Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Dec 29 2014, 8:56pm

Post #2 of 18 (1213 views)
Shortcut
Gonna be a long wait... [In reply to] Can't Post

Me want Extended Edition....

Cool

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

haarp
Rivendell

Dec 29 2014, 9:02pm

Post #3 of 18 (1144 views)
Shortcut
7 [In reply to] Can't Post

glad the interviewer asked the question about deleted LOTR scenes, I really hope PJ does something special for the 6 movie release when the final extended is done. An extended extended LOTR would be so juicy

Danielos
Rohan

Dec 29 2014, 9:12pm

Post #4 of 18 (1222 views)
Shortcut
Deleted scenes [In reply to] Can't Post

He also confirms that the scenes deleted even from LOTR EEs were never included even in early rough cuts. That means they probably arenīt up to standard and we might not be that excited about them.

adu
Bree

Dec 29 2014, 9:14pm

Post #5 of 18 (1136 views)
Shortcut
I highly doubt we will ever get... [In reply to] Can't Post

a LOTR release with more extended stuff in there. At this point our best bet is getting a great extended edition out of BOTFA.

Danielos
Rohan

Dec 29 2014, 9:17pm

Post #6 of 18 (1102 views)
Shortcut
Deleted scenes [In reply to] Can't Post

We will get the deleted scenes as a separate feature with PJ explaining why they were cut. Donīt know why that couldnīt have been included in the EEs, but I guess money talks!

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

Dec 29 2014, 9:18pm

Post #7 of 18 (1066 views)
Shortcut
Except [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
He also confirms that the scenes deleted even from LOTR EEs were never included even in early rough cuts. That means they probably arenīt up to standard and we might not be that excited about them.

We know some scenes that were edited. A palantir scene made the cut that Doug Adams saw of DOS. Then there's the dwarves first metting with Thranduil's, we saw cut together in the appendices. I recall some seen being filmed about Thorin in rivendell, about his childhood, in the scene where they eavesdrop on Gandalf's and Elrond.

patrickk
Rohan

Dec 29 2014, 9:21pm

Post #8 of 18 (1114 views)
Shortcut
PJ has talked.. [In reply to] Can't Post

..about tweaking it and maybe for example a few Tauriel shots. There will need to be some tidying up for contiuity reasons for a six DVD set anyway; and I am sure he will put it all onto digital. So shooting some pickups and additional voice dialogue may not be completely out of the question.

BlackFox
Half-elven

Dec 29 2014, 9:22pm

Post #9 of 18 (1071 views)
Shortcut
I, for one, didn't miss it in the TE [In reply to] Can't Post

Nor is it very high in my EE wishlist.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Dec 29 2014, 9:29pm

Post #10 of 18 (1071 views)
Shortcut
YAY!!! Battle Rams! [In reply to] Can't Post

Considering how DoS was redone to include conversations and scenes in Murkwood, it makes me think that part of BOT5A will also be redone to explain the battle rams. Hopefully we'll get the cavalry as well! How else would Thorin & Co. get ahold of rams to ride up Ravenhill?

Why yes, I DO look like Anna Friel!

adu
Bree

Dec 29 2014, 9:33pm

Post #11 of 18 (979 views)
Shortcut
I agree.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I am interested in how and where they insert that chariot scene and the wargs running towards them (it looked so cool)...but above all else, I want more Beorn and some closure to Dain.

On top of that, I will consider it a huge huge huge bonus if we get anything more on the eagles...particularly their reason for helping out (in a brief conversation with Radagast perhaps?).

(This post was edited by adu on Dec 29 2014, 9:43pm)

Garfeimao
Rohan

Dec 29 2014, 10:02pm

Post #12 of 18 (1030 views)
Shortcut
Chariots and battle rams [In reply to] Can't Post

It did seem odd that so much was cut from the most recent trailer, so it would be nice to see the Chariot as an action piece, and the arrival of the Dwarf cavalry on Battle Rams would be nice so we understand where Thorin and the rest got those rams to run up Ravenhill.

But I do want to see more of Beorn, just dropping him into battle and cutting away 15 seconds later was just cruel. But the biggest thing I want to see is Thorin's funeral, the laying of the artifacts with him, and Dain taking over as King under the Mountain. Thorin earned the right, and so did we as an audience, that is what most needs to be put back into the story.

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle-earth

Spriggan
Tol Eressea

Dec 29 2014, 10:06pm

Post #13 of 18 (986 views)
Shortcut
Neither Beorn nor Thorin mind, fear not. [In reply to] Can't Post

They haven't seen the film.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Dec 29 2014, 11:56pm

Post #14 of 18 (800 views)
Shortcut
Yes, those things [In reply to] Can't Post

Plus closure to Thranduil and the gems, the Arkenstone and Bard.

Thrain II
Lorien

Dec 30 2014, 2:58am

Post #15 of 18 (731 views)
Shortcut
This is not very necessary... [In reply to] Can't Post

and to be honest, I was glad it didn't make the final cut, since it looked to me like one of the OTT CGI scenes. I hope I'm wrong.
But as long as EE have more Beorn and Thorin's funeral I am happy. Smile

PredatoR
Bree

Dec 30 2014, 6:13am

Post #16 of 18 (630 views)
Shortcut
First cut [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

In Reply To

We know some scenes that were edited. A palantir scene made the cut that Doug Adams saw of DOS. Then there's the dwarves first metting with Thranduil's, we saw cut together in the appendices. I recall some seen being filmed about Thorin in rivendell, about his childhood, in the scene where they eavesdrop on Gandalf's and Elrond.

Yes, there are scenes that were cut before everything but what we know that there are rougly first cuts which PJ made TE or EE by. So at least we can get them along with the deleted scenes part at appendices.

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Dec 30 2014, 5:30pm

Post #17 of 18 (452 views)
Shortcut
its pretty ridiculous that it never made it in the TE because ... [In reply to] Can't Post

i saw it again the other day and they were showing the teaser for the film and the chariot scene was featured heavily yet PJ cut it.

The flames of war are upon you..

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Dec 30 2014, 7:02pm

Post #18 of 18 (418 views)
Shortcut
Same. [In reply to] Can't Post

Honestly, after I saw the movie I completely forgot about that chariot. I don't care whether or not it's put back in.

Happy Hobbity New Year! :D

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.