303 (250 views)
Shortcut
     I was [In reply to]  

Wondering about that we're almost at about 300. Is that the highest # of posting?

"I did free him. I freed his wretched head from his miserable shoulders."

First page Previous page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.