Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XXXIII
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 Next page Last page  View All

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jan 4 2015, 6:59am

Post #1 of 303 (3727 views)
Shortcut
     Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XXXIII  

A couple of friendly reminders aka README!!!!!!!!
If you're new, or unsure, about posting, especially contributing Pretty!, please refer to
- the TORn guides on the "Welcome" board, or
- the "IMPORTANT README for TA posters: Information on posting, and adding images" and the little PSA from the mods posts right here on the TA threads for quickie information.

It might just save you from getting zapped by Wrath of Mod.

And now back to your regularly scheduled ThranduilHeartAppreciation

.~.~.~.~.~. .~.~.~.~.~. .~.~.~.~.~.

Wow! We really went on a record post-spurt, and went further into town on TAXXXII than we ever did with TAXXXI. It supplanted TAXXXI as the fastest to threadtip (the honour of threadtip post goes to Eowyn of Penn Woods, enthusiastically helped along by the diligent posting of Cassie, SunnyD and yours truly), since numero uno HeartHeartHeart We're still living dangerously, but as modmother dernwyn apparently went offline just about the time we threadtipped, I cheatedEvil and asked Earl to lock TAXXXII so we can have this screenshot.

BUT! There's no doubt we keep on whizzing along like we're in a cab in NYC!HeartCoolAngelic

Any and all appreciation of HeartThranduil and everything related to him happens here.
All HeartThranduil Thralls, and appreciating non-Thralls are welcome.Smile
So feel free to jump in at any time!

(HR Source!Clicky)

The Thranduil Appreciation thread count:
I | II (Originating threads by Rowan Greene) | III | IV | V | VI (Threads by Lurker in the Mirk)
VII (Thread by Eruvandi) | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV (Threads by Lurker in the Mirk)
XV (Thread by Eruvandi) | XVI (Thread by Lurker in the Mirk) | XVII (Thread by VValar)
XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII | XXIV | XXV (Threads by Lurker in the Mirk)
XXVI (Thread by Eruvandi) | XXVII (Thread by Lurker in the Mirk) | XXVIII
XXIX (Threads by Eruvandi) | XXX (Thread by VValar) | XXXI | XXXII (Threads by Lurker in the Mirk)

Thranduil Appreciation Lexicon aka the little TAspeak garden Tongue
  • BTS Easter Egg Find (aka BEEF): Those moments in the BTS when Thranduil/LP flashes by (see Unexpected Flash of Elf) on screen or some information is found. See also "Ninja-Hugger"
  • Bubba: Nickname of Thranduil's beloved War-Elk. See also"Maximum Fabulosity Exposure"
  • Equal Opportunistic Thrall: One who thralls whom her/his infidelity fancies. Shamelessly multi-allegiance by nature. See also "Thranduil Thralls"
  • Elvenking, The: That's right, that's how it's supposed to be written
  • Facemelt: That thing Thranduil does in T&T
  • Fanart: Popular post subject/title. Beacon for Thralls, as sure as moths dive into flames. See also "Pretty!"
    (Helpful reference for the threadlard inspired: See the "IMAGES" section of "The TA (very) Quickie Help/TIPS for adding IMAGES and POSTING" sections in this README FOR ALL TA Posters)
  • FEAST: Shorthand for Flustered Elrond AND Sassy Thranduil. In honour of Thranduil sass/badassery resulting in Elrond raising his eyebrows disapprovingly. May involve dramatic Elrond temple-rubbing. Elrond's fluster can be induced remotely or by proxy and does not require Elrond to be present when Thranduil does his thang. See also "FLAST", "FEASTING"
  • FEASTING: Shorthand for Flustered Elrond AND Sassy Thranduil Including Not-impressed Galadriel. Extension of FEAST, which includes Galadriel, also in disapproval mode, i.e. Elrond's fluster conditions in FEAST apply here for both Elrond and Galadriel
  • FLAST: Shorthand for Flustered Leggy AND Sassy Thranduil. In honour of the worship for badass (maybe a smidgeon of oblivious in there somewhere) Thranduil and his actions/non-actions resulting in Legolas getting into a flap. Requires Legolas to be present when Thranduil does his thang. See also "FEAST"
  • GotG: Guardians of the Galaxy. That movie in August 2014 with LP in it
  • HCF: Halt and Catch Fire. LP's 2014 TV series.
  • Hair of Thranduil (aka HoT) Appreciation. Appreciation for Thranduil's gloriously silken beautiful platinum blond locks.
  • High Thud Risk (aka HTR): Alert for Pretty! hoarding thralls, invoked when 'EI' ain't cutting it. See also "Pretty!"
  • LA/LAEM: The Last Alliance of Elves and Men, not the city in the States
  • Lee Pace: Thranduil
  • Leggy: affectionate diminutive of Legolas
  • Legolas: Son of Thranduil, aka surfer Elf of LotR
  • LP: Lee Pace
  • Maximum Fabulosity Exposure (aka MFE): Thranduil's complete magnificence doing anything. Inspired by his awesome cool when riding Bubba the War-Elk. See also "Bubba"
  • Ninja-Hugger: Specifically LP dispensing hugs. Not that he hugs ninjas, but because he's sneaky like a ninja when he hugs people in the TH Vlogs and appendices and it takes everyone forever to realize it was even him, usually because he's back to camera when he bounces into frame. Will the sneaky hugging never end? We hope not! See also "BTS Easter Egg Find", "Unexpected Flash of Elf"
  • Oropher: Father of Thranduil
  • Orry/Oro: affectionate diminutive of Oropher
  • PD: Pushing Daisies. LP's 2007/2008 TV series
  • Pretty!: Surely self-explanatory? See also "Woodland Weekend", "High Thud Risk"
  • Silent Thread Visitor (aka STV): Self-explanatory, also known as Silent Thread Reader. STVs, Thranduil has a question for you. What say you? Smile
  • T&T: The Thranduil and Thorin confrontation scene in DOS. Generally ranked top favourite of Thranduil Thralls
  • TA: Thranduil Appreciation. All-round Heart for the Elvenking and his onscreen avatar (and by extension teh actor. See also LP). Shockingly, there are TA posts with that literary bent associated with thinking individuals frequenting such an exemplary forum as TORn. Some even hint at functional brain-matter in the poster.
  • That disagreeable (among other things) Dwarf: See "T&T"
  • Theory of Bling: Overarching term for theories and speculation on the backstories of Thranduil's rings. Popular discussion circa TAIII/TAIV, but still pops up occasionally.
  • Thranddy: affectionateHeart diminutive of the Elvenking's name (if you don't know who is the Elvenking, google is your mellon)
  • Thrandfully: The right manner on how to express your thankfulness to all Thranduil-related and non-related subjects
  • Thranduil Thralls: The afflicted. Fangirls, and boys, whose allegiance are pledged to the Elvenking. Also known as the hopelessly enthralled to his ELVEN MAGNIFICENCE. Perturbing to some, Thralldom may not be exclusive. Credit goes to Eowyn of Penns Woods for the "official" Thranduil Thrall moniker. See also "Equal Opportunistic Thrall"
  • Threadlock: The inevitable fate of all TA threads exceeding 200 replies, aka mundane Chore of Mod. See also "Thread tipping"
  • Thread tipping: Post(s) that sends the current TA thread over the 200 replies threshold See also "Threadlock".
    (See the "AVOIDING GENERIC POST-DEATH" and "AVOIDING POST- DEATH FROM THREADLOCK" sections in this README FOR ALL TA Posters).
  • Thud Cushions. Thrall kit staple, and safety precaution for the inevitability of super high thud occurrences. In-thread purveyed most-in-demand item, best paired with HTR alerts.
  • Unexpected Flash of Elf (aka UFE): Those moments in the TH BTS, Vlogs when Thranduil/LP flashes by. See also "BTS Easter Egg Find", "Ninja-Hugger"
  • Woodland Weekend (aka WW): Occasional mega URL laden post for Pretty! of Thranduil, and LP. May also include goodness for Legolas, *cough*That disagreeable (among other things) Dwarf*cough* and some others. Selective indiscrimination is key. See also "Pretty!", "High Thud Risk"
  • Click here for the general TORnspeak lexicon]

Keeping track of the appreciation
    Caught off-guard at how much you've missed? 1 simple click will ensure you won't miss another update again. Put this thread on watch! Locate the "Watch thread" button to the top and right of this post (button 3 of the 5 threads buttons you see) and click it.

Also, if you click on the "creation" bit in the "Age" column (last one) when you view a forum, it changes to "activity", and you get a list of threads which has been recently posted to, instead of when they were started. It's a much easier way to find the current TA thread since someone will probably post in it, and it usually appears on page 1 of the activity view. Certainly beats going back through the board to look for it.

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile
    (Aaaaand a gushy Thranduil fangurl before The Hobbit movies; still a gushy Thranduil fangurl through them. Laugh)

HeartThranduil Appreciation. Threadcount: XXXII
    I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII | XXIV | XXV | XXVI | XXVII | XXVIII | XXIX | XXX | XXXI

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
    Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Jan 4 2015, 7:05am)

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Jan 4 2015, 7:05am

Post #2 of 303 (3196 views)
    Shortcut
         And we did it! [In reply to]  

CoolLaugh

@Eruvandi: Whaddaya think?Smile

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

(Aaaaand a gushy Thranduil fangurl before The Hobbit movies; still a gushy Thranduil fangurl through them. Laugh)

HeartThranduil Appreciation. Threadcount: XXXII
    I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII | XXIV | XXV | XXVI | XXVII | XXVIII | XXIX | XXX | XXXI

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Jan 4 2015, 7:16am)

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Jan 4 2015, 7:48am

Post #3 of 303 (3141 views)
    Shortcut
         *PHEW* Time for a break [In reply to]  

HeartThranduil Appreciation. Threadcount: XXXIII
    I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII | XXIV | XXV | XXVI | XXVII | XXVIII | XXIX | XXX | XXXI | XXXII

=======

Me85
    Rivendell

Jan 4 2015, 7:52am

Post #4 of 303 (3141 views)
    Shortcut
         niiice [In reply to]  

LaughCoolLaughCool

SunnyD
    Rivendell

Jan 4 2015, 7:54am

Post #5 of 303 (3141 views)
    Shortcut
         W00t w00t!! [In reply to]  

That's awesome!! Even His Majesty is impressed.

But now I must follow in the footsteps of Feren/Lindir and bid you goodnight!

(This post was edited by SunnyD on Jan 4 2015, 7:57am)

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Jan 4 2015, 8:06am

Post #6 of 303 (3124 views)
    Shortcut
         Heheh [In reply to]  

That was fun. And so rare. Because truly, TA is usually comatose on weekends.

Can't wait to see what happens as Sunday rolls across Europe... much less hit stateside Laugh

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII | XXIV | XXV | XXVI | XXVII | XXVIII | XXIX | XXX | XXXI | XXXII

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Jan 4 2015, 8:07am)

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Jan 4 2015, 8:09am

Post #7 of 303 (3115 views)
    Shortcut
         Sweet dreams, SunnyD [In reply to]  

"See" you soon Smile

Now I need to get offline as well.

=======

mariel
    Lorien

Jan 4 2015, 9:26am

Post #8 of 303 (3121 views)
    Shortcut
         Fan art [In reply to]  

Thought I'd sneak one in before THIS thread locks Laugh

both clicky

VValar
    Gondor

Jan 4 2015, 9:42am

Post #9 of 303 (3116 views)
    Shortcut
         This is insane! [In reply to]  

I step out for one day and the last thread has been closed and a new one opened. Good thing I had at least one post in the previous thread or I would have felt so left out Blush

But hey we finally managed to get TWO TA threads on the first page of the Hobbit board. Well done Thralls Cool

Thranduil approves.
    PS check out those insanely LONG, DARK LASHES Heart

If your ears aren't pointy, you're doing it wrong.

(This post was edited by VValar on Jan 4 2015, 9:43am)

VValar
    Gondor

Jan 4 2015, 9:58am

Post #10 of 303 (3102 views)
    Shortcut
         This one is for Lurker and Eruvandi [In reply to]  

Perhaps we're not the only ones in love with Legolas? Maybe there Leggy fans among the newbies too? Smile

Clicky's!

VValar
    Gondor

Jan 4 2015, 9:59am

Post #11 of 303 (3089 views)
    Shortcut
         Cool fanart mariel [In reply to]  

Especially the second one. Only that strand of hair that went astray is a bit out of character Tongue

Adrianna
    Lorien

Jan 4 2015, 10:04am

Post #12 of 303 (3096 views)
    Shortcut
         Scrumptious Screenshot [In reply to]  

HeartHeartHeartHeart

"I did free him. I freed his wretched head from his miserable shoulders."

VValar
    Gondor

Jan 4 2015, 10:06am

Post #13 of 303 (3091 views)
    Shortcut
         Just a couple of more [In reply to]  

You can see I'm going through my Leggy phase again Blush
    Don't worry it won't last long. Usually it's swiftly replaced by my Thranduil obession. Just every now and then my Legolas affection pops up and I have to share his gorgeousness with you all. After all what's not to like about the one and only son and heir of Thranduil? Angelic

(Clicky's!)
    Heart

Why didn't we get a moment like this after battle? *cries*

Adrianna
    Lorien

Jan 4 2015, 10:09am

Post #14 of 303 (3089 views)
    Shortcut
         Nice! Closeup Pretty [In reply to]  

And showing the power of the brows.

*****SQUEE***

HeartHeartHeart

Adrianna
    Lorien

Jan 4 2015, 10:15am

Post #15 of 303 (3078 views)
    Shortcut
         Beautiful! [In reply to]  

Ok, I'm getting on the floor with my pillows. If this is what I'm going to be waking up to in the mornings. Need to be ready.HeartHeartEvil

Adrianna
    Lorien

Jan 4 2015, 10:22am

Post #16 of 303 (3078 views)
    Shortcut
         No your not alone! [In reply to]  

I like Leggy too. Maybe when Leggy gets as old as his father he'll look just as Delicious as his Father.

BlackFox
    Half-elven

Jan 4 2015, 10:36am

Post #17 of 303 (3080 views)
    Shortcut
         Bless my beard! [In reply to]  

XXXIII already! No wonder I slept so poorly last night - it's hard to get a good night's sleep when the ground is shaking non-stop from the constant thudding. Laugh

Cassiopeia
    Rivendell

Jan 4 2015, 12:00pm

Post #18 of 303 (3059 views)
    Shortcut
         Yippee-ki-yay [In reply to]  

Now that is a beautiful screencap. I have had about 5 hours of sleep but it was a worthy accomplishment. Onto more mischief today. (insert evil laugh) Speaking of laughing, I think Lee Pace has the sexiest deep laugh on the planet. Thinking of it makes me thud.

Please call me, Cassie.

You started this... you will forgive me if I finish it!

J.R.R. Tolkien: In a great cave some miles within the edge of Mirkwood on its eastern side there lived at this time their greatest king

Cassiopeia
    Rivendell

Jan 4 2015, 12:10pm

Post #19 of 303 (3053 views)
    Shortcut
         Wakie wakie sleepy thralls [In reply to]  

His Lordship is also awake. Does he ever even snooze? I see he is almost dressed and enjoying a glass of his favorite morning "juice".

Please call me, Cassie.

J.R.R. Tolkien: In a great cave some miles within the edge of Mirkwood on its eastern side there lived at this time their greatest king

Adrianna
    Lorien

Jan 4 2015, 12:21pm

Post #20 of 303 (3050 views)
    Shortcut
         All Man! [In reply to]  

It doesn't seem like there enough hours at night to sleep anymore. Hate to offline, don't want miss anything but you gotta get your sleep in.

Cassiopeia
    Rivendell

Jan 4 2015, 12:22pm

Post #21 of 303 (3055 views)
    Shortcut
         Leggie was my first [In reply to]  

Then his father walked in, and it was thud at first sight.

Please call me, Cassie.

Adrianna
    Lorien

Jan 4 2015, 12:32pm

Post #22 of 303 (3042 views)
    Shortcut
         No Doubt! [In reply to]  

When I show him in DOS. I was like who is beautiful force of nature. I need to know. Thus began my research and findings on this hunk of an elvenking.

I'm quite sorry. I know this was previously discussed in the previous thread but I could not see Doug Jones playing this role. He does not have softness and beauty that LP has. I mean LP nails it.

Cassiopeia
    Rivendell

Jan 4 2015, 12:41pm

Post #23 of 303 (3041 views)
    Shortcut
         I fully understand [In reply to]  

How about two adorable men?

http://youtu.be/BtgbabSWkeQ?t=1s
    The way they laugh is like music.

Please call me, Cassie.

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Jan 4 2015, 12:54pm

Post #24 of 303 (3032 views)
    Shortcut
         *LoL* It just might, in another jiffy [In reply to]  

In Reply To
    Thought I'd sneak one in before THIS thread locks Laugh

At the rate Cassie, Adrianna, OPT and SunnyD posts. We could possible trump Han Solo, and solve the paradox of making the next thread with less than 200 postsLaugh

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Jan 4 2015, 12:56pm

Post #25 of 303 (3034 views)
    Shortcut
         Awww... [In reply to]  

In Reply To
    Why didn't we get a moment like this after battle? *cries*

Welp... you know the old adage: "Look to the EE, but do not bank on it"CrazyFrownPirate

=======

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.