Eyelashes; aka, Ro's Been Thinking Again
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Roheryn
Tol Eressea

Dec 29 2014, 7:57am

Post #1 of 38 (1407 views)
Shortcut
Eyelashes; aka, Ro's Been Thinking Again Can't Post

It’s taken me five viewings, but I’ve finally noticed what’s REALLY important in BotFA. To wit, eyelashes. Thranduil’s. C’mon, admit it. Have you *ever* seen such long and gorgeous lashes? Thranduil is hereby crowned as the owner of The Longest Eyelashes in Middle-earth. His eyelashes are surely the envy of many a fair Elf-maiden. They’re the stuff of poetry, of sonnets, of….well, at least a good limerick or two. Maybe that’s what happened to his wife: she died of Eyelash Envy. Poor Legolas clearly has his mother’s eyelashes. I shall forevermore hold Thranduil’s eyelashes up as the paradigm of eyelash perfection.

I’m sure I’m not the only one who noticed this. Ladies? (Gents?)

With hypnotic eyelashes so lengthy,
Thranduil is nothing but slinky.
He charms and beguiles
With devious wiles
And Elvish displays of his strength-y.

(This post was edited by Roheryn on Dec 29 2014, 7:58am)

patrickk
Rohan

Dec 29 2014, 8:11am

Post #2 of 38 (966 views)
Shortcut
Yes it is his eyelashes... [In reply to] Can't Post

..and his elk who are his best friends

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Dec 29 2014, 8:21am

Post #3 of 38 (967 views)
Shortcut
I KNEW it was Thranduil you were thinking of right away [In reply to] Can't Post

And yes! He's the owner of longest lashes, and most shapely hands of METongue

Eyelashes, and even cheekbones

*this space suppose to showcase shapely Elvenking hands*Tongue

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile
(Aaaaand a gushy Thranduil fangurl before The Hobbit movies; still a gushy Thranduil fangurl through them. Laugh)

HeartThranduil Appreciation. Threadcount: XXX
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII | XXIV | XXV | XXVI | XXVII | XXVIII | XXIX

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Starling
Half-elven

Dec 29 2014, 8:24am

Post #4 of 38 (955 views)
Shortcut
Maybe he's born with it... [In reply to] Can't Post

...or maybe its Maybelline?

Roheryn
Tol Eressea

Dec 29 2014, 8:36am

Post #5 of 38 (953 views)
Shortcut
Who else? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm going back to my roots. I'm pretty firmly entrenched in the Hot Dwarves camp now, but I have come to realize that there's no point in trying to deny my beginnings as a fancier of all things Elvish. Thranduil's eyelashes today finally just completely won me over.

Nice exhibit of lashes and cheekbones there, Lurker. Heart

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Dec 29 2014, 8:40am

Post #6 of 38 (946 views)
Shortcut
*GASP* [In reply to] Can't Post

That is a shocker of a revelation, RoherynLaugh
And you're welcome. No effort needed in looking for exhibits at allAngelicHeart

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile
(Aaaaand a gushy Thranduil fangurl before The Hobbit movies; still a gushy Thranduil fangurl through them. Laugh)

HeartThranduil Appreciation. Threadcount: XXX
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII | XXIV | XXV | XXVI | XXVII | XXVIII | XXIX

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Roheryn
Tol Eressea

Dec 29 2014, 8:40am

Post #7 of 38 (952 views)
Shortcut
A good Elf [In reply to] Can't Post

never reveals such secrets.

However, I do suspect he has a supply of mascara secretly stashed under his robes. Probably one of his more treasured possessions.

Elk2013
The Shire

Dec 29 2014, 1:02pm

Post #8 of 38 (883 views)
Shortcut
What about his eyebrows? [In reply to] Can't Post

ShireHorse
Rohan

Dec 29 2014, 4:38pm

Post #9 of 38 (856 views)
Shortcut
In real life, with no mascara, Thorin/RA wins, Ro. [In reply to] Can't Post

And so you can go back to your dwarven roots.
Here's RA without make-up, showing his beautiful lashes. I have borrowed this from the Me and Richard Armitage site:

http://meandrichard.wordpress.com/...9/and-this/#comments

Her banner is quite good too.

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Dec 29 2014, 4:47pm

Post #10 of 38 (843 views)
Shortcut
Oops - I was too busy [In reply to] Can't Post

ogling his luscious costumes and headgear to notice the eyelashes. Dearie me, I must be getting old... I've seen it three times too! Ah well, when I buy the dvd I will be able to absorb all the tasty details at leisure... ~slurp~

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Dec 29 2014, 4:47pm

Post #11 of 38 (854 views)
Shortcut
I would go so far as to say [In reply to] Can't Post

that the camera played up Thorin's eyelashes too (*cough* unless it's just me *cough*) in the scenes where he was softened, or feeling something deeply, for instance in the acorn scene.

I assign everyone to see the movie again, and watch for the use of eyelashes in the character(s) of your choice. In the name of art and education, of course. Angelic

“Tollers,” Lewis said to Tolkien, “there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves.”

ShireHorse
Rohan

Dec 29 2014, 5:13pm

Post #12 of 38 (826 views)
Shortcut
Great assignment, Riven Delve, LOL! [In reply to] Can't Post

I have seen it once in HFR 3D but I shall be going to see it in Imax next for that especial immersive experience: I'm looking forward to drowning in Thorin's blue eyes but I shall pay attention to the eyelashes of both kings.

My thoughts so far: Best Eyes and Eyelashes = Thorin. Best Eyebrows = Thranduil.

Moreover: Best Curling/Dishevelled Hair = Thorin. Best Straight/Tidy Hair = Thranduil.

I try to be fair with my prizes.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Dec 29 2014, 5:24pm

Post #13 of 38 (826 views)
Shortcut
Sorry, I was more impressed with his swordplay [In reply to] Can't Post

and you can take that ANY WAY YOU WANT, LOL!Wink

Why yes, I DO look like Anna Friel!

dormouse
Half-elven

Dec 29 2014, 6:30pm

Post #14 of 38 (796 views)
Shortcut
The boys always get the best eyelashes! // [In reply to] Can't Post

VValar
Gondor

Dec 29 2014, 9:23pm

Post #15 of 38 (789 views)
Shortcut
And IRL he has those amazing long lashes as well [In reply to] Can't Post

Heart

http://i1234.photobucket.com/...5c09ab3.jpg~original

If your ears aren't pointy, you're doing it wrong.

Roheryn
Tol Eressea

Dec 29 2014, 9:38pm

Post #16 of 38 (768 views)
Shortcut
Well, now, yes... [In reply to] Can't Post

I certainly grant you that it takes considerable...talent...to wield two swords at once. Double-action swordplay PLUS the longest eyelashes in Middle-earth...seriously, what more could we want?

Roheryn
Tol Eressea

Dec 29 2014, 9:43pm

Post #17 of 38 (766 views)
Shortcut
I'm not convinced. [In reply to] Can't Post

Though it pains me to say it. You know I'm as fierce a Thorin-fan as anyone. But check out VValar's picture of Lee Pace: those are some seriously long eyelashes.

This is really causing me some serious cognitive dissonance. Elves or Dwarves? Dwarves or Elves? ARRRRGGGHHHHHHHH!!!

ShireHorse
Rohan

Dec 29 2014, 10:07pm

Post #18 of 38 (772 views)
Shortcut
Sorry, Ro, to destroy everyone's elven and dwarvish illusions but [In reply to] Can't Post

..... perhaps they've both had eyelash extensions:

https://meandrichard.wordpress.com/...rmitage-eyelashgasm/

However, a fetish over RA's eyelashes has been going on for years: LP comes late to the party.

Starling
Half-elven

Dec 29 2014, 10:50pm

Post #19 of 38 (755 views)
Shortcut
I love this because [In reply to] Can't Post

while you lot are all fighting your silly Hair-Wars, I get Bard all to myself. Heart

Avandel
Half-elven

Dec 29 2014, 11:10pm

Post #20 of 38 (754 views)
Shortcut
No. [In reply to] Can't Post

Because there are TRAMPS around like meEvil. Thorin Thrall, two-timing with Thranduil (it so messes my head up when the are in a scene together) and here's Bard looking amazing in
what I suspect is a little guyliner. He looks incredible along with an INTENSE exchange with Thorin that will definitely break the "replay" button on the remote *memo to self - order spare remote...*

Legolas is often back to his unfathomable LOTR beauty, and we've got Fili and Kili.

Not to be disrespectful considering the grimness of BOFA, but on the other hand IMO seems to me PJ & crew were falling over themselves with the lighting and makeup and hair and so on,
possibly to ratchet the MISERY for some of usFrown. Still, that's not to say a person can't THOROUGHLY enjoy the first part of the film, at least.Heart

A shame about the DG stuff reallyWink, a missed opportunity to fill the screen time with additional moments of heaven-blue and espresso chocolate INTENSE eyes, and flowing locks of
chestnut and gold, shadow and moonlight.TongueTongueTongue

Starling
Half-elven

Dec 29 2014, 11:21pm

Post #21 of 38 (752 views)
Shortcut
There's nothing quite like [In reply to] Can't Post

a 'hot guy standoff' between Thorin and Bard (as my sister so eloquently described it).

It's all quite shocking really. I thought this was a safe and innocent interwebs hangout, now I find out it is a den of....hair....and...hotness! Shocked

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Dec 29 2014, 11:33pm

Post #22 of 38 (758 views)
Shortcut
Glad someone has brought Bard into this... [In reply to] Can't Post

Rarely has the instruction, 'Look at me,' been more superfluous. Well, for everyone except Bain, of course. Believe me, I was already looking! He's not as grand and hairily thunderous as Thorin, not as sleek and deadly as Thranduil, both of whom are a pleasure to look at in different ways, but Bard does it for me.

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Dec 29 2014, 11:59pm

Post #23 of 38 (737 views)
Shortcut
"Hairily thundrous"? [In reply to] Can't Post

Perfect! Laugh Wink

“Tollers,” Lewis said to Tolkien, “there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves.”

Roheryn
Tol Eressea

Dec 30 2014, 12:15am

Post #24 of 38 (733 views)
Shortcut
I think it boils down to [In reply to] Can't Post

what I call, for lack of a more subtle phrase, the "wed or bed" conundrum. With a pang of splintered loyalties, I suggest that of these three, Bard would be most suitable for the former. I certainly understand the attraction there!

Interestingly, in some non-human animals, females engage in mating behaviour that suggests a similar conundrum. For instance, some female birds form pair-bonds with a male, and the pair-bonded male and female raise offspring together (which may or may not be the offspring of the male). However, if there is a nearby male who is more attractive than the female's partner, she'll sneak off and mate with the more attractive male -- who of course subsequently has nothing to do with raising her offspring. If the nearby males are less attractive than the female's partner, she won't mate with them. Newts do something similar, though without the pair-bonding, but I'll spare you the details. Tongue

Roheryn
Tol Eressea

Dec 30 2014, 12:49am

Post #25 of 38 (712 views)
Shortcut
And yet [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I thought this was a safe and innocent interwebs hangout, now I find out it is a den of....hair....and...hotness! Shocked

I don't exactly see you beating a hasty retreat! Tongue

I love the "hot guy standoff" analysis. Yup, that pretty much sums it up. Character-development schmaracter-development. Who needs that when we can have us some good ol' fashioned hot guy standoffs?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.