First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jan 3 2015, 12:19pm

Post #26 of 214 (1062 views)
Shortcut
     You're fast! [In reply to]  

I was about to hit submit on my post when I saw yours. Lovely!Heart

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile
(Aaaaand a gushy Thranduil fangurl before The Hobbit movies; still a gushy Thranduil fangurl through them. Laugh)

HeartThranduil Appreciation. Threadcount: XXXII
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII | XXIV | XXV | XXVI | XXVII | XXVIII | XXIX | XXX | XXXI

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jan 3 2015, 12:22pm

Post #27 of 214 (1064 views)
Shortcut
     No idea if he was really in contention [In reply to]  

But I remember his name echoing a lot before Thranduil's actor was confirmed when I was lurkily trawling through TH forumTongue

I don't see him as a real consideration though... Ron Perlman as Beorn is plausible for obvious reasons, but yes, agree with you re looks and feel: I don't get why he seemed to be favoured in fandom, even if GDT liked him.Crazy

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

(Aaaaand a gushy Thranduil fangurl before The Hobbit movies; still a gushy Thranduil fangurl through them. Laugh)

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII | XXIV | XXV | XXVI | XXVII | XXVIII | XXIX | XXX | XXXI

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jan 3 2015, 12:24pm

Post #28 of 214 (1109 views)
Shortcut
     Just a perfect storm for what dernwyn called TA carousing [In reply to]  

Angelic

But you guys! While I was snoozing away, you definitely lived it up and brought the thread really far Laugh

And that... is a heck of a celebratory image! *THUD*Heart

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jan 3 2015, 12:53pm

Post #29 of 214 (1051 views)
Shortcut
     Oh, btw, the lexicon's updated [In reply to]  

I added the Cassie-innovated thud cushion Smile

Certainly hope it meets with Thrall approval and does Cassie's enterprising thud safety concept justice.

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Jan 3 2015, 12:55pm)

mariel
Lorien

Jan 3 2015, 1:16pm

Post #30 of 214 (1012 views)
Shortcut
     Oops. [In reply to]  

Sorry about that Smile

Adrianna
Lorien

Jan 3 2015, 1:32pm

Post #31 of 214 (1058 views)
Shortcut
     He is so laid back it utterly breathtaking. [In reply to]  

I noticed he always have his staff near him if he's anywhere near his throne.

I don't know who could act as his father and do a better job than LP acting as Thranduil. They set the bar will high when they did that.

"I did free him. I freed his wretched head from his miserable shoulders."

Adrianna
Lorien

Jan 3 2015, 1:39pm

Post #32 of 214 (1017 views)
Shortcut
     Yes, Let's Celebrate! [In reply to]  

I have a knew product out.

Honey dipped spiced Thranduil's for all. It might get a little sticky. So use plenty wet napkins or you could just like you fingers in delightfully joy.

"I did free him. I freed his wretched head from his miserable shoulders."

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jan 3 2015, 1:45pm

Post #33 of 214 (1087 views)
Shortcut
     Don't be! [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Sorry about that Smile

Vendelina's art has been ably curated by you. I was just having a case of meddlesome itchy fingers at tbe wrong time EvilAngelic

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Jan 3 2015, 1:46pm)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jan 3 2015, 1:49pm

Post #34 of 214 (1059 views)
Shortcut
     Hmmm... [In reply to]  

In Reply To
I noticed he always have his staff near him if he's anywhere near his throne.

I guess it's because that's a symbol of his authority, and it's handy to know where he can grab it from at all times?

Not that I'm complaining Laugh

In Reply To
I don't know who could act as his father and do a better job than LP acting as Thranduil. They set the bar will high when they did that.

Yeah. Not that I'm complaining Laugh

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Jan 3 2015, 1:53pm)

mariel
Lorien

Jan 3 2015, 2:00pm

Post #35 of 214 (1056 views)
Shortcut
     Leggy in crown [In reply to]  

Wasn't this one by any chance? [Went looking for it - hate to be beaten!]

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jan 3 2015, 2:01pm

Post #36 of 214 (1065 views)
Shortcut
     Adrianna, between you and Cassie, this choco-entrepreneurship [In reply to]  

Really reminds me of a fav pc game of mine called Chocolatier: Decadence by Design

I never knew vicarious chocolate creation can be fun until I played the game, and you both are reminding me of it.Smile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jan 3 2015, 2:03pm

Post #37 of 214 (1080 views)
Shortcut
     It was! mariel, you got mad tumblr skills [In reply to]  

Smile Thanks! It's been such a niggle. I can sleep easy tonight, finally!

=======

mariel
Lorien

Jan 3 2015, 2:08pm

Post #38 of 214 (978 views)
Shortcut
     You're welcome [In reply to]  

Not tumblr though - deviant art

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jan 3 2015, 2:12pm

Post #39 of 214 (1000 views)
Shortcut
     Ah. Mea culpa [In reply to]  

Assumptions got the better of me. I blame the phone!Evil

=======

Angharad73
Rohan

Jan 3 2015, 2:33pm

Post #40 of 214 (1048 views)
Shortcut
     You people crack me up! [In reply to]  

Now, I am, in general, more of a subscriber to 'Dwarf Fancier Weekly' (or I would be if there was such a thing), but I do appreciate a bit of Thranduil's brand of Elven hotness every now and then. So I thought I'd just stop by to express my thanks for supplying it whenever the need arises... BlushTongue

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 3 2015, 3:44pm

Post #41 of 214 (1092 views)
Shortcut
     "fairy modmother"! LOL! [In reply to]  

Oh, that's a good one! What a reputation...Laugh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

On_the_partyelk
Lorien

Jan 3 2015, 4:39pm

Post #42 of 214 (986 views)
Shortcut
     XXXII - that was fast [In reply to]  

Cool

Heart

Evil

The fortunes of the world will rise and fall, but here in this kingdom we will endure!

Cassiopeia
Rivendell

Jan 3 2015, 4:46pm

Post #43 of 214 (981 views)
Shortcut
     Tall as a tree [In reply to]  

Thanks Lurker! Yes, I saw that James Gunn has put Lee Pace's height at at least 6'5". That makes sense since our guy always towers above his costars in cast photos. He wears clothes beautifully and looks even better without them. Have you seen the first season of Halt and Catch Fire? Thalls should only watch it accompanied by multi thud cushions, smelling salts and fans.

Please call me, Cassie.

You started this... you will forgive me if I finish it!

J.R.R. Tolkien: In a great cave some miles within the edge of Mirkwood on its eastern side there lived at this time their greatest king

Cassiopeia
Rivendell

Jan 3 2015, 5:05pm

Post #44 of 214 (1026 views)
Shortcut
     Daddy [In reply to]  

It would be tough to find an actor who could even come close to the magnificence which Thranduil has in every scene. I would put forth Tom Mison from the show, Sleepy Hollow. He is handsome and has a very sexy voice.

Please call me, Cassie.

J.R.R. Tolkien: In a great cave some miles within the edge of Mirkwood on its eastern side there lived at this time their greatest king

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jan 3 2015, 5:21pm

Post #45 of 214 (1019 views)
Shortcut
     He-he! [In reply to]  

Glad you enjoy it, Angharad.Wink Feel free to join in with the appreciation at any time!

P.S. and OT: I see from your avatar that you participated in 2014's Na-No-Wri-Mo and I just wanted to say kudos to you! I hear it's quite the challenge, and as a hobbyist writer, I admire those who are brave enough to take it on.Smile

Happy Hobbity New Year! :D

Cassiopeia
Rivendell

Jan 3 2015, 5:22pm

Post #46 of 214 (997 views)
Shortcut
     Blushing [In reply to]  

I am honoured, Lurker. You are very kind. I recommend the following:

Or

Please call me, Cassie.

Cassiopeia
Rivendell

Jan 3 2015, 5:34pm

Post #47 of 214 (1002 views)
Shortcut
     Definitely [In reply to]  

I would go see Lee Pace as Thranduil in anything.
My personal preference for the next movie would be The Battle of Mirkwood aka Battle Under the Trees. It would showcase Thranduil's beautiful, balletic but deadly fighting skills.

Please call me, Cassie.

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jan 3 2015, 5:35pm

Post #48 of 214 (1026 views)
Shortcut
     Whoa, I can barely keep up! [In reply to]  

Not only did it take only a few days to get through Thread 30, but it got to over 260 post and now this post already has 50+ posts! I can't read this fast!Crazy

Ah well...I'll keep up as much as I can anyway.Smile

An LP-related P.S.: I am now, literally at this very moment, watching GotG for the first time. I'll have to let y'all know what I think of it and what I think of LP as the big, blue, baddie when it's over.Cool

Happy Hobbity New Year! :D

Cassiopeia
Rivendell

Jan 3 2015, 5:51pm

Post #49 of 214 (1023 views)
Shortcut
     Sticky can be good [In reply to]  

Air conditioning helps, too!
Best wishes with your newest endeavor. Do you have caramel Thrandy? I found the shipping department most vexing. Make sure you have plenty of elven help.

Please call me, Cassie.

On_the_partyelk
Lorien

Jan 3 2015, 5:53pm

Post #50 of 214 (1080 views)
Shortcut
     aweee and gulp [In reply to]  

The first one is soooo cute and the second one my-oh-my. Wink They should've made that a photoshoot. Blush

The fortunes of the world will rise and fall, but here in this kingdom we will endure!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.