The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Oh dear what a waste

Axeman21
The Shire

Dec 28 2014, 10:47am

Post #1 of 4 (1224 views)
Shortcut
     Oh dear what a waste  

having seen the battle of the five armies and, read the hobbit book lord of the rings and seen all the films over many years the BBC id a radio adaptation which was fantastic. I can say hand on heart that the battle of the five armies was truly awful. It was all over the place. No plot no outstanding acting and to be honest the fight scenes where pretty poor as well.

hms_ocean
Rivendell

Dec 28 2014, 11:44am

Post #2 of 4 (643 views)
Shortcut
     what? [In reply to]  

What exactly were you expecting? I thought it was really good and I'm a pretty harsh critic. It may be a bit all over the place and the acting is not stand out but given the story and the scenes it was never going to be. This is a fantasy movie with big battles and characters that flow in a story. It is not some Shindler's List or Inception.

What do you think about LOTR because for me there is some equally, even worst scenes and production in those films as there are in The Hobbit.

I agree more development on some scenes (especially shots of armies fighting and marching) would've been nice but remember, they are trying to accommodate to a wide range of audience, unlike better produced darker stories like I mentioned above. That's the problem the production team faced.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Dec 28 2014, 12:12pm

Post #3 of 4 (572 views)
Shortcut
     Oh, dear – I'm so sorry you didn't like it [In reply to]  

Fortunately for me, I love it.SmileHeartSly

Eledhwen
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 28 2014, 12:26pm

Post #4 of 4 (496 views)
Shortcut
     Please repost in the user review thread above! [In reply to]  

I'm locking this thread, and will remove it when you've reposted. Thanks.

Storm clouds

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.