Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XXXIII
First page Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next page Last page  View All

Adrianna
Lorien

Jan 5 2015, 12:37pm

Post #176 of 303 (437 views)
Shortcut
     Nope we're on 33 but for not long. [In reply to]  

I enjoyed the downtime. It gave me much time to rest and get ready for some THUDDING this week. I'll probably be pooped out by the weekend again.

Yes I am having so much fun.

Just getting all the Thralls pumped up for this week. It's going to go by fast.

"I did free him. I freed his wretched head from his miserable shoulders."

(This post was edited by Adrianna on Jan 5 2015, 12:42pm)

mangotree
The Shire

Jan 5 2015, 2:27pm

Post #177 of 303 (415 views)
Shortcut
     Congratulations!!! [In reply to]  

mariel
Lorien

Jan 5 2015, 3:13pm

Post #178 of 303 (412 views)
Shortcut
     Vendelina's edits [In reply to]  

Thought I'd pop in a few more of Vendelina's latest edits before this thread ends

clicky

Adrianna
Lorien

Jan 5 2015, 3:43pm

Post #179 of 303 (395 views)
Shortcut
     Thank you for those edits! [In reply to]  

Love the second one, that glare in his eyes. MMMM! Mighty fineHeart.

On_the_partyelk
Lorien

Jan 5 2015, 4:05pm

Post #180 of 303 (390 views)
Shortcut
     mmmhhh...yessss [In reply to]  

I kinda of have thing for his nose too. There is something about it.

These are some nice tags. And speaking of tags I LOVE reading tags on Tumblr posts, they can be very entertaining. Laugh

The fortunes of the world will rise and fall, but here in this kingdom we will endure!

On_the_partyelk
Lorien

Jan 5 2015, 4:41pm

Post #181 of 303 (385 views)
Shortcut
     re: soundbites [In reply to]  

This sufficient? "Are you with us?" Tried for best audio I could find.

And as for the DVD/BR, you can count on the proper soundbites to be on Tumblr as well- ALL of them. Wink No worries, you don't have to do anything, just throw requests in, I'm glad to be of help when I can.

And oh... was this what you were looking for?

Yes, that's what I was looking for, thanks a lot. Smile

Seriously, there is no colour the Elvenking can't wear! And that last! *SNERKLES*

Even something fancy like stripes would fit him, though I doubt the king would approve of that.Laugh

The fortunes of the world will rise and fall, but here in this kingdom we will endure!

On_the_partyelk
Lorien

Jan 5 2015, 4:52pm

Post #182 of 303 (385 views)
Shortcut
     How about a gif instead? [In reply to]  

I have to agree about that one as well. I like the way he does that lip curl. It's also little things like that. Smile

On_the_partyelk
Lorien

Jan 5 2015, 4:58pm

Post #183 of 303 (379 views)
Shortcut
     No sleep then [In reply to]  

LOL

The things we do for the king. Wink

Zombie Thralls? Sounds about right. (and to quote Pete a bit) Shame about everything else, but the threads are running. ;)

ltnjmy
Rivendell

Jan 5 2015, 4:59pm

Post #184 of 303 (385 views)
Shortcut
     Those posts SunnyD are very, very nice [In reply to]  

of my graceful LP. Gosh he is so handsome. Do you all think he knows. Wow. Wait - I have to add some thuds from the last thread (kaplunk, kaplunk - there were several but it was locked out before I could). SmileHeartSmile. Now I can pick myself off the floor from viewing these nice wingspan photos !!

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jan 5 2015, 5:16pm

Post #185 of 303 (375 views)
Shortcut
     Got blindsided by unexpected fabulousness, eh? [In reply to]  

There I was, innocently following the "most recent post" arrow, completely unprepared......

*sits down in a corner to recover*

*hands Silverload a THUD cushion for more comfortable recovery* There, there, Silverload. It happens to all of us eventually.Evil

Happy Hobbity New Year! :D

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 5 2015, 5:21pm

Post #186 of 303 (373 views)
Shortcut
     One drink to rule them all, eh? [In reply to]  

Wink

No, it's a cup of strong Irish Breakfast tea in the mornings for me, to cleanse the cobwebs from the head! Laugh

Hm...Ireland...isn't that where Bubba's kin are from? I bet he drinks the stuff by the bucketful!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jan 5 2015, 5:53pm

Post #187 of 303 (364 views)
Shortcut
     Why, thank you! [In reply to]  

Some things you just don't forget, for better or for worse. LaughUnimpressed

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jan 5 2015, 5:59pm

Post #188 of 303 (362 views)
Shortcut
     *grins* [In reply to]  

Step aside dwarves, bearded foxes are here to stay! EvilTongue

SunnyD
Rivendell

Jan 5 2015, 6:14pm

Post #189 of 303 (358 views)
Shortcut
     HoLA? Hola! [In reply to]  

Well, maybe not exactly Hair of Lee Appreciation, but OMG look at these stills:

(clicky to read EW article)

They're from the Jan. 15 episode of The Mindy Project, in which Lee stars as a tech-nerd-billionaire, to whom Mindy lost her virginity when they were undergrads at Princeton. Can't wait!! Laugh

VValar
Gondor

Jan 5 2015, 6:14pm

Post #190 of 303 (359 views)
Shortcut
     Re shoe size [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Casually wondering what shoe size he has, these look mighty large.

LOL never even noticed it. But you know what they say about Elves with big feet... Laugh

Oh my this thread is going way too fast! I have some serious catching up to do.

If your ears aren't pointy, you're doing it wrong.

VValar
Gondor

Jan 5 2015, 6:31pm

Post #191 of 303 (351 views)
Shortcut
     Thanks for the tip [In reply to]  

Did try to imagine myself next to him. For the love of me couldn't imagine me sleeping next to him. I really did try!

Can I just say, I just found out about your tumblr page. Hooray for that!
I love a LP quote you recently posted (and of course the picture that went along with it Wink)

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing him in his old, dirty, grey sweatshirt Angelic

In Reply To

"As an actor, there’s always a time when I get to wear a beautiful suit to a premiere or a cocktail party and I guess this is one side of who I am. Then there is the other side of me that works at the farm and wears the same gray sweatshirt and the same blue jeans every single day!" - Lee Pace, Crash magazine interview

VValar
Gondor

Jan 5 2015, 6:34pm

Post #192 of 303 (349 views)
Shortcut
     Question [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Is it alright that I call you V? You never answered in the previous thread if it was alrightSmile!

But where do I send the pic to? It would be Thrandfully grateful.

Oh did I forgot to reply to you? I swear in my head I had answered to your question already. But sure! It's ok if you call me V Wink It's cool that my screenname has a nickname now lol.

You can send your picture in HR to my PM Smile

Adrianna
Lorien

Jan 5 2015, 6:36pm

Post #193 of 303 (348 views)
Shortcut
     Talking about resizing [In reply to]  

V,

Where do I send my avatars to for you to resize it for me?Smile

Adrianna
Lorien

Jan 5 2015, 6:41pm

Post #194 of 303 (343 views)
Shortcut
     Hands off! [In reply to]  

I would have to sleep on the floor for I would constantly be grabbing and groping him in places well our minds could imagine.Evil

VValar
Gondor

Jan 5 2015, 6:42pm

Post #195 of 303 (343 views)
Shortcut
     Remember how I said I couldn't get much sleep with you leaving this gifs around [In reply to]  

It's official, I'm gonna be an insomniac tonight Crazy

Cause hello *THUD*!

Heart
Heart
Heart

Adrianna
Lorien

Jan 5 2015, 6:49pm

Post #196 of 303 (339 views)
Shortcut
     We're on our way to 35 [In reply to]  

Let's get pumped! WOot! WOot!

Okay I think I had to much Summer Wine. LOL!Crazy

VValar
Gondor

Jan 5 2015, 6:50pm

Post #197 of 303 (334 views)
Shortcut
     LOL Cassie [In reply to]  

I'm only halfway through the thread as we speak (and I think I have to be really quick with my reading and replies cause it seems another threadlock is imminent) but I have to say your way of writing constantly makes me laugh. Whether it is LP doing a voice-over of the dictionary and making it sound hot and sexy and interesting, or getting a heart attack in a burning house LOL I need to remember that one whenever my eyes come across some thud-worthy stuff Sly

SunnyD
Rivendell

Jan 5 2015, 6:51pm

Post #198 of 303 (337 views)
Shortcut
     Sorry for all the pain I'm causing around here [In reply to]  

For VValar's insomnia, for all the thudding, etc. You can blame Lurker (and mariel) for enticing me to delurk. Heh heh heh! Evil

Can I just say, I just found out about your tumblr page. Hooray for that!

Welcome to my funhouse of madness! I did notice a lot of people going through my "back catalog" of Thranduil edits in the last few days. Hope you had fun! Cool

So many posts I want to respond to, so little time (not only because of imminent threadtip, but because I, umm, have to get back to work)... Laterz!

Adrianna
Lorien

Jan 5 2015, 6:53pm

Post #199 of 303 (333 views)
Shortcut
     Thanks, V [In reply to]  

I got it. I will send that over to you in a few.

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jan 5 2015, 6:59pm

Post #200 of 303 (346 views)
Shortcut
     Never understood that either [In reply to]  

Thranduil is often called a isolationist. ( I think he is smart to be one) However it is frequently used as a negative trait in describing him. But aren't Elrond and Celeborn isolationists as well? Elrond had the fellowship of the ring, even Legolas, blindfolded when they entered his realm. What exactly does Celeborn do? Where is he during the Battle of the Five Armies? Where are Elrond's sons?
Does anyone know the time span between Smag's attack on Laketown and the duration of the battle? It seems to me that there could have been more support from their realms even though Galadriel and Elrond themselves were busy at Dol Guldur.
Where was Haldir? After all he was still alive at the time. Is he not a marchwarden and a Silvan elf?
Best have a glass or two of wine to help the pondering.

I always felt that most of the elven kingdoms? habitations? lands? were at least somewhat isolationist too, but maybe the thought is that Elrond and Celeborn/Galadriel got out more and let their people choose when they wanted to leave and where they wanted to go, so they were less isolationist than Thranduil or something like that.

Actually, that was Haldir who blindfolded the Fellowship when they entered Lothlorien, I assume by order of Celeborn/Galadriel.Evil Elrond let the Fellowship, and everyone else come and go from Rivendell as needed with no blindfolds, or guards of any kind.

I believe the time span between Smaug's attack on Laketown and the beginning of the battle was...off the top of my head, at least over two weeks. The book says it had been eleven days since the dragon attacked when the armies of elves and men entered into the desolate lands. Then...*skims the book* I'm seeing something about Kili and Fili going out for four days to catch the ponies and by that time finding out that the armies were heading towards the mountain. Then it sounds like at least a day later some scouts came and left without saying anything. Then anther day when Bard came and was sent away, and then some more unnumbered days passed slowly and then Bilbo took the Arkenstone and then the day after, the Battle happened. From my interpretation of what I read, I don't think the Battle lasted more than one day, although it apparently lasted quite a few hours. So...maybe somewhere around three weeks?

Happy Hobbity New Year! :D

First page Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.