Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XXXII
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Angharad73
Rohan

Jan 3 2015, 6:07pm

Post #51 of 214 (988 views)
Shortcut
     Thanks! [In reply to]  

These threads always look like a lot of fun - and there's lots of pictures to swoon over...

I should update my avatar - I did win NaNo this year (so I have a 'winner badge'), but I scraped over the 50k mark by such a tiny margin that it doesn't feel like it. You should try NaNo some time, Eruvandi. It's a lot of fun!

On_the_partyelk
Lorien

Jan 3 2015, 6:20pm

Post #52 of 214 (979 views)
Shortcut
     you have to be fast tho [In reply to]  

To follow things here.Smile Like, visit only every 3 or 4 days and you can be sure you will have to look for the new thread. Wink No surprise though, with so much Pretty! everywhere that needs to be shared and discussed. Cool

The fortunes of the world will rise and fall, but here in this kingdom we will endure!

Cassiopeia
Rivendell

Jan 3 2015, 6:26pm

Post #53 of 214 (999 views)
Shortcut
     Welcome to the THUD house [In reply to]  

We have something for every interest and appetite. There is so much to enjoy and indulge in from thoughtful analysis to a bit of naughtiness and sass. Sending Lindir to take your order.

Please call me, Cassie.

You started this... you will forgive me if I finish it!

J.R.R. Tolkien: In a great cave some miles within the edge of Mirkwood on its eastern side there lived at this time their greatest king

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jan 3 2015, 6:48pm

Post #54 of 214 (1035 views)
Shortcut
     Some fun stuff [In reply to]  

First of all, I think this may have been posted before, but just in case it wasn't, here is the full Cinemax "60 Seconds with Lee Pace" video. Pretty fun!Smile

And this interview is something I stumbled across and I just think it's adorable! Apparently, the reporter was really nervous and LP, OB and EL for whatever reason decided to have EL switch places with her so she was sandwiched between LP and OB *THUD 2x*BlushHeart, and then they didn't tell her they had the camera rolling until after they started talking and they all sort of interviewed each other, LOL! I must say, she did better than I would have in that position!Laugh Especially at about 1:01 when LP is being so ridiculously cute and lays his head on her shoulder for a second, at which point I would have lost any and all ability to think or function! *THUDS so hard I can't get up*LaughHeartSlyHeartAngelicHeartSmileHeartWinkHeartCool

Here it is [Not sure if this is necessary, but just in case: Mild language warning right around 0:44 to about 0:99]

Enjoy!Smile

Happy Hobbity New Year! :D

VeArkenstone
Lorien

Jan 3 2015, 6:52pm

Post #55 of 214 (990 views)
Shortcut
     War in the North gets my vote as well because of ........... [In reply to]  

Oropher !!! (chiming in with Lurker here). I do believe PJ, Phillippa and crew could continue their magical movie casting thing. Oropher should be gorgeous, benevolent, a fair and just king, have a magical quality about him and a slight hint of sadness.

OK, for me, something on the Battle of the Last Alliance would work as well since both Oropher and Thranduil were there. For this movie, Oropher should be gorgeous, benevolent, a fair and just king, have a magical quality about him and a slight tint of sadness. In this scenario, all of the problems Oropher had with the Noldor Elves could be hashed out and there could be Elvish backstory reaching back into the 1st age.

I love both Dwarvish and Elvish history, but I agree, it would work out well for all of us if the Elves had their turn.

Please, call me Ve.

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jan 3 2015, 6:58pm

Post #56 of 214 (1025 views)
Shortcut
     Woohoo! [In reply to]  

I loved that scene and the way he can ride Bubba so well that he can lean backwards to slice orcs!Cool

VeArkenstone
Lorien

Jan 3 2015, 6:59pm

Post #57 of 214 (974 views)
Shortcut
     Lurker, love, love, love the B&W side-by-side shot! Love B&W photography. [In reply to]  

I must print out, I must print out, I must print out.

Please, call me Ve.

SunnyD
Rivendell

Jan 3 2015, 7:01pm

Post #58 of 214 (1031 views)
Shortcut
     Have your thud cushions at the ready, Thralls... [In reply to]  

HTR warning going off...

Are you ready???

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Will not be responsible for any injury resulting from fainting / collapsing in a heap!

Click on images (or here) for actual gifs!

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jan 3 2015, 7:12pm

Post #59 of 214 (1014 views)
Shortcut
     Lol! [In reply to]  

So much *THUDding*!AngelicHeart

Cassiopeia
Rivendell

Jan 3 2015, 7:13pm

Post #60 of 214 (1035 views)
Shortcut
     Worthy of weeping [In reply to]  

I could watch him swing that bat over and over until I go blind. I wonder if he played baseball in middle school or high school. He has a perfect swing. Lee Pace starts filming season 2 this month.

Please call me, Cassie.

J.R.R. Tolkien: In a great cave some miles within the edge of Mirkwood on its eastern side there lived at this time their greatest king

Adrianna
Lorien

Jan 3 2015, 7:23pm

Post #61 of 214 (953 views)
Shortcut
     Many different flavors. [In reply to]  

Yes, I do do the caramel Thranduil's. I have to put in in a special type packaging so it won't be so messy.

"I did free him. I freed his wretched head from his miserable shoulders."

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jan 3 2015, 7:31pm

Post #62 of 214 (985 views)
Shortcut
     Update: Re GotG [In reply to]  

Welp, movie's over. It was pretty good! Better story overall than I expected, actually.Evil

LP was, as expected, very intimidating as Ronan the Accuser. Although he plaid Ronan very well, I still kinda wish he had gotten the role as Star Lord so his handsomeness wouldn't have had to be buried under all that blue makeupBlush, but I totally understand why they chose to make him Roan and that was a good choice.Smile

SunnyD
Rivendell

Jan 3 2015, 7:35pm

Post #63 of 214 (969 views)
Shortcut
     IKR? [In reply to]  

Those long legs, that perform form (both his physique and the swing) -- completely mesmerizing...CrazyHeartHeartHeart

I don't know if he played baseball, though he was a competitive swimmer in high school until his ear infections made him stop. (Can you imagine those broad shoulders, long arms and long legs emerging out of the water in a butterfly stroke? THUDDDDDDDD)

At this rate I'll never get off the floor, LOL!!!

Cassiopeia
Rivendell

Jan 3 2015, 7:41pm

Post #64 of 214 (951 views)
Shortcut
     He would have made a great star lord but... [In reply to]  

where in the world would they have found a taller, larger actor than him to play Ronan?
Have you seen this yet?
http://youtu.be/ytZFm1NW5MM

Please call me, Cassie.

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jan 3 2015, 7:46pm

Post #65 of 214 (1002 views)
Shortcut
     Bubba [In reply to]  

The Party Elk is alive and well and hanging out with some vaguely familiar....

"Judge me by my size, would you?" Max the Hobbit Husky.

Cassiopeia
Rivendell

Jan 3 2015, 7:47pm

Post #66 of 214 (1019 views)
Shortcut
     As long as you have WiFi [In reply to]  

The floor is not so bad. LOL
His shoulders and arms are the stars of the movie, The Fall. It is one of my favorite Lee Pace movies. He does an incredible job of acting. It is a must see.

Please call me, Cassie.

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jan 3 2015, 7:48pm

Post #67 of 214 (1033 views)
Shortcut
     Bridge movies [In reply to]  

I actually feel like Legolas (Hunt for Gollum) and Thranduil spin-offs are most likely given the ending of BOTFA. I really, really wish this, as I think movies about the Mirkwood Elves could be really neat.

I would LOVE some kind of bridge movie along the lines of Hunt for Gollum that could feature more Legolas and Thranduil!

Like you were saying, it seems like in the movies, and in the TH and LOTR books too, for that matter, we see lots of elves but we don't get to know them as intimately as the Men, Hobbits, and now Dwarves. As far as Tolkien's writing goes (the writing I've read anyway) it seems like we get to know the eves best in the Silm. After the creation of the world they are the First Born, the first earthly beings that Illuvatar awakens. Then there are (don't know the exact amount of time) at least a good hundred years or more before the Men wake up, and then it takes a long time before the elves find them, so we're left with a long period of time where we hear about nothing but elves, elves, elves and their growing culture.Heart

It would be lovely to get deeper into the world of the elves in movie form too! Of the movie options you listed, I think my top two picks would be The Battle of the Last Alliance and The Hunt for Gollum.

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jan 3 2015, 7:49pm

Post #68 of 214 (1076 views)
Shortcut
     OMG [In reply to]  

...how did I miss that.........

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jan 3 2015, 7:51pm

Post #69 of 214 (927 views)
Shortcut
     Saw that before I even got the movie! xD [In reply to]  

Love it!Smile I knew that wasn't how the scene actually went, but when it got to that scene in the movie, I was really hoping LP would start dancing!Laugh

SunnyD
Rivendell

Jan 3 2015, 7:55pm

Post #70 of 214 (961 views)
Shortcut
     More Orc-slicing [In reply to]  

Eruvandi -- Glad you like that photoset Lurker posted. I hope it's not considered bad form to say I made them, and that if you liked that scene you might like these sets too (click on images for full-size photosets):

These took forever to make, but I really needed to get them out of my system. Moi? Obsessed?? Crazy

Cassiopeia
Rivendell

Jan 3 2015, 8:00pm

Post #71 of 214 (959 views)
Shortcut
     Hi there! [In reply to]  

Bubba looks ready for Mardi Gras.
Laissez les bons temps rouler .

Please call me, Cassie.

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jan 3 2015, 8:17pm

Post #72 of 214 (969 views)
Shortcut
     weeeelp [In reply to]  

you just gained another follower.....

Shocked oooooooooooooooooooooooooo
aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I note that WETA, unlike Disney (in Cinderella) did not forget the crownpiece of the bridle... the thing across the back of the head that keeps the whole thing from falling off, which many many clueless professional artists forget when doing horse gear. (Cindy, you are dooooomed).

Bubba's mouth looks right in the shot where its open, but I can't see the rings of the bit (visible in still shots)... ???? OOOOPS?

They are, all in all, magnificent.

Also, if you go to Alaska, don't worry about the bears, worry about the moose... deadliest animal in the north.

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jan 3 2015, 8:17pm

Post #73 of 214 (1000 views)
Shortcut
     That would just be crazy! [In reply to]  

But if he doesn't want to reprise? Or they *GASP* don't want to make a film with Thranduil?

Insanity! Insanity, I tell you!ShockedTongue

Ah... no please. Not Isaacs. I have enough grumps about the so-called X-over glee fandom seem to wallow in just cos of the long blond hair.Crazy

Same. I don't care for the idea of Isaacs as Thranduil, and I don't like the idea of him as Thranduil's father or even any other elf, for that matter.

Silm: Annatar, Feanor, Maedhros, Turin (I'd say Hurin but perhaps Mr Pace wants a change of pace from daddy rolesAngelic), Ulmo... ... Oh, I don't know, just give every role to Lee Pace... except those that they've already cast Tongue

Agree on all except Hurin. Not that I think LP wouldn't play him well, because he plays every role well. It's just that, in my headcanon Hurin has a different physicality than LP. LP is tall and lean and muscular, but although Tolkien described the early Men as being quite tall, I picture Hurin as being a little more of average height and stocky in a muscly kind of way, for some reason. I also picture him as having an older, more "lived-in" looking face than LP. I really don't know why, but that's how I picture him.Evil

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jan 3 2015, 8:18pm

Post #74 of 214 (970 views)
Shortcut
     where was he [In reply to]  

when I was 20.........

oh...

not born yet........

Cassiopeia
Rivendell

Jan 3 2015, 8:20pm

Post #75 of 214 (1012 views)
Shortcut
     Have you seen [In reply to]  

this one? There is a bit of Ronan in it.

http://youtu.be/PbXCp0wEY7w

Please call me, Cassie.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.