Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XXXI
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Next page Last page  View All

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jan 1 2015, 4:54am

Post #1 of 266 (9315 views)
Shortcut
     Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XXXI  

A couple of friendly reminders aka README!!!!!!!!
If you're new, or unsure, about posting, especially contributing Pretty!, please refer to
- the TORn guides on the "Welcome" board, or
- the "IMPORTANT README for TA posters: Information on posting, and adding images" and the little PSA from the mods posts right here on the TA threads for quickie information.

It might just save you from getting zapped by Wrath of Mod.

And now back to your regularly scheduled Thranduil AppreciationHeart

.~.~.~.~.~. .~.~.~.~.~. .~.~.~.~.~.

A new deca-thread for the new year graced with a brand new image!HeartHeartHeart

Are you ready, fellow Thralls?

We're really getting coming of age territory now (if we're in the ShireLaugh): Part XXXI of the Thranduil Appreciation thread. Thanks to ltnjmy for making the 200th reply in our previous thread and tipping it over, and to our very own fairy modmother, dernwyn, for swooping to the threadlock Angelic

Any and all appreciation of HeartThranduil and everything related to him happens here.
All HeartThranduil Thralls, and appreciating non-Thralls are welcome.Smile
So feel free to jump in at any time!

(Source!Clicky)

The Thranduil Appreciation thread count:
I | II (Originating threads by Rowan Greene) | III | IV | V | VI (Threads by Lurker in the Mirk)
VII (Thread by Eruvandi) | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV (Threads by Lurker in the Mirk)
XV (Thread by Eruvandi) | XVI (Thread by Lurker in the Mirk) | XVII (Thread by VValar)
XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII | XXIV | XXV (Threads by Lurker in the Mirk)
XXVI (Thread by Eruvandi) | XXVII (Thread by Lurker in the Mirk) | XXVIII
XXIX (Threads by Eruvandi) | XXX (Thread by VValar)

Thranduil Appreciation Lexicon aka the little TAspeak garden Tongue
  • BTS Easter Egg Find (aka BEEF): Those moments in the BTS when Thranduil/LP flashes by (see Unexpected Flash of Elf) on screen or some information is found. See also "Ninja-Hugger"
  • Bubba: Nickname of Thranduil's beloved War-Elk. See also "Maximum Fabulosity Exposure"
  • Equal Opportunistic Thrall: One who thralls whom her/his infidelity fancies. Shamelessly multi-allegiance by nature. See also "Thranduil Thralls"
  • Elvenking, The: That's right, that's how it's supposed to be written
  • Facemelt: That thing Thranduil does in T&T
  • Fanart: Popular post subject/title. Beacon for Thralls, as sure as moths dive into flames. See also "Pretty!"
    (Helpful reference for the threadlard inspired: See the "IMAGES" section of "The TA (very) Quickie Help/TIPS for adding IMAGES and POSTING" sections in this README FOR ALL TA Posters)
  • FEAST: Shorthand for Flustered Elrond AND Sassy Thranduil. In honour of Thranduil sass/badassery resulting in Elrond raising his eyebrows disapprovingly. May involve dramatic Elrond temple-rubbing. Elrond's fluster can be induced remotely or by proxy and does not require Elrond to be present when Thranduil does his thang. See also "FLAST", "FEASTING"
  • FEASTING: Shorthand for Flustered Elrond AND Sassy Thranduil Including Not-impressed Galadriel. Extension of FEAST, which includes Galadriel, also in disapproval mode, i.e. Elrond's fluster conditions in FEAST apply here for both Elrond and Galadriel
  • FLAST: Shorthand for Flustered Leggy AND Sassy Thranduil. In honour of the worship for badass (maybe a smidgeon of oblivious in there somewhere) Thranduil and his actions/non-actions resulting in Legolas getting into a flap. Requires Legolas to be present when Thranduil does his thang. See also "FEAST"
  • GotG: Guardians of the Galaxy. That movie in August 2014 with LP in it
  • HCF: Halt and Catch Fire. LP's 2014 TV series.
  • Hair of Thranduil (aka HoT) Appreciation. Appreciation for Thranduil's gloriously silken beautiful platinum blond locks.
  • High Thud Risk (aka HTR): Alert for Pretty! hoarding thralls, invoked when 'EI' ain't cutting it. See also "Pretty!"
  • LA/LAEM: The Last Alliance of Elves and Men, not the city in the States
  • Lee Pace: Thranduil
  • Leggy: affectionate diminutive of Legolas
  • Legolas: Son of Thranduil, aka surfer Elf of LotR
  • LP: Lee Pace
  • Maximum Fabulosity Exposure (aka MFE): Thranduil's complete magnificence doing anything. Inspired by his awesome cool when riding Bubba the War-Elk. See also "Bubba"
  • Ninja-Hugger: Specifically LP dispensing hugs. Not that he hugs ninjas, but because he's sneaky like a ninja when he hugs people in the TH Vlogs and appendices and it takes everyone forever to realize it was even him, usually because he's back to camera when he bounces into frame. Will the sneaky hugging never end? We hope not! See also "BTS Easter Egg Find", "Unexpected Flash of Elf"
  • Oropher: Father of Thranduil
  • Orry/Oro: affectionate diminutive of Oropher
  • PD: Pushing Daisies. LP's 2007/2008 TV series
  • Pretty!: Surely self-explanatory? See also "Woodland Weekend", "High Thud Risk"
  • Silent Thread Visitor (aka STV): Self-explanatory, also known as Silent Thread Reader. STVs, Thranduil has a question for you. What say you? Smile
  • T&T: The Thranduil and Thorin confrontation scene in DOS. Generally ranked top favourite of Thranduil Thralls
  • TA: Thranduil Appreciation. All-round Heart for the Elvenking and his onscreen avatar (and by extension teh actor. See also LP). Shockingly, there are TA posts with that literary bent associated with thinking individuals frequenting such an exemplary forum as TORn. Some even hint at functional brain-matter in the poster.
  • That disagreeable (among other things) Dwarf: See "T&T"
  • Theory of Bling: Overarching term for theories and speculation on the backstories of Thranduil's rings. Popular discussion circa TAIII/TAIV, but still pops up occasionally.
  • Thranddy: affectionateHeart diminutive of the Elvenking's name (if you don't know who is the Elvenking, google is your mellon)
  • Thrandfully: The right manner on how to express your thankfulness to all Thranduil-related and non-related subjects
  • Thranduil Thralls: The afflicted. Fangirls, and boys, whose allegiance are pledged to the Elvenking. Also known as the hopelessly enthralled to his ELVEN MAGNIFICENCE. Perturbing to some, Thralldom may not be exclusive. Credit goes to Eowyn of Penns Woods for the "official" Thranduil Thrall moniker. See also "Equal Opportunistic Thrall"
  • Threadlock: The inevitable fate of all TA threads exceeding 200 replies, aka mundane Chore of Mod. See also "Thread tipping"
  • Thread tipping: Post(s) that sends the current TA thread over the 200 replies threshold See also "Threadlock".
    (See the "AVOIDING GENERIC POST-DEATH" and "AVOIDING POST- DEATH FROM THREADLOCK" sections in this README FOR ALL TA Posters).
  • Unexpected Flash of Elf (aka UFE): Those moments in the TH BTS, Vlogs when Thranduil/LP flashes by. See also "BTS Easter Egg Find", "Ninja-Hugger"
  • Woodland Weekend (aka WW): Occasional mega URL laden post for Pretty! of Thranduil, and LP. May also include goodness for Legolas, *cough*That disagreeable (among other things) Dwarf*cough* and some others. Selective indiscrimination is key. See also "Pretty!", "High Thud Risk"
  • Click here for the general TORnspeak lexicon]

Keeping track of the appreciation
    Caught off-guard at how much you've missed? 1 simple click will ensure you won't miss another update again. Put this thread on watch! Locate the "Watch thread" button to the top and right of this post (button 3 of the 5 threads buttons you see) and click it.

Also, if you click on the "creation" bit in the "Age" column (last one) when you view a forum, it changes to "activity", and you get a list of threads which has been recently posted to, instead of when they were started. It's a much easier way to find the current TA thread since someone will probably post in it, and it usually appears on page 1 of the activity view. Certainly beats going back through the board to look for it.

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile
    (Aaaaand a gushy Thranduil fangurl before The Hobbit movies; still a gushy Thranduil fangurl through them. Laugh)

HeartThranduil Appreciation. Threadcount: XXX
    I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII | XXIV | XXV | XXVI | XXVII | XXVIII | XXIX

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
    Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

(This post was edited by Eledhwen on Jan 2 2015, 3:23pm)

Cassiopeia
    Rivendell

Jan 1 2015, 5:23am

Post #2 of 266 (8698 views)
    Shortcut
         Ready, willing and able [In reply to]  

Just crossed over to a new year here and greeted by a new thread! A very good sign for a Thranduil filled year. Love the picture starting off thread XXXI! Wow, Thranduil continues his world domination. THUD

Please call me, Cassie.

You started this... you will forgive me if I finish it!

mangotree
    The Shire

Jan 1 2015, 5:23am

Post #3 of 266 (8698 views)
    Shortcut
         I love every image of our great elven king! [In reply to]  

Now we are into 2015. Happy New Year to all !

mangotree
    The Shire

Jan 1 2015, 5:25am

Post #4 of 266 (8677 views)
    Shortcut
         Hi Cassie! [In reply to]  

Happy New Year!

(This post was edited by mangotree on Jan 1 2015, 5:25am)

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Jan 1 2015, 5:27am

Post #5 of 266 (8676 views)
    Shortcut
         A Look Back At Past TA Threads [In reply to]  

What am opportune time for TA statistical introspectionSmile

Here's the new format of the look-back for TA 21 to 30. How do you think? Anyone interested in the details for threads 1 to 20? (sorry it's a bit broad. I tried to do a pdf, but that was humongous, and this is the best compromise between readability and screencap size)

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

(Aaaaand a gushy Thranduil fangurl before The Hobbit movies; still a gushy Thranduil fangurl through them. Laugh)

HeartThranduil Appreciation. Threadcount: XXXI
    I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII | XXIV | XXV | XXVI | XXVII | XXVIII | XXIX | XXX

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Jan 1 2015, 5:30am

Post #6 of 266 (8657 views)
    Shortcut
         All right, Cassie! I'm so chuffed with the new image too [In reply to]  

In Reply To
    Just crossed over to a new year here and greeted by a new thread! A very good sign for a Thranduil filled year. Love the picture starting off thread XXXI! Wow, Thranduil continues his world domination. THUD

Juuuuuuust popped up on tumblrHeart Great sign for the new year of thralldom indeedAngelicLaugh And it's his official state visit robes from AUJ! *SQUEEE*

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII | XXIV | XXV | XXVI | XXVII | XXVIII | XXIX | XXX

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Jan 1 2015, 5:30am)

Cassiopeia
    Rivendell

Jan 1 2015, 5:32am

Post #7 of 266 (8722 views)
    Shortcut
         Hi Mangotree [In reply to]  

A very happy New Year. I hear Pitbull is tearing it up downtown. Glad to be at home. Sending starfruit for the new year,

Please call me, Cassie.

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Jan 1 2015, 5:33am

Post #8 of 266 (8643 views)
    Shortcut
         Happy New Year, mangotree! [In reply to]  

Smile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Jan 1 2015, 5:36am

Post #9 of 266 (8794 views)
    Shortcut
         Bubba... just want to spread the war-elk feels from XXX [In reply to]  

This was so adorably captioned "time to go home, my baby."
    Speech bubble translations:
    1) Finally, the fighting's done. All right, let's go home!
    2) My King, not that direction!

More in the original post here.

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Jan 1 2015, 5:39am

Post #10 of 266 (8709 views)
    Shortcut
         Thranduil in BotFA: scenes, lines of the Elvenking that stood out for you [In reply to]  

Excluding the last scenes Thranduil had with Legolas, and Tauriel, what were moments that stood out for you? Saying you loved them all don't count cos don't we all?LaughAngelicHeart

For me, his line delivery here is just ... THUD!

(By Vendelina) Don't you just love the way he said "Are you with us?" to Bard in the scene on the left? Both a question and invitation that's really a statement which you don't argue withHeartHeartHeart

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Jan 1 2015, 5:40am)

Cassiopeia
    Rivendell

Jan 1 2015, 5:44am

Post #11 of 266 (8735 views)
    Shortcut
         Amazing [In reply to]  

I am blown away by all the stats you posted. OMG! It is a labor of love, Lurker. Thanks, so much for EVERYTHING you do for us.

Please call me, Cassie.

Cassiopeia
    Rivendell

Jan 1 2015, 5:51am

Post #12 of 266 (8695 views)
    Shortcut
         Loved both of these [In reply to]  

The exchange with Dain and Thranduil's killer smirk.
    The eye/eyebrow exchange between Thranduil and Bard in the scene with Gandalf.
    Thranduil dominates whenever he appears. ( More deep sighs )

Please call me, Cassie.

Me85
    Rivendell

Jan 1 2015, 5:53am

Post #13 of 266 (8732 views)
    Shortcut
         so cute [In reply to]  

HeartHeartHeart

Hope he survived!

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Jan 1 2015, 6:05am

Post #14 of 266 (8679 views)
    Shortcut
         Responses to posts in XXX [In reply to]  

@Adrianna
    Happy New Years to all. Have a safe time where ever you are.

In Reply To
    I'll take about a 100 dozen chocolate dipped Thranduil's to go, please.HeartHeart

I'll probably have to come back for more.

*scoots into queue*Tongue

Cassie, looks like you're in business EvilAngelic

@Cassiopeia
    A happy New Year to all

In Reply To
    Looking forward to a Thranduilized year ahead. Must order more cushions and chocolate for 2015. Wonder if Nutella goes with elf?

You really need to go into business for yourself, Cassie. Look at the line forming for chocolicious ThranduilHeartAngelicTongue And I'll have my Nutella Elf with these samples please. Thank you.

@mariel
    Happy New Year everyone

In Reply To

clicky for source

Happy new year to you too, mariel! Boy does, Vendelina work fastSmile

@Eruvandi
    Oooh!

In Reply To
    That's a good one! I wonder if these were test shots or what?
    No idea. But I think someone, OTP perhaps, mentioned it looked like the source is the original owner of these images. Regardless. Whether test or actual, Thranduil is just THUDDERLICIOUSHeartHeartHeart

@VValar
    Philippa Boyens on Thranduil and casting Lee Pace
    Thanks for bringing this back. Always interesting to read about the movie-makers' thoughts on Thranduil and the casting of Lee Pace in the role, especially that they specifically went to meet with him to talk about it.

But now looking at this interview, I can't help but feel that PB either was confused with her canon, despite her reputation to the contrary, or the scribe need to be hung from the rafters by the toenails. I mean, cmon!

In Reply To
    The difference being—and here’s an interesting piece of trivia—he fought in The Last Alliance, the battle that opens The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, the battle that you see Elrond fighting, when Isildur takes the Ring from Sauron. We know from the appendices of The Lord of the Rings that Thranduil was part of that. He’s very much a part of this world. But after The Last Alliance and the fall of Sauron, he didn’t leave Middle-earth, he stayed in Middle-earth and became the Elvenking, over a race of other Elves called Silvan Elves. They’re the Wood-elves of Mirkwood, which was called The Greenwood at that time.

1 - PB states Thranduil was in the WoLA with Elrond, and yet cite it as one of the differences between the two?
    2 - Elves leaving Middle-earth was an ongoing phenomenon, not an exodus triggered by Sauron, but she seemed to think so? Elves might have started leaving more obviously after WoLA (I don't really remember canon), but was there some confusion about WoLa and the War of Wrath here?Crazy

or am I the one missing something here??

*THUD*

I love how they gave kitty Thranduil a glass of wine in his paw
    Me too!Smile

Happy New Year to you too!
    Yes, it was 15 mins into 2015 when I posted it. Thanks! And trust you enjoyed your 2014/2015 festivities?Smile

*SQUEE!* *THUD* *swoon* *sigh*

In Reply To
    I...... don't..... have...... words

HeartHeartHeart

Neither do I... *THUDDED*

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Jan 1 2015, 6:07am

Post #15 of 266 (8642 views)
    Shortcut
         *blush* Happy to know you like the details... and it's not that tough a labour, tbh [In reply to]  

I like data... and it's pretty easy to track on an excel spreadsheet - just needed some formulas and setup stuff. Easy peasy once that initial pain is overSmileCool

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Jan 1 2015, 6:10am

Post #16 of 266 (8643 views)
    Shortcut
         Nice! [In reply to]  

And the way he rose from his chair in that scene as he told Gandalf: "You started this." Such grace! Such control! Such power! OEF! *THUD*

ETA: GIF and supporting proofHeartAngelic

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Jan 1 2015, 6:24am)

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Jan 1 2015, 6:18am

Post #17 of 266 (8624 views)
    Shortcut
         He does! [In reply to]  

In Reply To
    Hope he survived!

In my head at least. Bubba Lives!!!

=======

Adrianna
    Lorien

Jan 1 2015, 6:28am

Post #18 of 266 (8644 views)
    Shortcut
         Sweet! [In reply to]  

Yes, I just ran out. I need more dipped Thranduil. As soon as possible, please.

"I did free him. I freed his wretched head from his miserable shoulders."

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Jan 1 2015, 6:31am

Post #19 of 266 (8644 views)
    Shortcut
         Assorted: Image, GiF and fan art [In reply to]  

FEAST! Thanks to VValarWink

Cool GIF! Yeah, it's a packageFrownTongue

Chibi cutez, anyone?

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Jan 1 2015, 6:49am

Post #20 of 266 (8629 views)
    Shortcut
         The Elven King wants YOU to have a Happy New Year!! [In reply to]  

I just love thisHeart

Make sure you obey Thranduil's decree! Smile

=======

Adrianna
    Lorien

Jan 1 2015, 6:53am

Post #21 of 266 (8650 views)
    Shortcut
         **SQUEE* [In reply to]  

I just love this pic of him.

In Reply To
    I just love thisHeart

Make sure you obey Thranduil's decree! Smile

[/reply

Heart

"I did free him. I freed his wretched head from his miserable shoulders."

Ataahua
    Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 1 2015, 8:02am

Post #22 of 266 (8660 views)
    Shortcut
         I'd love to know how that crown stays on his head. [In reply to]  

It seems like it should be unbalanced toward the back, or weigh heavily on his cheekbones.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
    Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
    Men: "Pretty rings..."
    Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

mariel
    Lorien

Jan 1 2015, 8:43am

Post #23 of 266 (8626 views)
    Shortcut
         Happy New Year and new thread [In reply to]  

Thanks for starting the new thread. Love the new OP image HeartHeartHeart. Hope they have a few more for us

Noticed it was numbered 5, (these being number three and four) so I went looking for the first 2. Found them here and here and are of LP in a suit if anyone is interested.
    ( Should put an HTR warning on them)

mariel
    Lorien

Jan 1 2015, 8:46am

Post #24 of 266 (8653 views)
    Shortcut
         How interesting [In reply to]  

You have been busy - and so *ahem* have we all by the looks of it. Thank you for the hard work putting this together. Heart

mariel
    Lorien

Jan 1 2015, 9:00am

Post #25 of 266 (8640 views)
    Shortcut
         Speaking of Vendelina working fast! [In reply to]  

She's already got to work on the new image Heart

clicky for source

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.