Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XXXI
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Next page Last page  View All

Glorfindela
Valinor

Jan 1 2015, 5:21pm

Post #51 of 266 (6024 views)
Shortcut
     That's lovely! [In reply to]  

I refuse to believe he's dead – he was wounded and is recovering. I would love to have that confirmed in the EE.Heart

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jan 1 2015, 5:56pm

Post #52 of 266 (6034 views)
Shortcut
     Happy New Year! [In reply to]  

I'm happy to see we get to start a new thread for the new year! I got really behind on the last thread because of all the holiday-related-super-busy-time I had going on in RL, but I sure hope I can keep up with this one because there's still so much Thranduil to discuss!

Happy Thranduil-filled New Year, fellow Thralls!Smile

ETA: Love that OP pic!Heart

Happy Hobbity New Year! :D

(This post was edited by Eruvandi on Jan 1 2015, 6:06pm)

Ęleniel Tindome
Rivendell

Jan 1 2015, 6:01pm

Post #53 of 266 (6019 views)
Shortcut
     For all Thralls attending european/german conventions: [In reply to]  

Code

look at this survey: http://www.survio.com/survey/d/J4C6D3X0L5T0V3G9S

and a Happy New Year to all!

VValar
Gondor

Jan 1 2015, 6:14pm

Post #54 of 266 (6001 views)
Shortcut
     No way [In reply to]  

I've been offline for a day and we're on page freakin 3(!!) Cool of our newest thread.
Wouldn't it be cool to threadtip this one before it hits the second page of the Hobbit movie discussions page?

Lovely lovely OP Lurker *sigh* I feel we are being spoiled with these latest and newest official photo's of Thranduil. But what took them so long in the first place!? Evil
I do have a question: what on Middle-Earth is he doing with his left hand like that? Is he showing off his bling? Trying to point at us? Letting us see what beautiful strong hands and well groomed nails he has? Angelic
The level of details in that fabric is amazing. Though I will forever love and favor his armor above any other outfit he has ever worn in TH movies (admittedly I have a Thranduil armor fetish and I'm not ashamed of it HeartHeart) this one doesn't look too bad at all. But of course he would do just fine without ANY garments at all, just saying *cough* Angelic
The hair! Don't we just love that sunbathed in shiney golden, long and silky hair? (though it IS debatable whether or not it's golden or silver/golden *grin* I'm still not letting it go Wink) *swoon* And those eyes...... those icy-blue eyes complimented by those super long, dark lashes, staring at you with an intense, knowing, sultry and heartwearming look *THUD* *imagines LP's voice to go with that picture and is currently residing in Thranduil heaven HeartEvilHeartHeart*

If your ears aren't pointy, you're doing it wrong.

Cassiopeia
Rivendell

Jan 1 2015, 6:16pm

Post #55 of 266 (6008 views)
Shortcut
     Ai! So very sorry [In reply to]  

Shipping has become a nightmare here in Mirkwood. The amount of orders from hungry thralls has jumped to enormous numbers. I have looked into the backlog in the shipping department and told our head of shipping, Feren, to step things up. He has informed me of the problems he is facing:
1. Barges from Dale are in short supply. I am trying to arrange an audience with King Bard.
2. Alternate means of delivery have been hampered by Bubba's recent stay in the infirmary. He is currently in rest and recovery.
3. Lord Elrond has kindly sent Lindir to help but he is a bit slow in picking up business sense. He is much better at singing and making distressed facial expressions.
If you could come to Mirkwood yourself, it would be most appreciated. If you wish, as an additional recompense, perhaps you would like to lick off the choccy from the Elvenking in person. He generally has a light catnap after his meals and a few bottles of wine. I must caution you to approach him stealthily because if brought to a full state of awareness too abruptly he tends to be grumpy and toss perceived trespassers into his dungeons. If that should happen try singing his favorite song, Summer Wine, he finds it soothing.
If you would like to help out in the dipping or shipping departments, it would be wonderful.
Sincerely,
Your humble servant,
Cassiopeia

Please call me, Cassie.

You started this... you will forgive me if I finish it!

J.R.R. Tolkien: In a great cave some miles within the edge of Mirkwood on its eastern side there lived at this time their greatest king

VValar
Gondor

Jan 1 2015, 6:18pm

Post #56 of 266 (5978 views)
Shortcut
     That's insane! [In reply to]  

The amount of work you have put in to making those stats. I know you say it was no biggie but still, it looks like a lot of work! Shocked Thanks for making that, shows your excellent TA dedication (not that anyone here doubted that for a second Wink)

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jan 1 2015, 6:30pm

Post #57 of 266 (5965 views)
Shortcut
     Wow! [In reply to]  

Good job on these stats, Lurker! They look great!

Happy Hobbity New Year! :D

VValar
Gondor

Jan 1 2015, 6:36pm

Post #58 of 266 (5988 views)
Shortcut
     Re: Thranduil in BotFA: scenes, lines of the Elvenking that stood out for you [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Excluding the last scenes Thranduil had with Legolas, and Tauriel, what were moments that stood out for you? Saying you loved them all don't count cos don't we all?LaughAngelicHeart

Ah you got me, I was going to say that Angelic

In Reply To
(By Vendelina) Don't you just love the way he said "Are you with us?" to Bard in the scene on the left? Both a question and invitation that's really a statement which you don't argue withHeartHeartHeart

Yes one of my favs too! Btw love the way his cloak changes colour at the end to match Bubba.
And not really a line but I love the sound Thranduil sword(s) make. Did you notice that too?

My other fav line is incorporated in the trailer as well, the o so famous 'You started this, you will forgive me if I finish it."
Also I liked the way he nods his head right before the delivery of the line "I think you're trying to save your Dwarvish friends." Not so much the words as the actual body language that makes me love this part so much.
Oh and his entire encounter with both Dwarves, love it! "He's clearly mad like his cousin" lol Laugh

VValar
Gondor

Jan 1 2015, 6:38pm

Post #59 of 266 (6008 views)
Shortcut
     Killer smirk [In reply to]  

THIS!

HeartHeartHeart

In Reply To
The exchange with Dain and Thranduil's killer smirk.

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jan 1 2015, 7:00pm

Post #60 of 266 (6001 views)
Shortcut
     An interesting quote by Evangeline Lilly [In reply to]  

From the interview just posted on TORn's homepage:

[Tauriel] was the warrior elf. And I was excited to play the warrior elf because I knew it would be fun, I knew it would be cool. And one of the cool things about being an elf is that I never ever would kill a human being, I would never kill a dwarf. I would never– No matter how much I don’t like them. I would never kill another elf, I would never kill anything that had goodness in it. We only kill evil incarnate. (my emphasis)

Another proof of just how desperate Tauriel was when she pointed that arrow at Thranduil.

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Jan 1 2015, 7:10pm

Post #61 of 266 (5972 views)
Shortcut
     Off to the Elk-infirmary, If you ask me. [In reply to]  

Hopefully he'll be rested enough to be at Bard's coronation-- another scene I want to see in the EE.

Call me Rem, and remember, not all who ramble are lost...Uh...where was I?

(This post was edited by Rembrethil on Jan 1 2015, 7:15pm)

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jan 1 2015, 7:12pm

Post #62 of 266 (5954 views)
Shortcut
     Then Boris the War Boar better be alive as well! [In reply to]  

We saw enough dead animals (including a fox Frown) in AUJ.

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Jan 1 2015, 7:15pm

Post #63 of 266 (5956 views)
Shortcut
     Sounds right to me!! [In reply to]  

Yes. We know how sad that made you BlackFox, but you still have your patriarch in the Shire! 'A fox of few words, but many thoughts', they say! Wink

#BubbaLives!!! #BorisLives!!! Make it so!!

(This post was edited by Rembrethil on Jan 1 2015, 7:17pm)

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jan 1 2015, 7:17pm

Post #64 of 266 (5992 views)
Shortcut
     I bet the entire Lake-town is twittering their names [In reply to]  

Oh, wait... Unimpressed

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jan 1 2015, 7:19pm

Post #65 of 266 (5947 views)
Shortcut
     Thank goodness for that! [In reply to]  

Yes, the most famous of foxes. Tongue

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Jan 1 2015, 7:20pm

Post #66 of 266 (5972 views)
Shortcut
     Don't worry! [In reply to]  

Net service was one of the things brought in aid by Thranduil! Clever Elves to think of such things! Smile

Me85
Rivendell

Jan 1 2015, 7:21pm

Post #67 of 266 (5949 views)
Shortcut
     huh [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Of course he survived! Do you not seen the conceptual image for the EE that Lurker has provided? Looks official to me!! Cool

What did i miss?

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jan 1 2015, 7:23pm

Post #68 of 266 (5939 views)
Shortcut
     *sigh of relief* [In reply to]  

Thranduil never disappoints. Wink

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Jan 1 2015, 7:25pm

Post #69 of 266 (5968 views)
Shortcut
     Sorry, I was being totally facetious. [In reply to]  

Just my wishful thinking... see Lurker's post for clarification. Sorry!!Evil

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Jan 1 2015, 7:26pm

Post #70 of 266 (5965 views)
Shortcut
     *Gasp* [In reply to]  

How could you, a self-confessed Thrall, ever doubt it!! Shocked

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Jan 1 2015, 7:30pm

Post #71 of 266 (5959 views)
Shortcut
     That is interesting! [In reply to]  

I don't think either of them was 100% serious in that scene (as far as killing one another was concerned). I felt that she had time to react to Thranduil's attack (and did not). Likewise while Thranduil then held her at swordpoint and asked her if she would die for ker love...I don't think he would have killed her even if Legolas had not intervened. He could have (once she did not react) killed her instead of just destroying her bow.

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jan 1 2015, 7:35pm

Post #72 of 266 (5951 views)
Shortcut
     Heh... [In reply to]  

I meant to say "proved how amazing he is once again". Angelic

Me85
Rivendell

Jan 1 2015, 7:37pm

Post #73 of 266 (6017 views)
Shortcut
     Let's hope he pops up in the EE [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Just my wishful thinking... see Lurker's post for clarification. Sorry!!Evil

Frown

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Jan 1 2015, 7:37pm

Post #74 of 266 (5934 views)
Shortcut
     Nice save! [In reply to]  

Cool

I'm going to go see BOTFA again, so......

(This post was edited by Rembrethil on Jan 1 2015, 7:51pm)

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jan 1 2015, 7:39pm

Post #75 of 266 (6008 views)
Shortcut
     My thoughts exactly [In reply to]  

But it goes well to show just how high the emotions were running in that scene (all parties involved).

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.