The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
My Trip to New Zealand - Filming Location Photos

JennyLam
The Shire

Jan 5 2015, 2:18am

Post #1 of 3 (1180 views)
Shortcut
My Trip to New Zealand - Filming Location Photos Can't Post

A couple weeks ago I fulfilled a dream of mine when I traveled to New Zealand. It was even more amazing than I'd hoped it would be, which is saying a lot since my expectations were sky-high. I did a little post-trip recap at http://artistsonthelam.blogspot.com/2014/12/not-all-those-who-wander-are-lost-all.html, and photos from my travels can be viewed on Instagram, Tumblr, and Pinterest. (Half the pictures are of filming locations--Hobbiton was the highlight for me, of course!)

Thank you, and happy new year!

Cheers,
Jenny Lam
Chicago

P.S. Oh man, I don't think I've been here since I was 13 or so. What a trip indeed!

BoromirOfWinterfell
Rohan

Jan 8 2015, 7:29am

Post #2 of 3 (1012 views)
Shortcut
I love your photos! [In reply to] Can't Post

I think going to NZ is a pilgrimage for all fans. Your photos take me back to my time there. I'm glad you enjoyed it! Smile

"Eala Earendel engla beorhtast
ofer middangeard monnum sended."

"There is nothing so absurd but some philosopher has said it." - Cicero

JennyLam
The Shire

Jan 9 2015, 12:59am

Post #3 of 3 (1145 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

And yes, it really did feel like a pilgrimage of sorts. Smile

--
Jenny Lam
Blog
Instagram
Tumblr
Twitter

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.