The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Thread deletion

Arannir
Valinor

Dec 30 2014, 11:40pm

Post #1 of 6 (343 views)
Shortcut
Thread deletion Can't Post

Could the mods delete my new thread in the Hobbit forum?

I must have had some very emotional moment ... There is no use in it. And I am not happy by how I expressed myself. I should just take a break from the forums and these movies ;)

A happy new year and thanks for the help.

Link to my initial 8.5/10 BotFA Review (Which plummeted to a 6/10 after three viewings.)

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Dec 30 2014, 11:41pm)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 30 2014, 11:47pm

Post #2 of 6 (266 views)
Shortcut
'Tis done. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Starling
Half-elven

Dec 30 2014, 11:49pm

Post #3 of 6 (289 views)
Shortcut
Pssst Aranir [In reply to] Can't Post

I understand you wanting to express your disappointment - there is nothing wrong in that.
I would be sad if you disappeared from TORn altogether. Don't forget there are lots of other boards to visit, and plenty of other things to talk about. You don't have to discuss The Hobbit movies.
Happy new year. Smile

Magpie
Immortal

Dec 30 2014, 11:50pm

Post #4 of 6 (296 views)
Shortcut
fwiw [In reply to] Can't Post

The responses you've got so far are good illustrations of what, imo, doesn't help when someone shares any disappointment or criticism of the films. I made a vow I will make one review-post on the Off Topic movie thread about BOTFA and that will be my one and only. I don't have any need to justify any feelings I have about any movie and am totally uninterested in people feeling great need to say 'well, I liked it (as if there's something wrong with me?)' or 'you're taking it too seriously (or not 'doing it right').

I am always glad when people recognize/understand their moods and set parameters and priorities. I must support you in any decision you make.

But I would be sad if you felt you didn't have a home here. I think you're an asset to our community. I don't feel I have a home on The Hobbit board but there are other places where I'm very happy and cozy. Perhaps you could find other ways to share Tolkien on TORn.

But if not, best wishes to you. I enjoyed our few interactions. :-)

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

(This post was edited by Magpie on Dec 30 2014, 11:50pm)

Arannir
Valinor

Dec 31 2014, 12:06am

Post #5 of 6 (290 views)
Shortcut
Thanks to all of you. [In reply to] Can't Post

I will keep all of it in my heart and mind :)

Link to my initial 8.5/10 BotFA Review (Which plummeted to a 6/10 after three viewings.)

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Spriggan
Tol Eressea

Dec 31 2014, 1:04am

Post #6 of 6 (294 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm equally, for what it's worth [In reply to] Can't Post

It's not necessarily a help to conflate genuine responses to an individual with criticism of anyone who doesn't like the film.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.